Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: Jan 28, 2016 at 18:41 Quote
Depends on the track though. Imo lower cad open was soo much fun after crankworx, I liked it blown up. A line was a different story haha.

O+
Posted: Jan 28, 2016 at 19:46 Quote
Clarkeh wrote:
Depends on the track though. Imo lower cad open was soo much fun after crankworx, I liked it blown up. A line was a different story haha.
Well these tracks don't change much throughout the year. Though there was a little buffing up before crankworx last year, that made Canadian open just incredible amount of fun. I mean even more than it usually is, being one of my favorites already.

Posted: Jan 29, 2016 at 20:34 Quote
What type of gear should I bring for riding? I plan on buying my own knee pads and full face for some local parks, but should I buy or rent anything else when I head to Whistler. I was thinking a spine or neck protector, but I won't be able to spend a lot. Any recommendations?

Posted: Jan 30, 2016 at 12:45 Quote
Clarkeh wrote:
I found that the trails I like don't get tracke dout during crank works...

on that note I've been dreaming about laps on rock city.

Posted: Feb 1, 2016 at 16:34 Quote
Looking for some chill people to ride with this summer, will be in Whistler from July 26th-August 18th. I'm 22 years old send me an inbox message!

Posted: Feb 2, 2016 at 4:02 Quote
Hey guys and girls,
Im flying out to whistler for 5 days riding... im going with my girlfriends family qho arent bikers just wondering what best thing to do is to take a bike or hire one im also looking for some riding buddies ill be out about 26th august till the 1st any riding buddies would be much appreciated!
Sooo stoked to come out!

Posted: Feb 2, 2016 at 9:43 Quote
Depending how hard you ride. Bringing your own bike might be better. you are at that point where both are gonna cost the same thing approximately but you won't be on your own bike. Whistler is known for breaking bikes. But you might be better to bring your bike I'd say. Renting isn't cheap...

Posted: Feb 4, 2016 at 2:56 Quote
Hi Guys

Does anyone know a good place to hire a truck in Vancouver, something like a dodge double cab, coming out again in August and i am think 5 in to mini van is not going to work??

O+
Posted: Feb 4, 2016 at 16:00 Quote
NOVEGREG wrote:
Hi Guys

Does anyone know a good place to hire a truck in Vancouver, something like a dodge double cab, coming out again in August and i am think 5 in to mini van is not going to work??

Quick google shows enterprise rentals has trucks like that

Posted: Feb 4, 2016 at 17:09 Quote
NOVEGREG wrote:
Hi Guys

Email car rentals. Your looking for a mega cab cummins tell them.

I hear you guys don't get the chance to drive big trucks over their so take the chance while your here, get all American haha!

O+
Posted: Feb 5, 2016 at 0:01 Quote
trevor426 wrote:
What type of gear should I bring for riding? I plan on buying my own knee pads and full face for some local parks, but should I buy or rent anything else when I head to Whistler. I was thinking a spine or neck protector, but I won't be able to spend a lot. Any recommendations?

Definitelty elbow pads, knee pads and full face. Anything else is up to you.

O+
Posted: Feb 9, 2016 at 17:20 Quote
Knee pads, full face and gloves are the only necessary gear imo

Posted: Feb 11, 2016 at 4:52 Quote
planning a trip to whistler with a mate for 10 days in august, any recommendation for good accommodation.

Posted: Feb 11, 2016 at 10:35 Quote
I heard the search button is a good place to look..

Posted: Feb 11, 2016 at 11:57 Quote
Avaa hotel, bike valet and bike wash and close to the lift.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024565
Mobile Version of Website