Powered by Outside

140mm-160mm slopestyle/freeride frame.

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
140mm-160mm slopestyle/freeride frame.
Posted: Jun 10, 2010 at 7:01 Quote
soliciting in the forumns is against the rules.

Posted: Jun 10, 2010 at 7:03 Quote
dabomb666 wrote:

It's not classed as soliciting when people are helping other users by posting informative links.

Posted: Jun 10, 2010 at 7:04 Quote
marquis wrote:
dabomb666 wrote:

It's not classed as soliciting when people are helping other users by posting informative links.
oh come on marquis thats hardly an independant perspective now is it?!
did he ask for the price of the wildcard? does hampstead bandit have a commercial interest in advertising the price of the wildcard?

Posted: Jun 10, 2010 at 7:08 Quote
Yes and no,that's like saying that all shop employees who post a link to a frame/bike they sell is soliciting,hampstead also posted a bottle rocket which freeborn don't supply.

I advertise freeborn simply because they were a good shop to deal with,if i post a link to say my bike if a user was interested is that soliciting also,no it isn't.

Posted: Jun 10, 2010 at 7:22 Quote
marquis wrote:
Yes and no,that's like saying that all shop employees who post a link to a frame/bike they sell is soliciting,hampstead also posted a bottle rocket which freeborn don't supply.

I advertise freeborn simply because they were a good shop to deal with,if i post a link to say my bike if a user was interested is that soliciting also,no it isn't.
Im finding it hard to understand what your trying to get at, your sentance structure isnt fantastic.
Im not gunna argue endlessly with you, its pointless.
Hampstead bandit, as far as im aware is the proprietor of freeborn, or atleast works there.
Promoting a product, and his website, as a better alternative to the competition IS soliciting. regardless of your bias.

on a side note, i cant believe they're charging that much for a BR! thats silly money.

Posted: Jun 10, 2010 at 7:28 Quote
Simpler to understand terms then,i don't think it is soliciting so will not be cessing it,and 1300 for a br is pretty mad.

Posted: Jun 10, 2010 at 11:47 Quote
Get a Mythic Rampant for sho, so sick in raww Smile

Posted: Jun 10, 2010 at 12:01 Quote
I would jsut like to point out that this thread had been dead from Dec 13, 2008 at 7:57. I doubt that the creator of the thread wouldn't have made his mind up by now....

And that is Silly money for a BR

Posted: Jun 10, 2010 at 12:22 Quote

I am sorry if this is seen as "soliciting"

I put up the link to the BR after having real problems tracking down a Transition UK dealer (through the "surf sales" website who are the UK importers) as most of their "shop" links are broken or lead to small dealers who don't even have websites (?? in this day and age??) or don't even show "transition" products anywhere on their websites!!!

if this helps someone who wants a BR in the UK find a shop, then I am glad to help Wink

I am not the owner of Freeborn, I just work there

BR and WC are both great frames, but a problem for Transition in the UK is the price increase that happens when you switch from a "direct distribution" business model (previously Project Leeds, and then Transition themselves who offered a UK specific part of their USA website) to a "dealer" business model with an importer who has to add their margin, bumping the price up 1/3rd to 1/4!!

Posted: Jun 10, 2010 at 23:56 Quote
1000squid for a wildcard is crazy money when considering you can get a Solid flair for even less at mtb-direct.co.uk..... and their customer service and component prices is much better!

Posted: Jun 10, 2010 at 23:58 Quote
I know its 130mm travel but have you considered the Corsair Konig? Great bikes, i'm getting one soon.

Posted: Jun 11, 2010 at 2:55 Quote
just to clear things up, i now have a wildcard which you can see in my albums.

great bike and special thanks to hampstead for answering any Q's on it that i had.

For anyone else out there, i have ridden both Solid Flair and Bottlerocket and neither compare to the Wildcard. I really wanted the flair to be BETTER but unfortunatly no. and the bottlerocket, its good but very heavy, expansive.

Posted: Jun 11, 2010 at 8:16 Quote
QuinBaird wrote:
... For anyone else out there, i have ridden both Solid Flair and Bottlerocket and neither compare to the Wildcard. I really wanted the flair to be BETTER but unfortunatly no. and the bottlerocket, its good but very heavy, expansive ...
Word!
The Bottlerocket and the Wildcard do have alot similarities but are far ahead in overall Quality to the Flair, which is cheap for some reason.

Posted: Oct 7, 2010 at 12:05 Quote
i have a felt compulsion atm wich jochua forestreur ride on. wiggle are doing the for £770 which leaves you money 4 a shorter stem, chainguide and bars

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.037569
Mobile Version of Website