Powered by Outside

DH bike under 5000

PB Forum :: Downhill
DH bike under 5000
O+
Posted: Jan 29, 2009 at 20:05 Quote
i would say that the driver 8 would be a excellent bike for anyone who rides FR but is looking to get into DH, if its anything like a v10 it will feel amazing

lcstay10 wrote:
whitedeitypurpleskinnies wrote:
lcstay10 wrote:

faith? more like glory. but i still say driver 8. the faith is a TANK great fr bike, but not the best for racing O-cup

Nope wrong, Glory is heavier.

no way. my friend had a faith 3, and it was HUGE. so heavy but fun bike. there is no way the glory is heavyer, maby the fr versions but not the dh

Your drunk buddy. I have owned both I would know.

doesn't the faith not have maestro, i may be wrong, but i know someone with a faith and it sure doesn't look like maestro
lcstay10 wrote:

Nope wrong. Get a Giant Faith, the mastroei is amazing.

faith? more like glory. but i still say driver 8. the faith is a TANK great fr bike, but not the best for racing O-cup

O+
Posted: Jan 29, 2009 at 20:06 Quote
lcstay10 wrote:

no way. my friend had a faith 3, and it was HUGE. so heavy but fun bike. there is no way the glory is heavyer, maby the fr versions but not the dh

id like to see weights. but all i know is that the faith was heavy as hell

Posted: Jan 29, 2009 at 20:16 Quote
lcstay10 wrote:
lcstay10 wrote:

id like to see weights. but all i know is that the faith was heavy as hell

Yeah but the faith geometry makes it jump lighter, so wat?Smile

Posted: Jan 29, 2009 at 21:34 Quote
lcstay10 wrote:
get the driver 8. f*cking dope bike. cant wait to ride it. im planning on one as well.
beast as f*ck man ,5200 for the thing with totem air and x.o or x.9 build kit(can remember) = beast

Posted: Jan 29, 2009 at 21:35 Quote
SAVAGE-RIDER wrote:
lcstay10 wrote:
get the driver 8. f*cking dope bike. cant wait to ride it. im planning on one as well.

it's only a v10 with 8" travel. interupted seat tube, big and bulky. only thing is's probably good for is freeride or DH. why would they make another freeride bike? they already have the bullit and vp-free, both bikes are amazing. V10 rips DH. I personally believe it's just another bike that people wants because it's new. Gotta have the new stuff.
Nothing exactly special with that bike goin on. looks good i must admit, i wouldent put any money on it though.
well thats the whole point there no point to 10inch travel bike for Dh or freeride..it's just over kill even for WC tracks

Posted: Jan 29, 2009 at 22:07 Quote
"only thing is's probably good for is freeride or DH"

well that is what they designed it for...

"they already have the bullit and vp-free"

...no they don't. they dropped the vp-free to make room for the driver 8

"Nothing exactly special with that bike goin on"

well, it's a v-10 with 8" of travel. (duh) lots of people don't want the full on v-10 so this is perfect for them. many peolpe want this bike so it's definatly special.

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 5:55 Quote
DarkElement101 wrote:
lcstay10 wrote:
beast as f*ck man ,5200 for the thing with totem air and x.o or x.9 build kit(can remember) = beast

pretty sure its the X.9 kit for $5200. X.O is pretty pointless anyway. Also, the Santa Cruz website says that there not going to be available until June to start buying? how are you going to have one in time for the first 3 O-cups?

Mod
Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 8:43 Quote
Aren't O-Cup races at relatively pedally courses? For riding mainly in Ontario and racing in Ontario, I'd just use something like a Reign X0 frame and build a capable 32 pound race bike. I don't see the need to have a huge plow bike in Ontario from the stuff I've seen. If you plan on riding in Quebec races at St. Anne, I could see the need but if you are primarily riding in Ontario, why not just get a smaller bike that will pedal better, be more nimble, and is lighter?

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 8:50 Quote
The courses are a mix. For most a 6-7in bike is enough, but for those races in eastern Ontario more travel is a must. Couple friends alternated between Nomad, Hectic and Remedy with a DHR, Glory and Session 10.

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 9:25 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
Aren't O-Cup races at relatively pedally courses? For riding mainly in Ontario and racing in Ontario, I'd just use something like a Reign X0 frame and build a capable 32 pound race bike. I don't see the need to have a huge plow bike in Ontario from the stuff I've seen. If you plan on riding in Quebec races at St. Anne, I could see the need but if you are primarily riding in Ontario, why not just get a smaller bike that will pedal better, be more nimble, and is lighter?

i agree with laurie to some extent (6-7 inch bike would be the way to go) however the reign would not be the bike for you. it definitely is not burly enough for an o-cup bike. you'd destroy half the parts on the reign XO after half a season.

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 9:29 Quote
Demo or Flatline if you're more into FR than DH?

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 11:12 Quote
odin333 wrote:
DarkElement101 wrote:
lcstay10 wrote:

pretty sure its the X.9 kit for $5200. X.O is pretty pointless anyway. Also, the Santa Cruz website says that there not going to be available until June to start buying? how are you going to have one in time for the first 3 O-cups?
i thought it was avalable for sale at May?..watevea i can probabley use my freinds bike...are there any regulations limiting the use of more than one bike?(ive never raced o-cup so yea )

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 11:16 Quote
ganstask8er wrote:
laurie1 wrote:

i agree with laurie to some extent (6-7 inch bike would be the way to go) however the reign would not be the bike for you. it definitely is not burly enough for an o-cup bike. you'd destroy half the parts on the reign XO after half a season.
i deffinitly understand that but the thing is im not only gona be using it for race ,it also gona be used for private northshore like trails,and hidden dh trails..

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011085
Mobile Version of Website