Powered by Outside

Post your Transition Double's

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Post your Transition Double's
Posted: Aug 5, 2011 at 9:22 Quote
photo

Here is my custon double i have finished building about a month ago Smile beast!!

Posted: Aug 6, 2011 at 0:20 Quote
The chrome accents look awesome! Nicely done!

Posted: Aug 7, 2011 at 10:45 Quote
curtisracer wrote:
photo

Here is my custon double i have finished building about a month ago Smile beast!!

Looks pretty awesome. Should upgrade the saddle and the fork though. Wink

Posted: Aug 7, 2011 at 23:35 Quote
Quick question for someone who has a Double... from the looks of the headtube and non-integrated headset, the steerer tube has to be long on the fork? How long does a steerer have to be to safely mount to this frame? I ask because I'm getting a new fork tomorrow and I don't want to cut it too short as I might build one of the frames eventually. Thanks

edit: The Pike I'm getting has 8 1/4" right now, but to fit my current (Parker) frame the way it should, I'd have to cut it to 7 1/4" or so which seems pretty short (Parker has an integrated headset..)

Posted: Aug 7, 2011 at 23:42 Quote
Boyk1182 wrote:
Quick question for someone who has a Double... from the looks of the headtube and non-integrated headset, the steerer tube has to be long on the fork? How long does a steerer have to be to safely mount to this frame? I ask because I'm getting a new fork tomorrow and I don't want to cut it too short as I might build one of the frames eventually. Thanks

edit: The Pike I'm getting has 8 1/4" right now, but to fit my current (Parker) frame the way it should, I'd have to cut it to 7 1/4" or so which seems pretty short (Parker has an integrated headset..)

My steerer was 7&1/8" with a larger spacer. It was a 2009 frame, Pig Pro headset.

Not that long really-
photo

Posted: Aug 7, 2011 at 23:44 Quote
Hmm, looks like it would need to be longer.. Thanks for the quick response, guess I'll be chopping

Posted: Aug 8, 2011 at 10:46 Quote
you could always buy a really shallow stem and use 1 or no spacers.

Posted: Aug 8, 2011 at 11:00 Quote
tom666 wrote:
you could always buy a really shallow stem and use 1 or no spacers.

Yea that's probably how I'd run it anyways, just wanna make sure I don't cut too much off to even do that..

Posted: Aug 24, 2011 at 14:27 Quote
tom666 wrote:
curtisracer wrote:
photo

Looks pretty awesome. Should upgrade the saddle and the fork though. Wink

yeah i want to upgrade the seat whats wrong with the fork they are marrz 4x world cups

Posted: Aug 27, 2011 at 17:58 Quote
lookin for some help here
can you run single speed on a 2011 double?

Posted: Aug 27, 2011 at 18:36 Quote
Devinallan000x wrote:
lookin for some help here
can you run single speed on a 2011 double?

Yes you can run it single speed

O+
Posted: Sep 6, 2011 at 11:32 Quote
I'm going to buy a double here soon, I'm unsure about what size to get though, I'm around 5'11 and I don't know if I should go with a regular or a large.

Thanks!

O+
Posted: Sep 6, 2011 at 12:08 Quote
Ohiorider6 wrote:
I'm going to buy a double here soon, I'm unsure about what size to get though, I'm around 5'11 and I don't know if I should go with a regular or a large.

Thanks!

Go with a large,im close to the same height,and have a medium...feels a little bit too cramped.

Posted: Sep 6, 2011 at 13:20 Quote
Doule wrote:
Ohiorider6 wrote:

Thanks!

Go with a large,im close to the same height,and have a medium...feels a little bit too cramped.

I'd say regular, I'm 6 foot and have been running the medium since feb, I reckon if it was any longer it would just feel like a DH bike and you wouldn't be as lively IMO, and tbh that completly defeats the purpose for what I use it for. My regular still feels a hell of a lot longer than my mates long sx.

P.S. I ride xc, 4x, mini dh, dj's, enduro, and real flowy fr/dh trails on it.

O+
Posted: Sep 6, 2011 at 14:20 Quote
How do you like it on the dh trails?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014419
Mobile Version of Website