Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
Posted: Apr 30, 2024 at 8:47 Quote
On that note, who am I.

Don't post in here very often but made a fantasy league if anyone's interested (Unless I missed someone else making one)

https://www.pinkbike.com/contest/fantasy/dh/?joinleagueid=21346

Password is Pigs1

Posted: Apr 30, 2024 at 16:53 Quote
Another bucket list item done, rode the Whole Enchillada, shout out to Tony (63) who rode the entire trail on a fatty hardtail, mad respect.
The whole Moab vibe is so f*cking awesome, wish I lived closer.
photo

At the start it was raining and snowing, midway down it cleared up, sunny and dry at the bottom, probably the best day on the bike I ever had

photo

Initially we wanted to go to Colorado and New Mexico next, but the weather turned, so we headed west to Vegas (disgusting hellhole) and LA (way past its prime, the situation is depressing). At least it is sunny.

Cheers piggies

O+
Posted: Apr 30, 2024 at 17:11 Quote
Very nice! That was the first big ride I ever did with my wife a few months after we met. Went back 3 years later and proposed to her at the top of Burro Pass Smile The views from Porcupine Rim are some of the best I have ever experienced.

Did you ride the Snotch?

Posted: Apr 30, 2024 at 17:15 Quote
I barely made it down Snotch walking my man, I can't imagine the level of skill and confidence I would need to attempt riding that, kudos if you've managed it

Posted: May 1, 2024 at 0:37 Quote
I need to figure out how I'm going to make a trip to that part of the world happen.

Congrats on your trip SileTzar.

Posted: May 1, 2024 at 11:25 Quote
SileTzar wrote:
Another bucket list item done, rode the Whole Enchillada, shout out to Tony (63) who rode the entire trail on a fatty hardtail, mad respect.
The whole Moab vibe is so f*cking awesome, wish I lived closer.
photo

At the start it was raining and snowing, midway down it cleared up, sunny and dry at the bottom, probably the best day on the bike I ever had

photo

Initially we wanted to go to Colorado and New Mexico next, but the weather turned, so we headed west to Vegas (disgusting hellhole) and LA (way past its prime, the situation is depressing). At least it is sunny.

Cheers piggies

that looks amazing. Glad you're having a good time.

Posted: May 1, 2024 at 15:40 Quote
Here is my current team. Do you see anybody on here who is not racing Fort William?

flag Ronan Dunne $640,000
flag Amaury Pierron $240,000
flag Nathan Pontvianne $60,000
flag Bodhi Kuhn $40,000
flag Valentina Roa Sanchez $70,000
flag Gracey Hemstreet $450,000

Posted: 15 hours ago Quote
I'm back from my honeymoon, actually been back for some time now but with all the backlog and things to take care of didn't have much time to post my impressions so here goes:

My mind is blown.

First we hit NY and yeah, it's as crazy and wild and huge and awesome and dirty and hectic and beautiful as they say. Stayed near Wall Street in a budget hotel, every morning just walking out and feeling the buzz of the city was incredible. I'm a firm believer in going round on foot, that's probably a mistake in NYC, wife almost divorced me the second day there. The view from Top of the Rock is amazing, riding bikes in Central Park, quickly passing through Times Square, quick walk through Chinatown and Little Italy, pastrami sandwich at Katz (thanks for the tip Fredro!)...
Highlight was standup and Fat Black Pussycat (Comedy Cellar). Laughed for and hour and 15 minutes straight.

Then we took the train to Washington, stayed in NoMa. The exact opposite of NY, the city is manicured basically to perfection, wide streets, huge parks, bicycle friendly, free museums, great food. Visited all the tourist hotspots + Georgetown, 2 days were quite enough.

Flying out to Phoenix, you guys don't realize how lucky you are with your airports and planes etc, the whole experience of flying in the states is exponentially better than in Europe.
We made reservations for a Toyota Rav4 months in advance as it was relatively cheap (classified as a medium-size SUV in the states lol) but got told it was unavailable. Pulled the whole "Karen" attitude and got bumped to a BMW X3.
And after returning to Europe, I have to say, driving around was something I'll really miss. I don't know exactly what it was, but everyone on the road behaved beautifully, no aggression, no speeding, no honking, just a different driving culture - don't know if it's the effect of the law enforcement or the fear of road rage incidents, I never felt more comfortable than in the 10 days driving from Phoenix to Moab to Vegas to LA and back to Phoenix. That's over 2000 miles and not a single bad experience.

