Who makes the best flat pedals ?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Who makes the best flat pedals ?
Posted: Jan 15, 2009 at 7:11 Quote
Staccato 8's are still in the prototype stage.. But DW has said he is making some all metal pedals and should be selling them around February or March. Most likely March.

O+
Posted: Jan 18, 2009 at 20:06 Quote
i would say some 50/50s would do the trick.

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 at 22:00 Quote
What about Axiom Road Gaps? They seem to be good pedals that have great bearings (sealed cartridge), nice weight, durable, and all backed with a lifetime warranty.

Posted: Jan 18, 2009 at 22:56 Quote
twenty six's are sick. too expensive though. really light and grippy

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 at 0:48 Quote
I only ride twenty6 now but would love to try the fly paper pedals.

O+
Posted: Jan 19, 2009 at 18:18 Quote
bsmith wrote:
agreed, the downside with the flypaper is that you have to run a special crankset.

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 at 18:52 Quote
nishnash wrote:
bsmith wrote:
agreed, the downside with the flypaper is that you have to run a special crankset.

?

Posted: Jan 19, 2009 at 18:53 Quote
nishnash wrote:
bsmith wrote:

that is true but i still would like to try them out.

O+
Posted: Jan 19, 2009 at 18:56 Quote
creamsoda89 wrote:
nishnash wrote:
bsmith wrote:

?
The flypaper pedals are thin (no shit) and require a special insert in the cranks to keep them in there, and strong. And they only offer certain cranks with this insert, and said insert must be factory installed.

O+
Posted: Jan 24, 2009 at 19:13 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.speedplay.com/images/drillium.jpg

Posted: Jan 24, 2009 at 22:19 Quote
Those Speedplays are crazy pedals. I looked at their writeup on competitive cyclist, and it said "lots of CNC machined holes for dissipating heat during re-entry". lol. Like a rocket ship!

I picked up a pair of Wellgo MG-1 with Titanium axles for $75 CAD shipped, brand new! They'll be here shortly and I'll try them out to see how they preform. One thing I do know is that they are ridiculously light, at 298 grams a pair!

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.cycleway.cn/bbs/upload/20088230498143.JPGTake a look at those beauties.

Also, those twenty6 pedals are crazy. They look beautiful, particularly the limited editions, which could be yours for a small fortune of $440. Unfortunately, I'm not one who can dole out that kind of cash moneys, particularly when you can get a fantastic pair at a fraction of the cost. I'm a value hound, and twenty6, while I'm sure they're great, aren't exactly very wallet-friendly.

Lastly, I was on Wellgo's website a couple of days ago, and thought: "Holy crap! They must have a thousand different variations of the same pedal". Seriously, though, check it out. I think it's "www.wellgo.com.tw" or something like that. They have HUNDREDS of pedals, and while they have a strong reputation, some of them look really cheap, and I don't know how or why any company would CNC machine so many variations of the same thing! Must be some mismanaged sweat-shop taiwanese company. kidding.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Smile Blank Stare Big Grin Confused Cool Cry Eek Evil Frown lol Mad Razz Redface Rolleyes Wink Madder Really Mad tup Very confused Thumbs Down Attention Beer Fab Cop Fireman Nurse Army Construction Cook Native Pirate Geek Pimp Ninja Emo Jail Jailbreak Salute Helmet Batman Robin Joker Two-Face Camera Book Whip Moon 2 cents Facepalm Dead Horse Drool

Posted: Jan 24, 2009 at 22:27 Quote
Copy and pasted this from Competitive Cyclist. If only...

2009 Twenty6 Rallye Ti Special Edition Chrome Pedal
Item: TSX106 Weight: 369.0g
$419.00

As if the Twenty6 Rallye Ti Pedal wasn't cool enough already, 'Ol Tyler at Twenty 6 has to introduce the super fly edition -- Twenty 6 Rallye Ti Special Edition Chrome Pedal. Yeah baby, chrome. And, it comes with five sets of anodized aluminum traction pins and matching colored axle nuts. Black, red, blue, green, and yellow. Pimp that ride, but do it quick as they made just 26 numbered and signed sets.

The Rallye Ti pedal still uses a titanium nitride-coated spindle, CNC aluminum pedal body, moveable traction pins (now metric), but introduces a new bearing/bushing design. The pedal platform has been refined to create a larger overall platform with an offset for better, and more consistent footing. The Twenty6 Rallye Ti Platform Pedal is custom in how it's made (small shop), how it can look on your bike (lots of colored pins to choose from), and how it grips your shoes (custom pin placement). Every ride deserves a custom look and fit, and Twenty6 gives people no shortage of custom options.

But even a one-off look isn't enough if the pedal can't take the custom one-off abuse that the rider has planned for it, or happens upon. Here, the Twenty 6 Rallye Ti Special Edition Chrome Pedal shines even brighter than their chrome. The 6AL/4V titanium axle is brutally strong. On the inside, it turns on ABEC-3 sealed bearings and that bearing is protected by a 5/8" Oilite bushing to further keep contaminants out. The bearings are housed in a thick 6061-T6 aluminum pedal body that is even more narrow (1/8" thinner) than the previous 6foe design, but still reinforced with ribs at the end of the cages for strength. At the outer end, a self-lubricating 1/2" Oilite bushing keeps things spinning freely, and without maintenance. Despite being built stronger, the Rallye Ti sheds an additional 30g over the 6foe. We think it gained pounds of sex appeal in the process.

The Twenty 6 Rallye Ti Special Edition Chrome Pedal comes with five special edition tins containing 40 anodized traction pins and matching axle nut - black, red, blue, green, and yellow. There are 36 threaded holes per pedal, and no shortage of ways to customize the traction pin positions for maximum grip. The pins are removed with a 2.5mm Allen key (not included), applied to the bottom of the pin. Each color of pin has it's own storage tin. The pedals are completely rebuildable. 369g.

Check out this picture -->

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.twenty6products.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/chromie-on-graff.jpg

Posted: Jan 24, 2009 at 22:51 Quote
syncros mental mags.

Posted: Jan 25, 2009 at 9:35 Quote
Wellgo makes pedals for almost everyone, so they sell their own versions of a lot of pedals, hence all of the variations.

Posted: Jan 25, 2009 at 21:30 Quote
ldeere683 wrote:
i am actually runnin these haro pivit pedals and they are incredible! they are a million times better than my old v8s
same here ive never slipped

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013574
Mobile Version of Website