Powered by Outside

Most hated suspension design

PB Forum :: Other
Most hated suspension design
Posted: Nov 14, 2009 at 20:41 Quote
alcapwny wrote:
sherbet wrote:
And the fact the rear disk is floating, so it will preform differently under braking forces automatically.
I'm not sure what you're talking about. Explain please.

And we're talking about Faux Bar.

We're talking Faux bar VS Four bar.

Yes, there's a large difference. Don't believe me? Do a steep tech section with the rear locked of a faux bar bike, and a four bar bike. If you can't physically feel a difference, you're not qualified to say anything about suspension. It's that much of a difference.

Posted: Nov 14, 2009 at 21:29 Quote
sherbet wrote:
alcapwny wrote:
sherbet wrote:
And the fact the rear disk is floating, so it will preform differently under braking forces automatically.
I'm not sure what you're talking about. Explain please.

And we're talking about Faux Bar.

We're talking Faux bar VS Four bar.

Yes, there's a large difference. Don't believe me? Do a steep tech section with the rear locked of a faux bar bike, and a four bar bike. If you can't physically feel a difference, you're not qualified to say anything about suspension. It's that much of a difference.
Oh. My bad. I thought we were talking about Faux bar vs Single pivot.

Posted: Nov 15, 2009 at 3:13 Quote
peter16 wrote:
demo8pomaz wrote:
face-plant-king wrote:
my most hated yet most loved must be fsr it is both beautifly simple in theory but in reality a pain in the backside with E*13 chain guides.
Whate are you talking about you retard, suspention design had nothing to do with chainguide fitment, do you really expect a new chainguide to be desgined to fit a frame from the time of the dinosaurs
don't talk shit
look you tards pomaz you had trouble fitting your lg1 swaddle has had prblem with his srs+ and his lg1 on his bighit both happen to be fsr linkage...

Posted: Nov 15, 2009 at 4:56 Quote
face-plant-king wrote:
peter16 wrote:
demo8pomaz wrote:
Whate are you talking about you retard, suspention design had nothing to do with chainguide fitment, do you really expect a new chainguide to be desgined to fit a frame from the time of the dinosaurs
don't talk shit
look you tards pomaz you had trouble fitting your lg1 swaddle has had prblem with his srs+ and his lg1 on his bighit both happen to be fsr linkage...

you can't hate a design because of fitment issue's,gamut fit bighit's/demo's and sx trail's with out any trouble what so ever,so in hind sight the problem is with the guide not the design of the suspension.

Posted: Nov 15, 2009 at 5:51 Quote
marquis wrote:
face-plant-king wrote:
peter16 wrote:
don't talk shit

you can't hate a design because of fitment issue's,gamut fit bighit's/demo's and sx trail's with out any trouble what so ever,so in hind sight the problem is with the guide not the design of the suspension.
yeah but you would think that spesh would have realized this problem and tweeked the frames a little bit to accomodate for the mounting issues.

Posted: Nov 15, 2009 at 6:22 Quote
face-plant-king wrote:
marquis wrote:
face-plant-king wrote:

yeah but you would think that spesh would have realized this problem and tweeked the frames a little bit to accomodate for the mounting issues.

think of it logically,who is it easier for to change the design and who also changed there design e thirteen did.

Posted: Nov 15, 2009 at 9:38 Quote
face-plant-king wrote:
peter16 wrote:
demo8pomaz wrote:
don't talk shit
No I didn't have any trouble with fitment, I bottom bracket mounted it which meant it cleared the frame, just had a few issues with chainline which are now sorted.

Posted: Nov 15, 2009 at 9:42 Quote
face-plant-king wrote:
peter16 wrote:
demo8pomaz wrote:
don't talk shit
Why are you even posting on here if you havent got a clue what you're talkin about? Pomaz fitted his LG1 with no problems at all and I fitted my chainguide to my Big Hit with no problems. It's got nothing to do with the way the suspension works, at all, you TARD

Posted: Nov 15, 2009 at 9:44 Quote
vpp causes trouble with chainguide fitment as it drops the chainstay quite alot

look at people fitting various guides to 951s/m6s etc etc

Posted: Nov 15, 2009 at 9:59 Quote
peter16 wrote:
face-plant-king wrote:
peter16 wrote:
don't talk shit
Why are you even posting on here if you havent got a clue what you're talkin about? Pomaz fitted his LG1 with no problems at all and I fitted my chainguide to my Big Hit with no problems. It's got nothing to do with the way the suspension works, at all, you TARD
peter swaddle had to drill his back plate to make the roller not hit of his chainstay.

Posted: Nov 15, 2009 at 10:37 Quote
face-plant-king wrote:
peter16 wrote:
face-plant-king wrote:
peter swaddle had to drill his back plate to make the roller not hit of his chainstay.
I havnt drilled my backplate. Thats what i needed to do though.Dead Horse

Posted: Nov 16, 2009 at 7:04 Quote
stryke wrote:
vpp causes trouble with chainguide fitment as it drops the chainstay quite alot. look at people fitting various guides to 951s/m6s etc etc
[Quote]peter swaddle had to drill his back plate to make the roller not hit of his chainstay.[/Quote]

The M6 fits a guide just fine. The "ISCG-05" tabs on the 951 are very misaligned from the initial design, and as thus are EXCLUDED from being grouped with the standard.

As for the Bighit and earlier Specialized models...they all used dropped chainstay designs (as well as having the same issue as the 951 incidently; improperly clocked ISCG tabs). For older model (06-08 gen) SRS and LG1s, you would ABSOLUTELY need the WIDE angle backplate to get the guide to fit. This was a common misconception (I did it to my Kona back in the day before coming to e*thirteen), and most simply fixed by the WIDE angle backplate, or grabbing one of the new LG1+ or SRS+ guides, with an adjustable angle design.

Chainguide setup only relates to suspension when the design can move far enough to contact the guide.

Cheers,
philip @ e*thirteen

Posted: Nov 16, 2009 at 8:42 Quote
matthew10 wrote:
face-plant-king wrote:
peter16 wrote:
I havnt drilled my backplate. Thats what i needed to do though.Dead Horse
oh yeah coz you wer goin to do it at school but they wouldnt let you or summit lol

Posted: Nov 20, 2009 at 0:28 Quote
I don't like how the shock, and rear linkage in konas looks like a parallelogram. ride awesome, but look stupid imo

Posted: Nov 20, 2009 at 20:55 Quote
Since there hasn't been any pictures for a while in this forum, i'd thought i would start bringing them back. Here's a frame i'm not a fan of.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.dellabikes.com.br/beta/images/perp2_bbq.jpg

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.037937
Mobile Version of Website