Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

RockShox TOTEM / LYRIK discussion thread

PB Forum :: Downhill
RockShox TOTEM / LYRIK discussion thread
Posted: Mar 10, 2015 at 18:20 Quote
nofear259 wrote:
so does anybody know where i can find a solo air or dual air conversion for my 2010 lyrik?

I know ebay has parts for sale that would work. Go on there and search for lyrik solo air and a bunch of internals will pop up. Many have the top cap included.

Also you can go here, find your parts numbers, go to your LBS and have them order you the parts.

coils

Air internals

I'm unsure if this is actually a thing or not, but when I was talking to the guys at SRAM a while ago, the mechanic said that the stanchion on the spring side needed a small dimple inside of it near the top in order for the air conversion to work properly do to air pressure build up yada yada. I'm not totally sure on that bit being necessary but I decided to play it safe and stuck with my Lyrik uturn and just ordered a softer spring through my LBS.

But honestly, like rrish said, if yours doesn't have a plastic sleeve in it, you really are SOL.

Posted: Mar 10, 2015 at 18:41 Quote
if you can cop the weight penalty you're on a better fork anyway I think Smile

Posted: Mar 11, 2015 at 3:57 Quote
If someone could find me a Lyrik x-firm uturn coil in the U.S. that would be a f*cking miracle. 2Step air is dead and I can only find the spring at TFtuned

Posted: Mar 11, 2015 at 7:03 Quote
prophet413 wrote:
If someone could find me a Lyrik x-firm uturn coil in the U.S. that would be a f*cking miracle. 2Step air is dead and I can only find the spring at TFtuned

Call sram. They carry the parts for a few years after discontinuing a fork. See if they have one in stock, get the part number, head to a lbs and order it. Or just go to a spare parts catalog on their website, get the number from there, head to your lbs and have them call. I found it easier just to have the bike store call them because then if it is in stock, the can order one right then. I just got a soft through them a few weeks ago. That was the only type they had in stock at the time so I don't know if they have an xfirm or not but it's worth a shot. Also check the buy sell. I see spare coils pop up now and then for lyrik uturns and they or typically x-firm or firm.

Hope this helps

Edit: work is slow today so I looked up the number
11.4015.098.000 Lyrik U-Turn Spring Assy X-Firm Black

Posted: Mar 11, 2015 at 7:27 Quote
hi im replacing my frame and I have a rc totem 1.5 steer tube and im thinking of getting a demo 8 2011 frame is it possible to fit HEADSET1.5" integrated for 1 1/8" steerer, cartridge bearings

Posted: Mar 11, 2015 at 9:15 Quote
Opinions wrote:
prophet413 wrote:

Call sram. They carry the parts for a few years after discontinuing a fork. See if they have one in stock, get the part number, head to a lbs and order it. Or just go to a spare parts catalog on their website, get the number from there, head to your lbs and have them call. I found it easier just to have the bike store call them because then if it is in stock, the can order one right then. I just got a soft through them a few weeks ago. That was the only type they had in stock at the time so I don't know if they have an xfirm or not but it's worth a shot. Also check the buy sell. I see spare coils pop up now and then for lyrik uturns and they or typically x-firm or firm.

Hope this helps

Edit: work is slow today so I looked up the number
11.4015.098.000 Lyrik U-Turn Spring Assy X-Firm Black

I had Seraph look a few months ago with no luck. I'll have my lbs call anyway. Couldn't hurt

Posted: Mar 11, 2015 at 9:32 Quote
Hope it works out for you. 2 steps are awful lol. I have my old 2 step upper and spring assembly collecting dust in my room.

Posted: Mar 11, 2015 at 9:40 Quote
demo7jumper wrote:
hi im replacing my frame and I have a rc totem 1.5 steer tube and im thinking of getting a demo 8 2011 frame is it possible to fit HEADSET1.5" integrated for 1 1/8" steerer, cartridge bearings

No is the answer. I know there was a headset out that you could do that but it was for external headsets. Not intergrated. Best would be to get either new fork or new csu

Posted: Mar 12, 2015 at 6:17 Quote
what size is the demo headtube? if it is 56mm internal you can do integrated 1.5. If it is 44 or 49mm you can do 1.5 steerer with external cups

Posted: Mar 29, 2015 at 10:36 Quote
So I have a new question. My lyrik has a nice obvious clicking sound when compressed rapidly through the first 100mm or so. It's a uturn and my friends and parents both have said they think It's coming from the coil side. Any clue what it could be? I'll probably break the fork down this week to make sure I've got every thing in there properly.

Edit: also if I turn the adjustment knob 180 degrees shortening the travel a few mm from max, it seems impossible to get the sound

Posted: Mar 29, 2015 at 10:50 Quote
Opinions wrote:
So I have a new question. My lyrik has a nice obvious clicking sound when compressed rapidly through the first 100mm or so. It's a uturn and my friends and parents both have said they think It's coming from the coil side. Any clue what it could be? I'll probably break the fork down this week to make sure I've got every thing in there properly.

My guess would be that it's the coil hitting the inside of the stanchion. I've heard of the heat shrink around the coil degrading over time, so it might need replacing.

Posted: Mar 29, 2015 at 12:49 Quote
ChubzyWubzy wrote:
Opinions wrote:

My guess would be that it's the coil hitting the inside of the stanchion. I've heard of the heat shrink around the coil degrading over time, so it might need replacing.

Actually the coil is brand new. Uturn coils don't seem to have any heat shrink or any coating of any sorts at all on them. I slathered grease on the coil and it seems to work fine. Just when at full travel it gets that click. Probably is the coil hitting the inside wall of the stanchion. One of those annoying noises that we just have to tolerate I guess.

Posted: Mar 29, 2015 at 14:14 Quote
Have a look at how the white U-turn thing in the coil sits. Maybe at max yours is sitting too low in the coil causing it to deform sideways into the stanchion wall.

O+
Posted: Apr 3, 2015 at 12:43 Quote
Hey guys, I've found a brand new Totem dual position air unsold in a shop near me. They want 700$ cad for it. Do you think it's worth it?

O+
Posted: Apr 3, 2015 at 13:20 Quote
If you do go for it, I'd ask them to do just a lower leg service. It sounds like it has been sitting for a while, and rockshox hasn't had the greatest reputation for sending their forks out with the proper amount of fluid in the lowers.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.143184
Mobile Version of Website