Anyway, stayed in Sedona for 2 days, rode bikes - shout out to Thunder Mountain Bikes and especially Hayden(?) who was super helpful. Trails were great, food was great, people were awesome.
Driving through Flagstaff to Grand Canyon, spent an entire day there, words escape me, must see for anyone.
The next morning visiting Antelope Canyon which is equally beautiful and impressive, driving by Horseshoe Bend and Monument Valley to Moab.
Renting a dream bike in Moab (Bronson MX), shuttle to the top of Whole Enchillada and just having the best day on the bike EVER. Bucket list item done. I can die happy.

Initial plan was heading to Colorado-Santa Fe-Phoenix, but the weather turned and it was raining and snowing, so in pursuit of sunshine we headed west to Vegas and LA. As said before, I'm simultaneously glad I visited (I guess it's a must) and absolutely disgusted by both places, Vegas in particular is an afront to good taste. LA is enormous and we probably did not plan our visit in the best way, but the issues you hear about in the news are mostly true. It's sad.

Decided to catch a break in Palm Springs, spent a day with all the retired people, it was relaxing and probably the only breather in the 3 weeks we spent there.
Drove to Phoenix and flew back to NY for 2 more days before catching a plane back home, this time stayed in Brooklyn, just casually wandered around eating pizza and BBQ and drinking all sorts of beers. Manhattan is even nicer when observed from across the river.

Everyone we met was super friendly and nice. Everywhere we went we felt welcome and safe. Not everything we ate was good but some of the things we tried were mind blowing so it evens out (fajitas in Sedona are a godsend).
We'll definitely come back, I still want to see Texas, Colorado and Oregon. Next road trip is already in the planning.

The one thing that really bothered me was this, how do you live like this, everywhere we went the situation was the same

photo

It was a journey of self exploration some would say.

Cheers to all the US piggies

Posted: 14 hours ago Quote
Sounds like an awesome trip, glad you enjoyed!!

Posted: 10 hours ago Quote
fredro wrote:
Sounds like an awesome trip, glad you enjoyed!!

Posted: 10 hours ago Quote
SileTzar wrote:

It was a journey of self exploration some would say.

lol lol lol lol

Posted: 7 hours ago Quote
Sounds great man - I would love to do a similar trip.

Here's one for the pigs.

So I have an old Mercedes C-class. My Grandpa bought it new in 2006. My grandpa sold it to my Dad after a few years and my Dad owned it for a long time. After I finished University I needed a car and he said why don't you have the Merc. For its age it's still a great looking car, still relatively high spec (heated seats, auto gearbox etc) and crucially because it's Petrol and 2006 or newer it meets the criteria for all the low emissions zones that are popping up in the UK now - which means I can drive it in London and Bristol etc inside the clean air zones. It's been awesome because it cost me very little, it's been super reliable and it's a good looking car even now.

Last weekend, I shit you not, for absolutely no reason at all the car burst into flames whilst I left it parked.

I got a call on my mobile phone (I was just chilling with my girlfriend) from the fire service asking if I owned a silver mercedes.

It looks like the battery caught fire first and it spread. The fire service managed to get to scene and put the fire out before the fuel tank went up and some of my possessions that were in the cabin or in the boot (trunk) were okay - but the front end of the car totally wrecked. Obviously way more damage done than the car is worth.

Pretty f*cking crazy!

No warning signs before hand, no issues prior. Totally out of the blue.

New fear unlocked for everybody!

I will share pics at some point if people want to see. In the process of going through insurance atm

Posted: 5 hours ago Quote
Oh heck!! That’s f*cked up!! Never seen a battery burst into flames.

Post pics! Hopefully insurance treat you well

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.057588
Mobile Version of Website