Powered by Outside

Thread of political debate and discussion

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Thread of political debate and discussion
Posted: Jul 20, 2016 at 5:20 Quote
harriieee wrote:
Every argument made against publicly-funded healthcare could also be made against publicly-funded education.

Also, if you are worried about government tyranny, by far the most threatening thing for the government to have control of is a multibillion-dollar military with more than a million members. Good luck fighting that with your AR-15s if it forces tyranny upon ye. So how would y'all feel about going back to 1791 and getting rid of the American armed forces?

The AR-15 gives us a far better shot at it than bolt action rifles. The AR is a good middle ground when it comes to arms control so people don't have the right to own missiles and such, but the AR-15, IMHO, is a good middle ground, not to mention people only want to ban the AR-15 because it looks scary. Many other rifles have the same capability, but less 'scary' features thus not banned under most gun control legislation to get rid of so called assault rifles.

Just a tangent on the gun control thing. The state I live in, Connecticut, pretty recently adopted expanded gun control legislation. Since then the ride of illegal gun trading and access has risen a lot. Also, poor people are now buying guns illegally just to defend themselves in crime ridden neighborhoods because the state made it too expensive and too long of a process to get a license.

Posted: Jul 20, 2016 at 6:41 Quote
I love how everyone assumes the AR15 is the most lethal weapon out there. That tiny 5.56 NATO round is designed to disable you, not kill you. It's smaller than a .22. It's like all those idiot Chicago thugs who buy 9mm FMJs and then wonder why they can blast a guy and he's still alive. One shot of a .308 hollowpoint from a bolt action would do more damage than an AR15 ever could unless you modify the thing to take a different round. It's just black and scary looking and the media eats that shit up.

Also please educate me on the healthcare situation in the US. Is private health insurance easily accessible and affordable? If so, I see no issue with the lack of public healthcare. I agree with having the government being less involved, but I also recognize that, like any country, your government has its flaws.

And please, inverted, stop saying Merica. You sound retarded.

Posted: Jul 20, 2016 at 6:47 Quote
trozei wrote:
I love how everyone assumes the AR15 is the most lethal weapon out there. That tiny 5.56 NATO round is designed to disable you, not kill you. It's smaller than a .22. It's like all those idiot Chicago thugs who buy 9mm FMJs and then wonder why they can blast a guy and he's still alive. One shot of a .308 hollowpoint from a bolt action would do more damage than an AR15 ever could unless you modify the thing to take a different round. It's just black and scary looking and the media eats that shit up.

Also please educate me on the healthcare situation in the US. Is private health insurance easily accessible and affordable? If so, I see no issue with the lack of public healthcare. I agree with having the government being less involved, but I also recognize that, like any country, your government has its flaws.

Exactly, AR-15s are pretty light duty guns. I think someone else could describe our system better than me, but one problem we have is that state borders limit health care providers from competing on a national scale and thus competing to provide the best service for the best price. This should change if Trump is elected because it's part of his healthcare plan and he isn't backed by the healthcare companies.

Posted: Jul 20, 2016 at 6:54 Quote
I respect your country's lack of dependence on the government to do everything for them. I would love to move there, but I need either a specialty career or a fiance.

Posted: Jul 20, 2016 at 6:55 Quote
trozei wrote:
I respect your country's lack of dependence on the government to do everything for them. I would love to move there, but I need either a specialty career or a fiance.

Mind if I ask what business you're in?

Posted: Jul 20, 2016 at 6:59 Quote
ctmtb98 wrote:
trozei wrote:
I'm a bodyman working in custom and restoration projects on mostly classic american cars.

Posted: Jul 20, 2016 at 7:12 Quote
trozei wrote:
ctmtb98 wrote:
trozei wrote:
I'm a bodyman working in custom and restoration projects on mostly classic american cars.

I bet there are places for that in the good US states, but yeah I can see how that can be tough to move though. Maybe get in tough with the American Restoration crew lol

Posted: Jul 20, 2016 at 8:13 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Sam Walton inherited nothing... he was a poor farmer. Quit trying to revise history to accommodate your ignorance.
Sam Walton is dead. Why are you diverting/talking about him?

Im talking about his golden spoon offspring who own more wealth than 100 million americans. More wealth then the Country of Canada.

See when you have a people with insane amounts of wealth and a political system that is influenced by money, you have the building blocks of a plutocracy. Not good.

Posted: Jul 20, 2016 at 8:16 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
inverted180 wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:

Healtcare isn't very costly here either, provided that you're gainfully employed somewhere other than a minimum wage job. In fact, healthcare cost has RISEN with obamacare. The fact remains though, the absolute best healthcare in the world is in the US. People of means from every country on the globe travel here for treatment. While you f*ckers are waiting in line for months to get an MRI, I've had an MRI, surgery, follow up MRI, physio and I'm back up and running.

