Post your Yeti pics here

PB Forum :: Yeti
Post your Yeti pics here
Posted: Sep 22, 2020 at 10:29 Quote
joshgardner wrote:
Hi guys/girls,

Bit of a long shot and I appreciate suspension is crazy subjective, but I'm really struggling with set up on my 150 and thought I would send a message to see if anyone had any suggestions/experience. Apologies if this isn't the right forum but can't find much else.

I have followed the basic/initial set up on the site and dialed in shock sag etc etc, but initially found the bike to feel really unbalanced. Predominantly sitting very far into its rear travel during cornering, making it really difficult to turn the bike and/or hold a line through a corner or camber. Adding compression did help this, but then made the rear feel really choked and and overall feeling of poor grip. Dropping sag down to 18mm (instead of 20mm) gave a similar outcome.

Adding volume reducers and reverting to 19/20mm sag has really helped with the balance and ability to turn the bike. However, with compression set at 7 and 10 (lsc/hsc from open) and 4 spacers I am bottoming really frequently, even off square edged hits and trail compressions, not just classic drops. Adding comp returned the choked/kicky feel. Rode today and went to 5 tokens, and 18mm sag. This helped the bottoming, but made it kick really hard on takeoffs, presumably because of the 'pogo' effect of lots of ramp up, and me not being that heavy. Rebound is already on the neutral/slower side, so I don't believe it's a rebound setting issue.

For reference I am 73kg kitted, and would class myself as a reasonable level/aggressive rider (top 10% in open men at races, occasional podium (cringing at how this sounds but don't know how else to say)). Sorry for such a long winded message and I appreciate there are so many variables here it maybe unable to help, it's just that I'm tearing my hair out with it as I know the bike is such a great bit of kit, but I just cannot get it to work for me and have spent the last 2 months changing things pretty much every ride.

Even if there is someone who is similar weight an ability who would be open to sharing their settings that would be incredibly helpful.

Maybe reply direct to me to avoid clogging up this forum with my whinging.

I bought my sb150 in June and was pretty much in the same boat as you trying to get it to turn in and hold a line through a corner. Tried various height bars/stems spacers under stem finally settled on a renthal apex 50mm stem and 30mm rise bars with no spacers bars rolled forward quite a bit. The game changer was fitting a coil shock though it has completely transformed the bike. Could never get the x2 set up properly either harsh or blowing through the travel. I know it's an expensive try but it has now made this the best bike I have ever ridden.

Posted: Sep 30, 2020 at 16:54 Quote
Gorgeous fall day in the Fells near Boston!

photo

O+
Posted: Oct 5, 2020 at 19:42 Quote
Little bit sketchy, I don't normally ride on clips!
photo

photo

Posted: Oct 6, 2020 at 14:43 Quote
My 303 in Iztaccihuatl-Popocatepetl National park

O+
Posted: Nov 17, 2020 at 21:16 Quote
Maiden ride up Caballero canyon and down widow maker hectic
First ride on the new machine Robin 2021 SB150 size Large full custom build

Posted: Nov 23, 2020 at 12:42 Quote
Just picked up my 2021 SB140 T2 build. Only thing i've changed so far is putting on a 40mm RaceFace Turbine stem. The stock rear Rekon will probably be hung up until next summer as it is just doesn't have enough braking for real steep loose trails or when things get wet soon.

photo

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2020 at 17:31 Quote
Love the pic @Big-Fil!

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2020 at 19:51 Quote
spaceofades wrote:
so, push or ext?

I wish I had the newest 11.6 with HBO to test, but the feel of the Lok V3 w/ Sprindex coil is a tad more refined and responsive compared to the plush feel of the 11.6. Granted the Sprindex is supposed to be progressive in the final 20% of compression and I did not try that with the 11.6, but the reduced weight of the Lok made me decide to go Italian moving forward.

I personally like the looks of the 11.6 better on this build; Sprindex won;t be making silver or Ti colored coils anytime soon...

O+
Posted: Dec 15, 2020 at 8:24 Quote
lemonaid wrote:
photo
That 115 has a nice slopestyle/BMX look to it. Hit some jumps and ride to a cafe afterwards kinda look.

Posted: Dec 16, 2020 at 6:24 Quote
Staktup wrote:
spaceofades wrote:
so, push or ext?

I wish I had the newest 11.6 with HBO to test, but the feel of the Lok V3 w/ Sprindex coil is a tad more refined and responsive compared to the plush feel of the 11.6. Granted the Sprindex is supposed to be progressive in the final 20% of compression and I did not try that with the 11.6, but the reduced weight of the Lok made me decide to go Italian moving forward.

I personally like the looks of the 11.6 better on this build; Sprindex won;t be making silver or Ti colored coils anytime soon...

So are you saying the 11/6 feels plusher but you prefer the EXT? You can get Sprindex for the PUSH too, only thing putting me off is it looks pretty naff with the grey plastic, fitted a Yellow Ohlins spring myself to my 11/6 and it looks great.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019638
Mobile Version of Website