Powered by Outside

Automotive General discussion.

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Automotive General discussion.
Posted: Jul 30, 2014 at 5:18 Quote
My world became sadder today when I found out that my golf is a 8v gti instead of a 16v gti

Posted: Jul 30, 2014 at 5:20 Quote
it took you this long? did you not notice it was a butt load slower than expected Razz

Posted: Jul 30, 2014 at 5:21 Quote
It's not "slow" tbh we managed to put it at 180kmh before we shat ourselves, and quite fast, I don't have exact numbers though

Posted: Jul 30, 2014 at 5:24 Quote
still looks sweeeet though. just needs moar awesome wheels Wink

here's my funny smelling, smoke making, old man car that in this picture is also stuck.
my car is offroad car now.

Posted: Jul 30, 2014 at 5:29 Quote
curtalcorn wrote:
recklessness wrote:
No pictures and I doubt anyone gives a shit, but I spent the last two days pulling my headers off, bending back the flanges, prepping and painting them, reinstalling with quality copper gaskets, cleaning up my engine bay a bit and wiring my stereo. Good times. I won't know if I fixed my exhaust leaks until I fire her up tomorrow. If not, I'm probably going to kill myself because I am tired of changing gaskets and shit.

I also got a trans oil cooler and a new distributor, but I'll put them on another time.
dude, that copper silicone shit. Smear it on both sides of the gasket, and it won't leak.
I did, douche! Just on the collector ones though, not on the gaskets at the ports. They seal up nicely though. The collectors have f*cky flanges and hate me, so those gaskets got a shit ton of ultra copper (high temp silicone gasket maker). Good looking out though, bro.

Posted: Jul 30, 2014 at 5:39 Quote
tomcrowther wrote:
still looks sweeeet though. just needs moar awesome wheels Wink

here's my funny smelling, smoke making, old man car that in this picture is also stuck.
my car is offroad car now.
The wheels are awesome, I'll just baint them blaaaaack

I love that focus, I really like those family cars

Posted: Jul 30, 2014 at 6:52 Quote
jespinal wrote:
My world became sadder today when I found out that my golf is a 8v gti instead of a 16v gti
did you never open the hood err...?

Posted: Jul 30, 2014 at 7:07 Quote
Doesn't it say right on the engine?

Posted: Jul 30, 2014 at 7:11 Quote
before you even look at the engine, the 16v versions are badged differently.

Posted: Jul 30, 2014 at 8:16 Quote
nahh doesnt say it blatantly usually, it took a fair bit of research to figure out if my vr was 12v or 24v. usually different badging/intake manifold

Posted: Jul 30, 2014 at 8:18 Quote
vr's are completely different, from what i remember, 16v mk2 GTis are plastered in 16v badges.

Posted: Jul 30, 2014 at 8:23 Quote
oh fair enough. vr is a bit more of a challenge

Posted: Jul 30, 2014 at 8:24 Quote
vr for life though. just that noise! it'd cost me a fortune in fuel though Razz

Posted: Jul 30, 2014 at 8:30 Quote
i f*ckin love it. cut off my muffler and it sounds soooooo badass.......revving in my driveway

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.029450
Mobile Version of Website