EVIL Undead

PB Forum :: Downhill
EVIL Undead
Posted: Feb 12, 2014 at 2:19 Quote
Twodogsfarking wrote:
So this new swingarm, I'm hearing varying reports of what it is in regards to those of us with the current version with the alloy insert.. who is actually receiving the new rear end as a warranty replacement? everyone? Or those who have made a warranty claim due to the crack in the paint?

If you don't have the paint cracks then you can't expect a warranty replacement can you?

Posted: Feb 12, 2014 at 2:32 Quote
mattygee020671 wrote:
Twodogsfarking wrote:
So this new swingarm, I'm hearing varying reports of what it is in regards to those of us with the current version with the alloy insert.. who is actually receiving the new rear end as a warranty replacement? everyone? Or those who have made a warranty claim due to the crack in the paint?

If you don't have the paint cracks then you can't expect a warranty replacement can you?

waht is the email address for Kevin at Evil?

Posted: Feb 12, 2014 at 3:03 Quote
thedad71 wrote:
mattygee020671 wrote:
Twodogsfarking wrote:

waht is the email address for Kevin at Evil?
No I can't, and I don't. Just asking as I've heard differing reports on what is going on.. Even if you had paint cracks, Kevin has assured various sources that it's only superficial and doesn't affect the integrity of the frame in any way, so why would that even be a warranty claim?

Posted: Feb 12, 2014 at 3:20 Quote
Simple, you don't expect a £2800 new frame to crack anywhere. And if you ever wanted to sell on no buyer is going to buy with the cracks.
I know mines safe but I'd prefer to have one that isn't and won't crack

Posted: Feb 12, 2014 at 3:29 Quote
Yep, fair enough. Mine shows no signs yet of cracking, but it seems a very common issue so probably a matter of when, not if..

O+
Posted: Feb 12, 2014 at 6:48 Quote
I don't feel like going back and copying the quote, but yea I totally am buying into a small company. I feel like small and medium companies are the best. I don't want to deal with a large company, and while they may have more resources to fix problems, they also have the customer base to say screw you we don't need your business and unfortunately that happens a lot. And yea I'm super excited, as soon as he confirmed stock I was like I gotta jump I this lol.

As for the swingarms, like stayed above. If it develops a crack, you can get a warranty replacement. And even though it is only cosmetic, it's just not how a 3350$ frame should be. Plus, like stated above, it worries potential buyers who may not be aware of the current situation.

Sooooo I'm pumped. Now I just need to get my ducks in a row and buy the rest of the parts to finish it!!

Posted: Feb 13, 2014 at 11:24 Quote
Kaitrey wrote:
photo

Just built.
Nice build, similar to mine, not sure why more people don't have Havoc wheels, really light and strong.

Posted: Feb 13, 2014 at 11:37 Quote
Thanks. Just have a few more things to change once the setup is complete. Save a few more grams here and there.

Posted: Feb 16, 2014 at 3:00 Quote
Pretty much complete.
photo

Sixc goodness
  Sixc goodness

Sixc MRP G3 carbon bash and Ti spring
  Sixc, MRP G3 carbon bash and Ti spring

Easton havoc 35 carbon dorado pro
  Easton havoc 35 carbon, dorado pro

Posted: Feb 16, 2014 at 3:02 Quote
Not a fan of the 35mm bars, but other then that, pimp

Posted: Feb 16, 2014 at 7:11 Quote
Shiny-side-up wrote:
Looks ace thedad71 Salute
Thanks shiny, a labour of love and money!!!

O+
Posted: Feb 16, 2014 at 8:34 Quote
Mannn my undead is gunna be just like everyone else's Frown

Posted: Feb 16, 2014 at 9:01 Quote
Shiny-side-up wrote:
Looks ace thedad71 Salute
i second that!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017406
Mobile Version of Website