Powered by Outside

Anyone want to try and disprove evolution?

PB Forum :: Social / Political Issues
Anyone want to try and disprove evolution?
Posted: Oct 22, 2009 at 13:53 Quote
expat wrote:
nah, only kidding. i wouldn't dream of getting into a debate with someone so wise in the ways of the universe, i fear i would suffer a terrible defeat from which i would never recover. not only that but i have far more productive ways to spend my time, like emptying the dishwasher or picking the fluff out of my belly button.
you'll have to find someone else to prove your obviously superior intellect to, sorry.

What a good, well-thought of response.

Posted: Oct 22, 2009 at 15:16 Quote
He's formed an opinion of me as self-obsessed and haughty based on one defensive post by me and has no interest in actually contributing anything to a discussion, he would evidently rather just post to be snide and sarcastic towards someone he's almost twice as old as.

This thread can be summed up as so: evolution is not to be disproved. Evolution has more or less been proven, and if anyone wishes to discount evolution, they must basically discount or re-explain every development or discovery that biology has made in the past 130 years, as underpinning all biological study in this period is evolution. People's attempts to isolate evolution from modern biology are pointless, it would be like trying to separate modern physics from quantum theory or theory of atomic mass.

Posted: Oct 22, 2009 at 16:17 Quote
harriieee wrote:
He's formed an opinion of me as self-obsessed and haughty based on one defensive post by me and has no interest in actually contributing anything to a discussion, he would evidently rather just post to be snide and sarcastic towards someone he's almost twice as old as.

This thread can be summed up as so: evolution is not to be disproved. Evolution has more or less been proven, and if anyone wishes to discount evolution, they must basically discount or re-explain every development or discovery that biology has made in the past 130 years, as underpinning all biological study in this period is evolution. People's attempts to isolate evolution from modern biology are pointless, it would be like trying to separate modern physics from quantum theory or theory of atomic mass.

self obsessed and haughty. your words not mine. and what exactly has age got to do with it? snide and sarcastic? yes, fair cop and maybe slightly unnecessary, but i also fail to see the need for people to be extraordinarily condescending to someone just trying to make a point, as you did. actually i was just browsing the thread when i noticed your post and up until that point i thought you made some very valid arguments, which, i might add, i agree with, but unfortunately it was spoilt by you shouting someone down like they were a five year old. just an observation.

Anyway, back on topic. like i said above i agree with you and the theory (fact)of evolution and would defy anyone to disprove it, its just a shame that some of the more weak minded individuals on this planet have to rely on entities for comfort, solace and answers. for me, Darwin got it very right.

Posted: Oct 25, 2009 at 19:53 Quote
its not exactly proven yet... (yes maybe in some people minds). just because you cant 'disprove' something, that dont make it proven

if you cant disprove that someone is not a tosser, that doesnt mean that they are't, yes?

Posted: Nov 17, 2009 at 18:22 Quote
i believe God is in complete control of how the Earth evolves

Posted: Nov 17, 2009 at 18:23 Quote
marco4848 wrote:
your mind is very sheltered

Posted: Nov 17, 2009 at 18:25 Quote
iggz wrote:
marco4848 wrote:
your mind is very sheltered
until i was 10 I still thought parents prayed and God gave them a baby. Then I started wondering what was up with teenage pregnancies and abortions

Posted: Nov 17, 2009 at 18:28 Quote
Few things I think should be pointed out

Gibson19 is a moronic hardcore Christian
Religion is a bi-product of evolution
Jesus Saves

Posted: Nov 17, 2009 at 18:31 Quote
iggz wrote:
Few things I think should be pointed out

Gibson19 is a moronic hardcore Christian

Come again??

Posted: Nov 17, 2009 at 18:33 Quote
Dude you tried so hard to fight off something that argued with your beliefs

I just read the thread, epic stuff

I have NOTHING against Christians. I just HATE people who don't accept differing opinions or push their own ideas on others.

Posted: Nov 17, 2009 at 18:34 Quote
iggz wrote:
Dude you tried so hard to fight off something that argued with your beliefs

I just read the thread, epic stuff

I have NOTHING against Christians. I just HATE people who don't accept differing opinions or push their own ideas on others.

I'm pretty sure he was just playing devil's advocate.

Posted: Nov 17, 2009 at 18:35 Quote
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

That changes my previous statement.

Posted: Nov 17, 2009 at 18:40 Quote
I don't have any issues with evolution... I think its important to point out the fuzzy parts of it... Cause lets face it... we don't know everything there is to about evolution and there are still unanswered questions...

I thought I've made it clear I do believe in evolution... One sided "debates" are just.... well not debates...

I wouldn't say I tried hard either... I don't think I've ever posted one link to any sort of scientific data disproving evolution... mainly cause it'd be pretty hard to find and questionable even if I did find it...

Posted: Nov 17, 2009 at 18:41 Quote
Wait... are you still saying evolution isn't obvious?

Posted: Nov 17, 2009 at 18:42 Quote
iggz wrote:
Wait... are you still saying evolution isn't obvious?

He believes that we do evolve, he just thinks that the theory of evolution isn't perfect (dont mean to speak for you)

Remember evolution, and the theory of evolution are two different things

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.048145
Mobile Version of Website