Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Norco's Takeover of DW link...What is to come!?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Norco's Takeover of DW link...What is to come!?
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 17:05 Quote
Lets not get any crazy ideas that Sam Hill would leave Team Ironhorse/MadCatz. He has been on the team for ages now, and I don't think that he would just drop the team. Personally I don't think that this sort of news is very reliable because a patent can not be just given up like that to another company. And also they don't expire unless you renew them or don't use them for a certain amount of time.

Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 17:11 Quote
IH doesn't have the patent, DW has. If he chooses to leave IH, than he does so with the DW link. Same has said he'll follow DW wherever he may go.

Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 18:14 Quote
Well anyways, I don't think that Sam would just leave for DW-Link, I think that if he leaves for that reason, he is just a total idiot. Don't get me wrong, I love Sam Hill, he is my favorite rider. Leaving for some stupid suspension reason is just ridiculous though.

O+
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 18:17 Quote
HBMman wrote:
Here is a very rough version of what it might look like.
photo

i thought it might look a litle better

Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 18:18 Quote
I think sombody deleted my post, but it said that Sam Hill is'nt following DW's link, hes following his daughter...Salute

Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 18:20 Quote
I usually rant on how I hate Norcos because there like every other fsr bike. But if Norco started coming out with frames equipped with DW link I would definitely buy one. Tho this wouldn't happen because GIANT FOR LIFE. maestro = maestrobation..

Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 18:25 Quote
nishnash wrote:
HBMman wrote:
photo

I said very rough I'm workin on a good one though.

Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 18:25 Quote
Norco has a lot of hype to live up to now

O+
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 19:00 Quote
HBMman wrote:
nishnash wrote:
HBMman wrote:
photo

I said very rough I'm workin on a good one though.
nono ure editing really good, i just thought the norco would look beter with dw

Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 19:01 Quote
TJ-downhill wrote:
Well anyways, I don't think that Sam would just leave for DW-Link, I think that if he leaves for that reason, he is just a total idiot. Don't get me wrong, I love Sam Hill, he is my favorite rider. Leaving for some stupid suspension reason is just ridiculous though.

If hes leaving cause of that "stupid suspension reason", its most probably because DW-Link gives him a competitive advantage.. Im not saying its the bike that makes the rider, Its really the other way around!! But it just completes the package..

Lets say that Sam beleives that his sunday gives him an advantage, And now IH is taking away the technology that made the bike the way it is...

I dunno... Im probably making no sense at-all...

Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 19:38 Quote
louis2468routier wrote:
TJ-downhill wrote:

If hes leaving cause of that "stupid suspension reason", its most probably because DW-Link gives him a competitive advantage.. Im not saying its the bike that makes the rider, Its really the other way around!! But it just completes the package..

Lets say that Sam beleives that his sunday gives him an advantage, And now IH is taking away the technology that made the bike the way it is...

I dunno... Im probably making no sense at-all...
Na, that makes sense. Its like that in all professional sports. Athletes want every little advantage they can get.

Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 19:46 Quote
marquis wrote:
clapforcanadaa wrote:
sherbet wrote:
Giant already has Maestro, wouldn't make sense for them to switch to DW link. They're basically the same thing, and Giant would have to load money over to DW to get ahold of the design, and if there's no actual benefit, why would they?

So they can own all the floating suspension bikes out there of course! Next to come is VPP then Trek's new full floater. It makes total sense for them to blow all their money out so they can produce bikes virtually the same as Maestro...
*Cough sarcasm cough*

I highly doubt Giant will take the DW link if IH has dropped it...

ih didnt drop it dave weagle dropped iron horse.

and i heard that thomas vanderman is going to norco.

Too bad Vanderham rides for Cove now...

Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 20:18 Quote
cdavis wrote:
marquis wrote:
clapforcanadaa wrote:

So they can own all the floating suspension bikes out there of course! Next to come is VPP then Trek's new full floater. It makes total sense for them to blow all their money out so they can produce bikes virtually the same as Maestro...
*Cough sarcasm cough*

mabey norco is a code word for cove now

Posted: Jun 25, 2008 at 20:25 Quote
cdavis wrote:
marquis wrote:
clapforcanadaa wrote:

*Cough sarcasm cough*

if he stays, what type of suspensoin would IH if it sucks theres no reason to stay its like having santa cruz start making wlamrt bike their top bike, i dont think steve would like that

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013091
Mobile Version of Website