Just to go back to how you think Healthcare isnt very costly. Well if you think that you probably have an employer that pays the premiums for you. Where do you think that money comes from? Ya your pay.....they could afford to pay you more since if you had a system as efficient as ours they would only have to tax business at half what the premiums are costing them to pay for universal healthcare. Duh....people hate tax though, you never get anything for it. (I mean besides, Military, fire, police, schools, libraries, streets, public works etc etc.
Everything you just said is retarded.

When you have no argument/ rebuttal, you revert to plain name calling.

Posted: Jul 20, 2016 at 8:25 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
inverted180 wrote:
therealtylerdurden wrote:

The top 5 richest individuals you mentioned, it seems that you're hinting towards spreading their wealth to the poor.. Those elite rich didn't steal from the poor to make themselves rich, so why would taking from them be any different? Just because they are rich doesn't mean that they are evil, or privelaged. They just made the absolute best of their abilities. They worked damn hard to get to where they are. How is that a problem?

The fact is, all men are NOT created equal. Some have exceptional intelligence, some have prodigious sports abilities, some are endowed with incredible musical talent. Why penalize them for leveraging their strengths?

Ah yes the Waltons may not be evil but they are privelaged (lets not forget they inherited their wealth). And no they do not steal but they do likely pay less taxes as a percentage then you.
The top 1% pays 90% of taxes in this country.

That is how much inequality exists right now. Even though the top 1% pay less taxes as a percentage than you do they still pay 90%. Perhaps the answer is not having King like overlords. The top 1% is ludicrous but the top .1% is unimaginable.

photo

Posted: Jul 20, 2016 at 8:29 Quote
therealtylerdurden wrote:
So those who utilize their intelligence and commit themselves to busting ass for long hours to build their companies shouldn't be rewarded for their dedication and effort? How is their prosperity taking from the poor? IT'S NOT. Their companies create more jobs and more opportunities, resulting in less who are poor.

Who is saying that someone shouldn't be rewarded/paid well for their hard work/skill/dedication?

If we are talking about the publicly funded Healthcare, trust me doctors/nurses in Canada make some pretty good salaries.

Posted: Jul 20, 2016 at 8:33 Quote
trozei wrote:

I will educate you. If you have a good employer, you may have a good plan. But millions have no coverage at all. In fact the leading cause of bankruptcy in the united states is from getting sick/healthcare costs. Sounds great doesnt it.

Posted: Jul 20, 2016 at 9:36 Quote
inverted180 wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Sam Walton inherited nothing... he was a poor farmer. Quit trying to revise history to accommodate your ignorance.
Sam Walton is dead. Why are you diverting/talking about him?

Im talking about his golden spoon offspring who own more wealth than 100 million americans. More wealth then the Country of Canada.

See when you have a people with insane amounts of wealth and a political system that is influenced by money, you have the building blocks of a plutocracy. Not good.
You keep citing the Waltons as some example of all that's wrong with capitalism when, in fact, they're everything that's right with capitalism. In less than 100 years, a poor family of farmers became some of the richest people on the gave of the earth. Sam Walton is a success story, not a cautionary tale.

And you're even more retarded than I already thought of you think any political system isn't influenced by money. Your government is every bit as influenced by money, you just don't have as much of it because... well, because it's Canada.

Posted: Jul 20, 2016 at 9:39 Quote
inverted180 wrote:
trozei wrote:

I will educate you. If you have a good employer, you may have a good plan. But millions have no coverage at all. In fact the leading cause of bankruptcy in the united states is from getting sick/healthcare costs. Sounds great doesnt it.
This is inaccurate on all fronts. You're literally just a liberal wind up doll. Nothing you say is correct or based in reality, it's just all liberal propaganda you've heard and are now regurgitating.

Healthcare is affordable... less so thanks to Obama, but still affordable. For those that can't afford it, good coverage is provided.. with many more loopholes and bullshit to contend with now thanks to Obama but nonetheless.

Posted: Jul 20, 2016 at 9:44 Quote
inverted180 wrote:
That is how much inequality exists right now. Even though the top 1% pay less taxes as a percentage than you do they still pay 90%. Perhaps the answer is not having King like overlords. The top 1% is ludicrous but the top .1% is unimaginable.

photo
Once again, you show your stupidity. No, the answer is having less broke f*ckers living off the government not penalizing the successful. Money makes money. A million dollar investment returns more than a thousand dollar one... of course the rich get richer, they didn't get rich in the first place by blowing their money on stupid shit. Their success isn't a problem, their success is what makes this country great. More NEW millionaires are created in the US than most other nations combined.

Your problem is you know
America is the vastly more successful big brother next door and you're jealous... so you look at all our successes and want to see them diminished. You want equal mediocrity and equally shitty healthcare in the US because you've spent your life on the other side of the fence wishing you could play ball in our much greener yard. Get over it, we're not rolling over.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.094309
Mobile Version of Website