Powered by Outside

Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions
O+
Posted: Jan 28, 2015 at 11:31 Quote
I searched, and didn't see it mentioned. I am one of those people that used to use skidmap. The biggest thing I'm missing is a mobile version that works. Tried trailforks on my phone....just not usable. Key to that too is being able to download the map data to use w/out cell service.

Anyway, if you're planning a mobile version (or app) i think that would be key.

thanks

Posted: Jan 28, 2015 at 12:43 Quote
slcpunk wrote:
[...]
Key to that too is being able to download the map data to use w/out cell service.
[...]

Well, if the area and trail is set up to allow it, you can download the GPS-track. And with Viewranger it works a charm, even offline. http://www.viewranger.com/en-gb

Mod O+
Posted: Jan 28, 2015 at 20:54 Quote
a mobile app is in the works, with offline support. Todd from skidmap is actually helping wotk on it.

But there is also the mobile version of Trailforks, relace www with m
http://m.trailforks.com

Search for a riding area near you and load it before leaving data coverage, it will stay cached, even the trail names and legend.

O+
Posted: Jan 30, 2015 at 7:35 Quote
Have you considered making it so that the first time you ride a new trail, your ride log doesn't automatically list your fastest personal time as an achievement? To me, that is the Strava approach... Give riders medals for every possible reason to dilute their meaning. An achievement should actually mean something. I'd like to see achievements for only top 10 overall, fastest personal time if the rider has ridden the trail before, and possibly second fastest time. Definitely don't do the annual leaderboard like Strava. That leads to way to many undeserved KOMs in January.

Mod O+
Posted: Jan 30, 2015 at 11:18 Quote
hugebiff wrote:
Have you considered making it so that the first time you ride a new trail, your ride log doesn't automatically list your fastest personal time as an achievement? To me, that is the Strava approach... Give riders medals for every possible reason to dilute their meaning. An achievement should actually mean something. I'd like to see achievements for only top 10 overall, fastest personal time if the rider has ridden the trail before, and possibly second fastest time. Definitely don't do the annual leaderboard like Strava. That leads to way to many undeserved KOMs in January.

good point, I will do that

Posted: Mar 13, 2015 at 7:34 Quote
A helpful addition to Route building would be to highlight the trails on the map as you mouse over them in the list, similar to the highlighting done from the trail list at the normal Region level Overview. This would make editing a Route easier if a trail was added mistakenly.

In conjunction w/ this, showing the updated yellow Route after edits, or an option to regenerate maybe, or a disconnected warning.

Also,
Under main Route Tab, Nearby Cities and Regions is showing 0 Routes for all cities listed there. Could be a bug. Do we get Points for finding Bugs? Ha! Do we lose points for making Bugs?

Finally,
A suggestion to add Route type, Shuttle or XC (or something). Many riders just do Shuttles. So they could filter or search etc. when traveling.

Mod O+
Posted: Mar 14, 2015 at 14:24 Quote
1. I added trail mouseover highlights on the create route form

2. With the routing option its not a big deal, but when using the "selecting" method, it would be nice to see what the yellow track its generating is, as sometimes you connect trails not near each other and it will draw a straight line between the points. I will see if I can do that.

photo

Now what I need to do is add the ability to "flip" a segments direction. When you select a segment that IS attached to the previous one, it knows to flip it in the correct direction so the points match. But when joining 2 segments not touching it doesn't know this, so it defaults to the direction of the gps track, which sometimes is incorrect for the route you're trying to create.

here is an example:
photo

3. This is just because there aren't that many routes added yet

4. adding a "route type" option.

O+
Posted: Mar 19, 2015 at 10:26 Quote
This is perhaps a little off topic of we development... Is there any plans to add city recreational areas and parks ot the map? The Stanley Park Sea Wall would be a good example of what I'm talking about. There are other resources out there for family oriented recreational rides on the web, but none with the capability of trailforks.

Mod O+
Posted: Mar 19, 2015 at 12:18 Quote
I've seen others add paved bike paths like the seawall to the site in other areas. It would work ok as a 'white" level trail. There is a "paved" option for trail type.

