Trick Tips: A guide.

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Trick Tips: A guide.
Posted: Nov 17, 2021 at 19:10 Quote
Frenchemetalheads wrote:
Just jump, get confident on the bike, start by doing one hander and seat grab and it will come. But it won’t be instantaenous
I moved to far too fast and I have the scars to prove it

Posted: Jan 16, 2022 at 17:36 Quote
For learning bar spins do you guys pinch to your seat with your knees or squeeze the cranks with your feet? My knees are bruised to heck but my seat is not the most forgiving.

Posted: Apr 14, 2022 at 15:16 Quote
T00Holmes wrote:
For learning bar spins do you guys pinch to your seat with your knees or squeeze the cranks with your feet? My knees are bruised to heck but my seat is not the most forgiving.

Having the same issue here. Do you guys wear pants? I honestly don't know what to do but my knees are killing me right now.

Posted: Apr 14, 2022 at 20:26 Quote
I can't barspin, but from watching vids of people who do, a lot of them wear kneepads under their jeans.

Posted: Apr 15, 2022 at 3:33 Quote
Okay, that makes sense. I guess that didn't help me much cause I'm already chaffing real bad.

Posted: Apr 15, 2022 at 14:10 Quote
I think wearing knee/shin pads is the strict minimum for learning any tricks, especialy barspins.

Posted: Jan 5, 2023 at 19:45 Quote
Any suggestions for easy "flow/style" tricks to learn? iam just getting started out and have been learning whips and tables, they arent very stylish yet but its certainly more fun than just dead sailoring over every jump. iam not comfortable enough to take my hands or feet off yet, what other stylish moves can i practice?

Posted: Jan 6, 2023 at 4:13 Quote
X-ups, they look really good if executed properly.

Posted: Jan 6, 2023 at 10:04 Quote
fetusgoulash wrote:
Any suggestions for easy "flow/style" tricks to learn? iam just getting started out and have been learning whips and tables, they arent very stylish yet but its certainly more fun than just dead sailoring over every jump. iam not comfortable enough to take my hands or feet off yet, what other stylish moves can i practice?

whips, tables, invert table etc

Mod
Posted: Jan 6, 2023 at 10:07 Quote
Michael-co wrote:
fetusgoulash wrote:

whips, tables, invert table etc
xups are good

Posted: Jan 6, 2023 at 21:38 Quote
bar humper's a good one for a little variety

Posted: May 20, 2023 at 9:29 Quote
ive landed a couple of 3s at skatepark flyouts and ive been working for over a month to get them on this smaller step up at my local jumps. I just cannot get it, every single attempt i can pull a perfect full 270 but getting the extra 90 feels impossible, any tips

Posted: May 20, 2023 at 12:58 Quote
Think like your going to 540. It's mostly mental. Remember to look over your shoulder because your head will lead the hips.

Posted: May 20, 2023 at 13:06 Quote
FloridaHasMTBToo wrote:
Think like your going to 540. It's mostly mental. Remember to look over your shoulder because your head will lead the hips.
ok thanks

Posted: May 29, 2023 at 7:54 Quote
ilike01 wrote:
FloridaHasMTBToo wrote:
ok thanks
If you need more rotation, carve just a tad more. Will note, carving does make it easier to bonk your rear on the takeoff, so timing is challenging. The biggest thing is repetition and understanding how your bike feels when popping rotations.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.040648
Mobile Version of Website