Powered by Outside

Anyone want to try and disprove evolution?

PB Forum :: Social / Political Issues
Anyone want to try and disprove evolution?
Posted: Oct 10, 2009 at 1:48 Quote
harriieee wrote:
You, sir, are talking stuff you don't even begin to understand. So stop.

and where's your Phd? have you even finished high school?

Google, i'm sure you've heard that, whack M-theory in there, the universe has 11 dimensions. we can freely move in the first 3 (up/down, left/right, back/forward) but we cant move thru time.

Posted: Oct 10, 2009 at 1:58 Quote
Since you ask, yes I have finished school, and never obtained anything other than the best grade possible in public exams. And the difference is I'm not talking about stuff I clearly don't properly understand.

I'd call that a pretty rudimentary understanding of String Theory. One thing I do know about it is that it's not certain, the predictions it makes are only valid for 10+ dimensions, not less.

You have yet to make a cogent argument with your small piece of knowledge. What's your point?

Posted: Oct 10, 2009 at 2:07 Quote
harriieee wrote:
Since you ask, yes I have finished school, and never obtained anything other than the best grade possible in public exams. And the difference is I'm not talking about stuff I clearly don't properly understand.

I'd call that a pretty rudimentary understanding of String Theory. One thing I do know about it is that it's not certain, the predictions it makes are only valid for 10+ dimensions, not less.

You have yet to make a cogent argument with your small piece of knowledge. What's your point?

just your wording, using "pop" when who is to say that what we know and perceive of the universe is not in itself merely a "pop" in the bigger scheme of things

Posted: Oct 10, 2009 at 8:49 Quote
Ok creationists. We popped out of nowhere into the entire universe which also popped out of nowhere already fully developed

Evolutionists. The universe popped out of nowhere, and took millions of years to develop and form. Then earth was created and that took a freakin long time just to build up enough of an atmosphere to support life. THEN a very simple life form was created, bacteria. Then we evolved over millions of years from bacteria to what we are now.

Don't even suggest that it's remotely the same.

Posted: Oct 10, 2009 at 9:29 Quote
ledzeppie wrote:
Ok creationists. We popped out of nowhere into the entire universe which also popped out of nowhere already fully developed

Evolutionists. The universe popped out of nowhere, and took millions of years to develop and form. Then earth was created and that took a freakin long time just to build up enough of an atmosphere to support life. THEN a very simple life form was created, bacteria. Then we evolved over millions of years from bacteria to what we are now.

Do you know what a metaphor is?

Posted: Oct 10, 2009 at 9:32 Quote
signorvince2 wrote:
ledzeppie wrote:

Do you know what a metaphor is?

dont even go there.

Posted: Oct 10, 2009 at 15:38 Quote
ledzeppie wrote:

Evolutionists. The universe popped out of nowhere, and took millions of years to develop and form. Then earth was created and that took a freakin long time just to build up enough of an atmosphere to support life. THEN a life form was created, bacteria. Then we evolved over millions of years from bacteria to what we are now.

I edited this for obvious reasons.

Posted: Oct 10, 2009 at 19:13 Quote
The916infidell wrote:
ledzeppie wrote:

Evolutionists. The universe popped out of nowhere, and took millions of years to develop and form. Then earth was created and that took a freakin long time just to build up enough of an atmosphere to support life. THEN a life form was created, bacteria. Then we evolved over millions of years from bacteria to what we are now.

I edited this for obvious reasons.

You're right, I used the wrong wording. A life form came into existence

Posted: Oct 19, 2009 at 21:56 Quote
harriieee wrote:

"Obnoxious", it would seem so....

Posted: Oct 20, 2009 at 2:06 Quote
If you want to put it that way.

Anything else to contribute?

Posted: Oct 21, 2009 at 21:45 Quote
nah, only kidding. i wouldn't dream of getting into a debate with someone so wise in the ways of the universe, i fear i would suffer a terrible defeat from which i would never recover. not only that but i have far more productive ways to spend my time, like emptying the dishwasher or picking the fluff out of my belly button.
you'll have to find someone else to prove your obviously superior intellect to, sorry.

Posted: Oct 22, 2009 at 1:42 Quote
Wow, you really did take a dislike to me. Fair enough then. Thanks, though.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012732
Mobile Version of Website