Powered by Outside

The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: Apr 10, 2016 at 19:55 Quote
juniorpnwdh wrote:
Are we thinking of something different?
http://bike.whistlerblackcomb.com/rentals/bike-storage
I had heard this referred to as bike lockers.

Nop, Those are not lockers. They just store them in the rental shop. (I used to worked there)

Posted: Apr 10, 2016 at 20:00 Quote
rigodon777 wrote:
juniorpnwdh wrote:
Are we thinking of something different?
http://bike.whistlerblackcomb.com/rentals/bike-storage
I had heard this referred to as bike lockers.

Nop, Those are not lockers. They just store them in the rental shop. (I used to worked there)
Ah ok. Do you know if I should/could call ahead if I'm going to try and rent a spot out through that for a month?

Posted: Apr 12, 2016 at 8:57 Quote
To be honest, with the time I have spent in Whistler and how many friends bikes have been attempted to be stolen or stolen; I only feel comfortable with my bike right beside me while I sleep...

Posted: Apr 12, 2016 at 9:26 Quote
stepheniskool wrote:
To be honest, with the time I have spent in Whistler and how many friends bikes have been attempted to be stolen or stolen; I only feel comfortable with my bike right beside me while I sleep...

True that, I even had one guy on the trail ask me if I could let him borrow my bike for a day. Did he really think someone would say yeah sure brah here's my $8000 bike now go have some fun.

Posted: Apr 12, 2016 at 11:13 Quote
no1000 wrote:
stepheniskool wrote:

True that, I even had one guy on the trail ask me if I could let him borrow my bike for a day. Did he really think someone would say yeah sure brah here's my $8000 bike now go have some fun.

LOL!!!, that and "sure, you can borrow my bike,as soon as you buy my lake front villa in Kuwait"

Posted: Apr 12, 2016 at 13:45 Quote
Season pass pricing is out. Cool

$619 for the early bird pricing. I don't remember exactly but I think last year was $500 and around $450 the year before? Pretty big jump this season. Still a great deal if your riding everyday! but f*ck summer used to be the cheap season here....not anymore

O+
Posted: Apr 12, 2016 at 14:35 Quote
StanMarsh wrote:
Season pass pricing is out. Cool

$619 for the early bird pricing. I don't remember exactly but I think last year was $500 and around $450 the year before? Pretty big jump this season. Still a great deal if your riding everyday! but f*ck summer used to be the cheap season here....not anymore

http://update.whistlerbike.com/2015/04/20/opening-early-may-2/

$599 last year, and now you get 2 bring a friend days vs the one, so not a big jump in price.

It came to about $450 5 years ago, but like their ski passes the prices keep going up.....

Posted: Apr 12, 2016 at 14:43 Quote
hmm I thought I paid about $540 after tax last year.....memory isn't great haha.

Actually pretty impressive they only raised it $20 considering the announcement for 50km of new trailsBig Grin

Posted: Apr 12, 2016 at 16:08 Quote
Is there a 2 week pass? I'm only going to be there for 2 weeks.

Posted: Apr 12, 2016 at 16:49 Quote
no1000 wrote:

I think a 10 time pass and you can add extra days onto it.

Posted: Apr 12, 2016 at 16:55 Quote
stepheniskool wrote:
no1000 wrote:

Plus 10 days of riding out of 14 is pretty good. You Do want to get some days off where you go float, chill out at the lake, go play frisbee-golf, or whiffle golfing..

Posted: Apr 12, 2016 at 20:10 Quote
rigodon777 wrote:
stepheniskool wrote:
no1000 wrote:

Plus 10 days of riding out of 14 is pretty good. You Do want to get some days off where you go float, chill out at the lake, go play frisbee-golf, or whiffle golfing..

Haha not me. Everyday is riding, no drinking because I have a hard time making park opening the next morn.

Big Grin

Posted: Apr 12, 2016 at 21:36 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
rigodon777 wrote:
stepheniskool wrote:

Haha not me. Everyday is riding, no drinking because I have a hard time making park opening the next morn.

Big Grin
Do you gorilla tape your hands to the bars or something? 10 days straight in the bike park would be brutal.

Posted: Apr 12, 2016 at 21:53 Quote
Nobble wrote:
Thepureface wrote:
rigodon777 wrote:

Big Grin
Do you gorilla tape your hands to the bars or something? 10 days straight in the bike park would be brutal.

Nope, to be honest It was tough for the first two weeks but I got used to it.

I don't ride very much tech trails. So it's not as hard on you as you'd think

Posted: Apr 13, 2016 at 12:51 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
Nobble wrote:
Thepureface wrote:

Big Grin

Nope, to be honest It was tough for the first two weeks but I got used to it.

I don't ride very much tech trails. So it's not as hard on you as you'd think

You are missing out not riding tech trails!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021881
Mobile Version of Website