Powered by Outside

Freecoaster Thread *Everything you need to know* Questions Welcome

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Freecoaster Thread *Everything you need to know* Questions Welcome
Posted: Jul 17, 2016 at 22:41 Quote
bluntosaurusrex wrote:
core-macneil-rider wrote:
anyone try a profile z coaster yet kinda curious if they're any good

got to ride my buddies it was really nice... feels very different in ways to the KHE design but the cassette sound is nice to be able to alert you if you are engaged or not.... But is it worth the $600 CAD it will cost you after tax not likely
yeah i doubt its worth what itd cost to get here but i have friends in the states i could have them grab it for me and bring it over the border to avoid tax's and potentially get it a bit cheaper from like dans or something

Posted: Jul 19, 2016 at 19:15 Quote
bluntosaurusrex wrote:
anyone try a profile z coaster yet kinda curious if they're any good

got to ride my buddies it was really nice... feels very different in ways to the KHE design but the cassette sound is nice to be able to alert you if you are engaged or not.... But is it worth the $600 CAD it will cost you after tax not likely
yeah i doubt its worth what itd cost to get here but i have friends in the states i could have them grab it for me and bring it over the border to avoid tax's and potentially get it a bit cheaper from like dans or something

dab
kaya

better option

Posted: Jul 20, 2016 at 11:39 Quote
bluntosaurusrex wrote:
bluntosaurusrex wrote:

dab
kaya

better option
tried my buddies clutch and it has the same problem all odyssey hubs have they roll slow and have alot of drag even their cassettes have this problem and I know free coaster inherently have drag but I've felt smoother coasters

Posted: Jul 20, 2016 at 13:09 Quote
Have had two ody hubsets. Neither rolled slowly. Have worked with a clutch. Did not roll slowly.

What's causing the issue in the hubs you've seen?

Posted: Jul 20, 2016 at 14:41 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Have had two ody hubsets. Neither rolled slowly. Have worked with a clutch. Did not roll slowly.

What's causing the issue in the hubs you've seen?
they roll slow compared to other companies hubs, you prolly remember my macneil well compare an odyssey v3 cassette when they were still made to the we the people q lite hub and the q lite is a much smoother faster rolling hub. ive noticed many odyssey hubs with the press fit collars can slow down once tightened into drop outs maybe its just me but i really dont like the way odyssey hubs roll, the clutch felt reliable like it always engaged where it was supposed to but it just didnt feel smooth to me compared to say a khe or a nankai maybe its just that clutch hub as ive only tried one and only for a couple hours but it wasnt very old only about a week. also if you know alex haxton from when core was still around, he had a vandero 2 hub that literally just stopped rolling and you can ask cr he didnt do anything abusive to that hub dont even think it ever had a grind done on it. in my opinion its most likely poor quality control with the hubs that have the press fit collars cause ive seen two brand new g sport hubs one rolled like shit the other was really smooth other then that i have no idea.

Posted: Jul 21, 2016 at 6:58 Quote
My buddy Thomas has a z coaster for sale for a good price in Pickering. http://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/1878520/

Posted: Jul 21, 2016 at 13:02 Quote
brenteaton wrote:
My buddy Thomas has a z coaster for sale for a good price in Pickering. http://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/1878520/
already seen that add can't afford it right now or I would totally grab it. Messed up my shoulder waiting on surgery and I can't go back to my usually job right now safety concerns and shit :/ hopefully they can do my surgery soon

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013432
Mobile Version of Website