P.O.D. Worthy

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
P.O.D. Worthy
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 at 19:59 Quote
j-peters wrote:
wildbrian wrote:
photo

Again, Please explain why this is pod worthy
I don't know about you but I really like the way it looks sort of mysterious.

O+
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 at 20:01 Quote
Glad to hear I am a photo god

Posted: Dec 1, 2009 at 20:02 Quote
Composition is horrible to say the least. Exposure is meh, even for a silhouette shot. There are still slightly visible details in the rider, which throws the eye off. Good silhouettes are pitch black, unless going for a different style. The rider is unfocused and has motion blur. A plus of silhouettes is you can crank the shutter speed for freezing, and still get a good exposure.

Happy?

I'm sooooooo sorry my name isn't anything that starts with a 'J'. And FYI, I do live in California. There are other parts of Cali besides the Aptos/SC area, gasp!

O+
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 at 20:03 Quote
j-peters wrote:
Glad to hear I am a photo god

Oh, geeze. I forgot about you. I meant J-brantley.

By the way, why do you think your photo of a tuck no hander is POD worthy, but nothing else? Use all your big words, I want to hear exactly why it's better than all the pictures you've been calling out.

O+
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 at 20:04 Quote
PBPphotog wrote:
Composition is horrible to say the least. Exposure is meh, even for a silhouette shot. There are still slightly visible details in the rider, which throws the eye off. Good silhouettes are pitch black, unless going for a different style. The rider is unfocused and has motion blur. A plus of silhouettes is you can crank the shutter speed for freezing, and still get a good exposure.

Happy?

No, I'm depressed. But at least now I get where you're coming from.

Posted: Dec 1, 2009 at 20:08 Quote
PBPphotog wrote:
Photos from the first page.
<Photo does not exist: 4278197>
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
<Photo does not exist: 4253045>
photo
<Photo does not exist: 4182778>
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

O+
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 at 20:17 Quote
Ah you want to know what I think about my own work...

I like the high contrast lighting of this image but yet their is tons of detail in the dirt and rider. And the fact that he is so extended and pretty far off the deck. I don't think the timing could be better on this shot. Also its a 20" killing it at post, rare.

And your god's quote on it is "Dude that is so sick! Perfect timing on the photo bro!" so by your standards it must be f*cking gold.

Where does your grudge against me come from? I am a photographer I am hard on images, I am harder on my own work, But I can also defend my work past "dudz, its just epic!"

O+
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 at 20:19 Quote
PBPphotog wrote:
I'm sooooooo sorry my name isn't anything that starts with a 'J'. And FYI, I do live in California. There are other parts of Cali besides the Aptos/SC area, gasp!

LIES!

Change your name to Joe so you can be a photo god with me and JB

Posted: Dec 1, 2009 at 20:21 Quote
j-peters wrote:
PBPphotog wrote:

LIES!

Change your name to Joe so you can be a photo god with me and JB

can I make mine into J-Kern? Im not a photo god though Frown

O+
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 at 20:23 Quote
Yeah, one of the reasons the real j is a god, is because he isn't a dick...

I think that photos cool. It's a pretty neat shot. It doesn't deserve POD. It's a tuck no hander, at the post office jumps. I'd rather see any of the photos in the list a few posts up than that. Yeah, if you break everything down, it's probably a better shot, but i'd still rather see something other than a tuck no hander at the post office jumps.

My "grudge" against you stems from you being the only incredibly harsh critic in here. This thread doesn't matter, none of the comments in here matter. You don't have to be a douche just because you own a Canon and can snap some decent pics.

By the way, this photo should get POD, for absolutely none of the reasons you think anything should get POD.
photo

O+
Posted: Dec 1, 2009 at 20:23 Quote
All it takes is J- something and some time in aptos and you are a photo god.

Posted: Dec 1, 2009 at 20:24 Quote
j-peters wrote:
All it takes is J- something and some time in aptos and you are a photo god.

ha, well im going to be spending alot more time in aptos thats for sure!

Posted: Dec 1, 2009 at 20:26 Quote
Critiquing = good for photographers. Review is good.
This isn't the thread though. We can say 'Yes', or 'No, because ___________', or some discussion about the reason.

Posted: Dec 1, 2009 at 20:33 Quote
photo
photo
photo
<Deleted photo>
photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.040170
Mobile Version of Website