Powered by Outside

The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: May 20, 2016 at 23:01 Quote
Man I was wanting to go but didn't want to be a lone man. You really flew through those trails. Would be cool to shred with you.

Posted: May 21, 2016 at 17:36 Quote
[Quote="J-Carmichael"]A couple of clips from today, lines were insane, I got 5 laps in 6 hours.

Views: 1,878    Faves: 28    Comments: 15

sick video, whistler all to yourself....nice!

O+
Posted: May 22, 2016 at 17:42 Quote
Nice POV.

I managed 10 laps in about 7 hours on Saturday including a lunch break and stopping to grab some pics of the Stevie/McGarry tribute train which was epic. Line-ups totally died down around 5 but my body was done. Trails are in tip top shape, seemed like they buffed pretty much everything I rode.

Posted: May 22, 2016 at 22:11 Quote
J Carmichael, some of the coolest pov I've seen in whis, no wonder you blew that rear tire off. Some new lines in there I wanna try now

Posted: May 22, 2016 at 23:05 Quote
dirch wrote:
J Carmichael, some of the coolest pov I've seen in whis, no wonder you blew that rear tire off. Some new lines in there I wanna try now

Thanks man!

Posted: May 23, 2016 at 19:01 Quote
Hey fellow riders,

My bike was stolen this morning out of Club Intrawest Bike Storage in P2. I just built it up and was stoked to ride it for the first time today, only to find my bike missing from the rack, thief even took all the cables and u-locks with it as well. Bike is size Medium. Please keep your eyes peeled and call 604-505-7801 with any tips or info

2014 All Black Devinci Carbon Wilson
Brand new Fox40 Float (not Boxxer in the full bike pic)
Orange SLS spring on an RC4
Green "Dirty" rims
New neon green DMR pedals

photo

2014 STOLEN All Black Devinci Carbon Wilson

Posted: May 23, 2016 at 20:15 Quote
I'd probably kill someone if my bike got stolen. Positive vibes go to you man!

Posted: May 23, 2016 at 21:23 Quote
that shit makes me angry, sorry for your misfortune, that thief needs some vigilante justice to learn respect for peoples property. i hear Whistler is brutal for bike thefts now, best to take them into your room with you or stay at a place that has staff only bike storage access like the Aava

Posted: May 23, 2016 at 21:25 Quote
imho4ep wrote:
that shit makes me angry, sorry for your misfortune, that thief needs some vigilante justice to learn respect for peoples property. i hear Whistler is brutal for bike thefts now, best to take them into your room with you or stay at a place that has staff only bike storage access like the Aava

I will do that from now on, I don't care if Im not "allowed" to bring a bike back to the room...I'm just doing it

Posted: May 23, 2016 at 22:02 Quote
If it's their secure bike storage area shouldn't they be responsible?

Posted: May 23, 2016 at 22:09 Quote
Nobble wrote:

They have signs that say they're not responsible...but you need a key card to be able to get into the bike storage area....but you could easily slip your finger through the fencing and open the handle from the inside...

Posted: May 23, 2016 at 22:50 Quote
brendan222 wrote:
Nobble wrote:

They have signs that say they're not responsible...but you need a key card to be able to get into the bike storage area....but you could easily slip your finger through the fencing and open the handle from the inside...
I bet you could get them to pay for it on the basis that their storage area wasnt properly secured.

They're not responsible for your property while its in there, but they're responsible for making sure the area is secure and not accesible to unauthorized persons.

O+
Posted: May 24, 2016 at 4:03 Quote
Wow man, that is terrible. Bike looks amazing. I would look into what your home insurance might cover (although it wasn't at home, so I don't know) and maybe try to find a friend with legal knowledge to help you write a letter to management. Maybe they would meet you halfway on replacing your bike?

Posted: May 24, 2016 at 4:12 Quote
There are times when it's okay to cry and that it certainly one of them.
Motherf*ckers, hope you get it back.

Posted: May 24, 2016 at 10:53 Quote
There needs to be better ways of tracking bikes and bike parts so that theft is lowered. As a person purchasing bike parts or even complete bikes it is hard to know if it is stolen unless there are red flags in the way an ad is posted.

There are bike registries out there, but none seem to have caught on. I would love to see pinkbike and the industry get behind a system so that all serial numbers can easily be tracked. The pinkbike buy and sell should have the history of the part/bike so that you know the item you are getting is not stolen.

If there is limited profit in stealing bikes and higher risk of getting caught, we all win.

I actually sent pinkbike info on what I think could be a good bike registry. I would make it myself, but I know with my limited contacts it would never catch on, just like the existing ones.

Hopefully the industry steps up. I know I would never buy a part with a filed serial number. But I do buy used parts off of people, and just have to judge them as to if it is legit or not.

Sorry to hear about your bike. It sucks and I know how much it makes you feel violated.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019238
Mobile Version of Website