Things bike shop costumers hate/love !!

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Things bike shop costumers hate/love !!
Posted: Apr 3, 2008 at 6:58 Quote
true. i have not been in there a ton, and havent ever gone there for service on my bike or anything, but they always seem to be friendly.. which is kind of nice. In Grande Prairie they have a totally different attitude, which is why i go there even less

O+
Posted: Apr 13, 2008 at 19:59 Quote
So there's a shop in Comox, BC. I don't live there, but I have family that does and everytime we go there we always spend way more than enough time in this shop. The funny thing is, I don't think I've ever bought anything there, but they remembered me 3 years later when I went there again. That shows something. They even let my Dad borrow the owners Stumpy when he was there for business. At that point the owner hadn't even met him. That's a cool shop.

Posted: Apr 13, 2008 at 21:08 Quote
the 2 bike shops I go into are very different. one you go into and they service your bike properly for fairly cheap, they tell you about parts that might need attenttion and they really know their stuff. But they dont have very good customer skills and hard to get along with. The other bike shop they dont know much about bikes and parts and that but are really easy to get along with and as helpful as they can be.

Posted: Apr 13, 2008 at 21:39 Quote
stinkyrider17 wrote:
the 2 bike shops I go into are very different. one you go into and they service your bike properly for fairly cheap, they tell you about parts that might need attenttion and they really know their stuff. But they dont have very good customer skills and hard to get along with. The other bike shop they dont know much about bikes and parts and that but are really easy to get along with and as helpful as they can be.

i have the same problem

but i alwayes goes to the good guys shop

Posted: Apr 13, 2008 at 21:41 Quote
stinkyrider17 wrote:

Funny its the same for me. I try to avoid bike shops though, they steal your money fro doing something you could probly do yourself.

Posted: Apr 14, 2008 at 10:16 Quote
I had trouble with bike shops as a teenager and this is how I got respected in my LSBs. I did 2 summers of volenteer work , as a mechanic, for a bike shop with the meanest bad ass manager in town, sorta run down shop and smelly place. Every other LSB hates this guy cause he talks Sh*t about them. But the manager really knows his stuff. So the third summer I worked for the biggest bike shop in my area(high profile place and i'm not the best mechanic. I'm like an 8 on 10). And ever scince my name got out and the shops know I've worked at th high profile place, I don't get scammed . So to make things clearer just show the LSBs you know what your talking about and they might not be so bad.

Posted: Apr 14, 2008 at 14:01 Quote
kingfisher1 wrote:
mustardman525 wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:

He means this thread is full of whiny brats with unjustified entitlement and no respect.
clam down man

ya guys from now not only bad reviews !

bring some good and ya if its a good review store name will help

I ordered an NS Bitch through my LBS and they were very helpfull with it. But NS took ages to deliver it so my LBS Gave me the frame for 200 instead of 220 and gave me a free headset and put it together for free. They didn't do the best job but still it was great service.

Posted: Apr 14, 2008 at 14:02 Quote
SavageMountainAnimal wrote:
stinkyrider17 wrote:

Funny its the same for me. I try to avoid bike shops though, they steal your money fro doing something you could probly do yourself.

Same, there one bike shop I go to where they know shit loads about bikes but there service is slow and u hvae to wait around for ages and the other one has great service but they don't know much about bikes.

Posted: Jun 5, 2008 at 19:35 Quote
the shop i go 2 have some dum ol fart hanging around, this is so sh**t cuz he knows crap all about mtb bikes and gets a adrenalin rush from hucking off the sidewalk Madder i never can get the advice i need, good thing i got PINKBIKE tup

O+
Posted: Jun 5, 2008 at 19:36 Quote
Good job waking up a dead thread...

Posted: Jun 5, 2008 at 20:09 Quote
Im from Toronto, and there are many good and bad shops, the one near me sux. They have NO parts EVER and they charge sooo much for stuff, to get a couple spokes tuned took them 2 days to get done, even though they have no other bike to do.

The other store that I go to (my fav) is AMAZING. I walk in and they are friendly and not encouraging a buy, they give me good advice too. I now get to go in the EMPLOYEE only area (ya, i feel special LOL) and sometimes I don't have to pay for labour, which is good. Plus they give great advice on my bike and they also give compliments.

Posted: Jun 5, 2008 at 21:00 Quote
i hate it when your friends get ripped and there is nothing you can do about it. he has a gt avalanche and put the derailluer (altus or something cheap like that) through the spokes. totally thrashed the derailluer and hanger, but the wheel was fine. so i was like dude let me do it. i can get the parts, better ones, and fix it for like 30 bucks. so he never gives me an answer and ends up taking it in six months later after his hand -me-down bike from our other friend gets jacked, for like 159 bucks with the same crappy derailluer. there is no way to me it should have costed that much

Posted: Jun 5, 2008 at 21:14 Quote
i love the store i go to, great prices all the guys know me, so i can just chill and they just let everyone chill there without ever buying anything, but i bought my bike there so theyre even nicer

Posted: Jun 6, 2008 at 0:15 Quote
in my favorite BS they know me well even though I bought a 500$ bike there, and they sell every thing to me at a 25% discount at least, on the sunday that past I bought magura louis BAT brake system which normally cost there 625$ I got for 468$ plus labor, they are great to talk to and have great service for everyone, except this one time when some woman wanted a bike for her kid (a 25$ bike) she wanted a discount so the owner got realy mad and told her "if you want a better price then this (he went down to 20$) go look for it because you will not find it here" and he kicked her out and told her not to come back again and that he doesn't want to sell her anything, sorry for the speechWink

Posted: Jun 6, 2008 at 5:42 Quote
I work for a certain large chain bike shop that also sells car bits Rolleyes
...I pray for death every day i go to work...but i have to for the booze money Madder

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016246
Mobile Version of Website