Powered by Outside

Best DJ Fork

Posted: Feb 16, 2010 at 10:22 Quote
eastern2626 wrote:
TheDanish wrote:
cr33py wrote:

i would say the Talas 36 would go way infront of 409s...
Just my opinion, I guess. You're probably right though.
THe only reason why the talas's r in font r because they are ajustable...
floats r smoother...

O+
Posted: Feb 16, 2010 at 18:33 Quote
febzz wrote:
which is good for beginners?
and also at an affordable price?

well the x fusion velvet is an awesome fork at only 350

Posted: Feb 18, 2010 at 16:59 Quote
connor-morris wrote:
febzz wrote:
which is good for beginners?
and also at an affordable price?

well the x fusion velvet is an awesome fork at only 350
ok ... thank you for the advice provided.
when using RST is not good?

Posted: Feb 19, 2010 at 0:52 Quote
stay awaaaay from rst. They weigh loads, they have no topout dampening so when your pedalling you will hear clunk clunk clunk clunk, most people I know have blown the seals so oil is leaking out of them, and they go rigid after a while. If you don't have much money to spend, get rigid! Or dirt jumper series

Dj2's for 87 quid

rrp is like £250 Smile

Posted: Feb 19, 2010 at 1:44 Quote
dirt jumper 2s hands down, 08 models of course

Posted: Feb 19, 2010 at 2:20 Quote
wolfenstien wrote:
dirt jumper 2s hands down, 08 models of course
i swear 08s are the worst ones? Razz 07s were the good ones Razz

Posted: Feb 19, 2010 at 2:22 Quote
08 marzocchi dj is poop. this is personal experience not internet hype

Posted: Feb 19, 2010 at 2:25 Quote
thats what i thought!

Posted: Feb 21, 2010 at 21:54 Quote
davvi wrote:
stay awaaaay from rst. They weigh loads, they have no topout dampening so when your pedalling you will hear clunk clunk clunk clunk, most people I know have blown the seals so oil is leaking out of them, and they go rigid after a while. If you don't have much money to spend, get rigid! Or dirt jumper series

Dj2's for 87 quid

rrp is like £250 Smile
ok thank ... so better use dj2 or better dj1 might pike

Posted: Feb 22, 2010 at 10:47 Quote
febzz wrote:
davvi wrote:

Dj2's for 87 quid

rrp is like £250 Smile
ok thank ... so better use dj2 or better dj1 might pike
yeah..

Posted: Feb 27, 2010 at 12:14 Quote
It's funny how much MTBers complain about a fork for DJing, saying a GI60 "has no dampening". Do you REALLY need it for JUST DJing? No, you don't. You more or less just need suspension up front to absorb the shock of landing.

BMXers are rigid with a 20in wheel, bombing gnarly stuff and you don't ever hear them complaining about damening or needing travel. A 20in wheel is far less forgiving than a 26 to begin with, let alone adding suspension.

A GI fork is perfectly fine for DJing. It's just that most people want all the little bells and whistles, and most of the time, don't even need it.

Posted: Feb 27, 2010 at 12:17 Quote
rupintart wrote:
It's funny how much MTBers complain about a fork for DJing, saying a GI60 "has no dampening". Do you REALLY need it for JUST DJing? No, you don't. You more or less just need suspension up front to absorb the shock of landing.

BMXers are rigid with a 20in wheel, bombing gnarly stuff and you don't ever hear them complaining about damening or needing travel. A 20in wheel is far less forgiving than a 26 to begin with, let alone adding suspension.

A GI fork is perfectly fine for DJing. It's just that most people want all the little bells and whistles, and most of the time, don't even need it.

haha yea, when i dirt jump or ride what ever, i like dont notice a difference between forks. i used to have an argyle, now i got a pike, and i honestly dont even notice the difference when riding jumps or skatepark

Posted: Feb 27, 2010 at 12:29 Quote
marzocchi DJ's or rocksxox argyles...

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2010 at 12:31 Quote
i personnally think that the best dj fork is a fork that performs to the needs it is put through. such forks as the gold label. the only thing that can really go wrong is it snapping. which rarley happens

Posted: Feb 27, 2010 at 12:37 Quote
Agyle hands down. Very strong, no flex, looks great, no leakage, plenty of adjustments and actually feels plush like real suspension unlike marzocchi DJ crap

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010492
Mobile Version of Website