O+
Posted: Mar 20, 2015 at 15:10 Quote
Love the Karma system... thank you so much for implementing this! Is Pinkbike/Trailforks covering the Paypal transaction fee? The way that the site is phrased: "100% of your donation will go directly to the trail association" makes it sound like you're covering the PayPal fee. That would be awesome, but I don't think this is the case?

The reason I ask is that my company makes large annual donations to the KCTS, and I'd love to make them via Trailforks, but only if 100% is actually reaching them...

Cheers!

Mod O+
Posted: Mar 20, 2015 at 17:11 Quote
barry-mclane wrote:
Love the Karma system... thank you so much for implementing this! Is Pinkbike/Trailforks covering the Paypal transaction fee? The way that the site is phrased: "100% of your donation will go directly to the trail association" makes it sound like you're covering the PayPal fee. That would be awesome, but I don't think this is the case?

The reason I ask is that my company makes large annual donations to the KCTS, and I'd love to make them via Trailforks, but only if 100% is actually reaching them...

Cheers!

you bring up 2 good points. Yes there is PayPal transaction fees, so I've added that to the wording there.

So for large donations the fees will add up. We could get lower fees if we handled the transactions ourselves using Stripe, but then we would be acting as a middleman and have to distribute the money, which would most likely require a 2nd fee.

So what I might add is an option for regional admins to manually enter in large donations that were done offline via cheque or wire-transfer. Giving that person the credit and props on Trailforks/Pinkbike.

O+
Posted: Mar 21, 2015 at 3:32 Quote
canadaka wrote:
you bring up 2 good points. Yes there is PayPal transaction fees, so I've added that to the wording there.

So for large donations the fees will add up. We could get lower fees if we handled the transactions ourselves using Stripe, but then we would be acting as a middleman and have to distribute the money, which would most likely require a 2nd fee.

So what I might add is an option for regional admins to manually enter in large donations that were done offline via cheque or wire-transfer. Giving that person the credit and props on Trailforks/Pinkbike.

Really like the idea of manually adding large donations. I'm sure others would like this as well... I noticed the North Shore Bike Shop recently donated $3000 to the NSMBA. If they made the donation via credit card that's over $100 in fees. Also noticed that they received a relatively very low amount of Karma points for the amount donated (less points than if they had donated $60 across 4 transactions). Not sure how this could be looked at, but it might be simpler if the dollars/Karma ratio was just 1:1.

In my case, a manually added donation might seem shady as I'm also the regional admin and I'd be adding my own contribution. I doubt this would happen in most cases, but to be safe perhaps manually added donations could require a charitable donation receipt?

Mod O+
Posted: Mar 21, 2015 at 12:48 Quote
yup that large donation prob had $87 in PayPal fees.

Problem is a lot if not most trail associations are not registered charities. I can't see it being abused by regional admins really. It's not like you'd be using this for your clubs accounting. I can defiantly flag manual entrees for admins so they standout and one could followup on them if they wish.

O+
Posted: Mar 21, 2015 at 14:31 Quote
Oh yeah good point. I guess it doesn't really matter anyway. Let me know if you set it up and I'll enter one. It would be nice to be able to backdate it. If it's at all helpful for your testing, I made a donation of $800 on December 17th 2014, to the KCTS.

Cheers

Posted: Mar 24, 2015 at 17:11 Quote
Feature Request:

A Tab associated w/ Riding Areas that shows upcoming Events and Races and Trail Days for that Area.

This would require a way to submit Events and their subsequent flyers and photos and descriptions etc.

I did not see a way to do this via TrailForks or PinkBike.

So then, these events would be visible a few steps up the Region hierarchy too.

PS: Thanks for all the Route improvements!! It keeps getting better and better!!
I did a little point editing to include a commonly ridden paved section for Fisher Williams Loop/Route. Is this the idea behind the Ride Guides map layer? To snap to strava tracks?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015366
Mobile Version of Website