Powered by Outside

Just for the ladies!

PB Forum :: Girl's Clubhouse
Just for the ladies!
Posted: Dec 26, 2012 at 21:41 Quote
oceanp wrote:
mhje91 wrote:
hey guys, im looking for a new DH bike. I have a mongoose Nugget right now, and it just isnt doing it for me. Im loooking for something that i can rip through burms with and have the strength to hold up on 5-8 foot drops. Im 5'4" and 120 pounds. Any suggestions? Ive been looking at the Transition Syren, but have heard threads that it cant handle the big drops.
Is there another bike im overlooking?
Thanks for any opinions!

One of the best female shredders that I know rides a Syren (as do I but she's a million times better at riding then I am!) She hucks big jumps and drops - I've never heard any complaints from her about feeling like her Syren isn't enough. I love mine but am not that hardcore of a rider.

Did you ever end up finding a bike? I am looking for something new and am about the size.... thanks!

Posted: Dec 27, 2012 at 0:36 Quote
jax888 wrote:
rippinchick wrote:
Any other ladies tired of trying to find jerseys that aren't boy's youth XL??? There are a few cool ladies jerseys out there but because there are so few, you head out to the bike park wearing one and every other female in line has on the same jersey!! Companies need to realize that we are out there and willing to shop!!! I don't want a jersey that is so tight that when I go over a drop my shirt rides up and I don't want a jersey that looks like it's out of my boyfriend's closet! Yes pink is cool but not all women's jerseys need to be pink either. I just want selection and comfort and I'm willing to pay for it!!

Totally agree. I would like to find ladies gear outside of the standard pink and baby blue color choices.

Try Dakine's jerseys. I have 4 of them all different colors. And there's also differents cut (3/4, full arm or a T-shirt). Not one is pink (thaaaanks god I hate pink !)

Posted: Sep 21, 2013 at 10:54 Quote
Rideuse67 wrote:
jax888 wrote:
rippinchick wrote:
Any other ladies tired of trying to find jerseys that aren't boy's youth XL??? There are a few cool ladies jerseys out there but because there are so few, you head out to the bike park wearing one and every other female in line has on the same jersey!! Companies need to realize that we are out there and willing to shop!!! I don't want a jersey that is so tight that when I go over a drop my shirt rides up and I don't want a jersey that looks like it's out of my boyfriend's closet! Yes pink is cool but not all women's jerseys need to be pink either. I just want selection and comfort and I'm willing to pay for it!!

Totally agree. I would like to find ladies gear outside of the standard pink and baby blue color choices.

Try Dakine's jerseys. I have 4 of them all different colors. And there's also differents cut (3/4, full arm or a T-shirt). Not one is pink (thaaaanks god I hate pink !)

Good call!!! I also can't stand pink! I avoid it like the plague on my bike and any of my riding clothes Razz

Posted: Apr 20, 2014 at 3:59 Quote
New Facebook site for girls...

For you to post your lasted gear, bikes and favorite trail.

Site also has product reviews and trails reviews so go ahead and give it a like!

Also look out for our recommended product of the week.

www.facebook.com/MTBGirls (MTBGirlsride.com)

Posted: May 15, 2014 at 7:30 Quote
Hey ladies, Prairie Girls Racing - PGR is selling tees to represent women in the mountain biking community, including "I Ride Like A Girl" tees! Check it out here http://prairiegirlsracing.spreadshirt.com/

*All proceeds used to provide services/resources to women in the mtb community

Posted: Jul 23, 2014 at 21:47 Quote
I am looking into getting a full face helmet for my wife. Is there a womens specific one? Or one that is better for women?.. She has a smaller head btw. Thank you

Posted: Jul 25, 2014 at 21:29 Quote
Spwbrdr wrote:
I am looking into getting a full face helmet for my wife. Is there a womens specific one? Or one that is better for women?.. She has a smaller head btw. Thank you
I don't know of any women's specific mountain bike full face helmets, but a lot of women I know with small heads (I am, not one of them...) seem to really like Troy Lee Helmets. I also know a few small gals that have Specialized full faces and really like those as well. Best would be to let her pick it out (or have the option of exchanging it)... just saying, sometimes we ladies can be picky about these sorts of things Wink Good luck! And you're a super nice husband, by the way!!

Posted: Jul 16, 2015 at 7:43 Quote
Check out our new website @ www.MTBGirlsRide.net! It will keep you up to date with all the latest product reviews and girls MTB news as well as some healthy tasty training recipes!!

Posted: Apr 8, 2016 at 10:50 Quote
Spwbrdr wrote:
I agree with aaoliver, my small head is very happy with my Troy Lee full face. I also like Kali.

O+
Posted: Apr 19, 2016 at 2:55 Quote
Hi girls
I want to know, if you would do any girlspecific bike course and if yes, which terrain would you prefer?
CC, Enduro, Freeride or DH?

Which countries in middle europe are interesting for you?
Italy, Slovenia, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, France, Czech

What places would you like to ride or did you ever hear about:
IT: Kronplatz, Latsch, Livigno, Finale Ligure, Aosta, Punta Ala, Triest
SLO: Kranjska Gora, Maribor, Krvavec, Javornik, Kobarid
AUT: Leogang, Saalbach, Wagrain, Semmering, Serfaus Fiss Ladis, Wildkogel, Sölden
CH: Engadin, Lenzerheide, Crans Montana, Champery, Flims, Davos, Verbier, Visp
GER: Willingen, Winterberg, Samerberg Todtnau, Rabenberg,
FR: Lac Blanc, Les Gets, Morzine, Chatel, Tigne, Les deux Alpes, Les Angles
CZ: Spizak

Or others?

Curious about your answers!
Ride on, Lisa

Posted: Jan 30, 2017 at 8:40 Quote
It makes me sad that this thread seems to have dried up and died. Cry

Surely there are still other ladies out there that shred?

O+
Posted: Mar 28, 2017 at 10:23 Quote
Hey Ladies!
I have a like new full suspension women specific bike for sale. Check out the details in my profile. Smile

For all those in Edmonton, Alberta - join our ride group: Women on Wheels! www.facebook.com/womenonwheelss

Posted: Nov 29, 2018 at 11:27 Quote
Hi ladies, i have reviewed some awesome bikes specially for women who wanna explore the mountain. Find them here in https://www.bestbikeguides.com/best-womens-mountain-bike/

Posted: Feb 26, 2019 at 7:40 Quote
sweetfilly7 wrote:

I have to agree with you on that one. It's a bit of a shame. The problem I have is finding ladies who ride in Kelowna.

O+
Posted: Feb 26, 2019 at 14:41 Quote
RedAutumn wrote:
sweetfilly7 wrote:

I have to agree with you on that one. It's a bit of a shame. The problem I have is finding ladies who ride in Kelowna.

Hi RedAutumn! I ride up at Silver Star a lot in the summer and often end up riding alone. Would be more fun to ride with another lady Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012123
Mobile Version of Website