Deity Frame Owners!

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Deity Frame Owners!
O+
Posted: Apr 3, 2012 at 5:16 Quote
htstreet wrote:
Tate27 wrote:
htstreet wrote:
as far as i can see it stands for making nice looking parts for kids.
Yeah, Clearly your eyesight is limited.
Does NS Dartmoor or Ill bike Give you a lifetime warranty on products... No.
Because there not as confident in thier product as deity.....
You clearly are ignorant to new companies because your scarred of change in some way....
its just a way to sell stuff... and at the end of the day they know hardly anyone will have a frame over 5 years at most
Thats not exactly true.
I see where your coming from, Like from people like you who constantly switch their build because they have an idea that buying a new frame will suddenly make them a better rider. Sure They exist, and their foolish with thier money.
And then there are some of us, who arn't retarded and switch up stuff when we break it..... Or bend it or what have you.
So for my next frame, Im strongly considering a cyrptkeeper, because there geo is apparently "effortless" Which is sometime I would love to have in a Dirt jumper

Posted: Apr 3, 2012 at 6:26 Quote
Shit dude, let people ride the bikes that they want to ride. What do you have to gain by bashing everyone who rides a deity part? If it's not your style, don't ride it, simple as that. You've launched quite the vendetta against this company for no apparent reason.

Posted: Apr 3, 2012 at 6:57 Quote
I ride a Stout, and ever since I bought my bars, I loved them. Talking to Eric and Sadie was like "Holy Shit! Have we met?" they talked to me like I was a buddy from the past and all this shit. Neither Specialized, Trek, nor other bike shops or companies have done that. The products they come out with may have some colorful bling factor, but they also do black. You think I was planning on having purple on my build? No, when I found out my SLX cranks didn't work on my Stout, I really didn't want to deal with anyone else with parts, so I called Eric. He helped me choose cranks and crank length, a sprocket and when it came to a BB, I told him just the standard one, then he tells me he has a Proto Embassy in purple he could give me, and that it matches the purple bolt on my Stout. Why would I turn that down? My pedals were basically Compounds only without metal pins, so I ordered Compound bodies. My saddle had a rip developing on the top and I needed it for the Dob, so I got a saddle. Post, he offered me it to match the rest. It's not like I was trending because at the time, I believe CR and some other dude was on Deity's, but still HT, you don't understand.

Posted: Apr 3, 2012 at 7:32 Quote
htstreet wrote:
its just a way to sell stuff... and at the end of the day they know hardly anyone will have a frame over 5 years at most

So why doesn't everyone do it then?

Posted: Apr 3, 2012 at 7:35 Quote
GVSz wrote:
You've launched quite the vendetta against this company for no apparent reason.

They launched quite the Vendetta yesterday!
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/s720x720/541827_10150711095880789_378143935788_9350322_1551562962_n.jpg

Posted: Apr 3, 2012 at 7:36 Quote
GVSz wrote:
Shit dude, let people ride the bikes that they want to ride. What do you have to gain by bashing everyone who rides a deity part? If it's not your style, don't ride it, simple as that. You've launched quite the vendetta against this company for no apparent reason.

ahhhh i see what you did thar Wink

Posted: Apr 3, 2012 at 7:40 Quote
crs-one wrote:
htstreet wrote:

they dent need to.

Posted: Apr 3, 2012 at 7:52 Quote
htstreet wrote:
crs-one wrote:
htstreet wrote:

they dent need to.

But if it's nothing more than a way to sell frames, why wouldn't other companies embrace it? That's like free money.

Remember, these companies are all pretty similar in at least one regard - they all have to eat the cost for warranty frames, they all project the failure rate and bake that into the cost of the frame. You raised that point yourself, but never really went anywhere with it. So let's do that now.

They all have to pay similar amounts for certain things - ED coating, heat treating, nice tubing, etc. So if we look at the Majesty and the Streetsweeper, we see they both have ED coating, both have butted tubesets, both have full post-weld heat treating, but one is $500 on CRC and one is $580 (and we all know how cheap CRC sells NS). All things equal, why is it that NS only feels confident granting a one year warranty on a frame that they sell for $100 more than a comparable frame with a lifetime warranty?

Posted: Apr 3, 2012 at 7:54 Quote
I've come to the point where HT isn't worth my time. No point in replying to his ignorant comments.

Posted: Apr 3, 2012 at 7:56 Quote
crs-one wrote:
htstreet wrote:
crs-one wrote:

they dent need to.

But if it's nothing more than a way to sell frames, why wouldn't other companies embrace it? That's like free money.

Remember, these companies are all pretty similar in at least one regard - they all have to eat the cost for warranty frames, they all project the failure rate and bake that into the cost of the frame. You raised that point yourself, but never really went anywhere with it. So let's do that now.

They all have to pay similar amounts for certain things - ED coating, heat treating, nice tubing, etc. So if we look at the Majesty and the Streetsweeper, we see they both have ED coating, both have butted tubesets, both have full post-weld heat treating, but one is $500 on CRC and one is $580 (and we all know how cheap CRC sells NS). All things equal, why is it that NS only feels confident granting a one year warranty on a frame that they sell for $100 more than a comparable frame with a lifetime warranty?
they just dont give a life time warranty....

Posted: Apr 3, 2012 at 7:57 Quote
Ajmckerihen wrote:
I've come to the point where HT isn't worth my time. No point in replying to his ignorant comments.
oh the value D:

Posted: Apr 3, 2012 at 7:58 Quote
htstreet wrote:

So you're calling them liars, then.

Posted: Apr 3, 2012 at 8:01 Quote
[Quote="crs-one"]
htstreet wrote:

So you're calling them liars, then.[/Quote i am ?

Posted: Apr 3, 2012 at 8:02 Quote
Well, they claim they offer a lifetime warranty, you say they don't. Either you're a liar or they are.

Posted: Apr 3, 2012 at 8:02 Quote
HT, you raised no points whatsoever. You're clearly at the bottom of the food chain.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009888
Mobile Version of Website