SCOUT's fall in!

PB Forum :: Transition
SCOUT's fall in!
Posted: Nov 21, 2016 at 7:05 Quote
What stem specs, bar width, bar rise, and MM of front fork travel are you guys running? I'm building my scout up and curious what everyone is running. Will be ridden on rooty, east coast stuff we have here in charlotte, nc.

Posted: Nov 21, 2016 at 7:59 Quote
BobbyLight350z wrote:
What stem specs, bar width, bar rise, and MM of front fork travel are you guys running? I'm building my scout up and curious what everyone is running. Will be ridden on rooty, east coast stuff we have here in charlotte, nc.

I am running a 35mm long stem, with 30mm rise bars cut to 29.25in. I have 20mm of spacers under the stem. This is on a medium frame.

I prefer my bars a little higher then lower, but for me this was a happy medium and gives me a nice balanced stand when going down but the bars are low enough to assist on the climbs.

photo

Posted: Nov 21, 2016 at 10:04 Quote
crazbiker4 wrote:
BobbyLight350z wrote:

I am running a 35mm long stem, with 30mm rise bars cut to 29.25in. I have 20mm of spacers under the stem. This is on a medium frame.

I prefer my bars a little higher then lower, but for me this was a happy medium and gives me a nice balanced stand when going down but the bars are low enough to assist on the climbs.

photo
That's gorgeous..

50mm stem , 20mm rise 760mm bars, 10mm spacer, Large

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2016 at 17:51 Quote
150mm fork, 50mm stem, 760x20 bars 15mm of spacers.

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2016 at 18:49 Quote
150mm Pike, 50mm stem with a 10mm spacer underneath, 750mm x 20mm bars.

Posted: Nov 26, 2016 at 5:51 Quote
150mm Fox 36, 50mm stem with 7,5mm spacer under the stem, 780 x 20mm bars.

O+
Posted: Nov 26, 2016 at 8:23 Quote
What kind of stuff are you guys riding on your scouts? Currently own a patrol because I have quite a bit of freeride in my area. Lately I've been toying with the of selling my hardtail and my patrol and going with a Scout and a DH rig. How does the scout feel on drops/jumps? I love the idea of running a 150 travel mattoc on it

O+
Posted: Nov 26, 2016 at 22:32 Quote
Stayslacking wrote:
What kind of stuff are you guys riding on your scouts? Currently own a patrol because I have quite a bit of freeride in my area. Lately I've been toying with the of selling my hardtail and my patrol and going with a Scout and a DH rig. How does the scout feel on drops/jumps? I love the idea of running a 150 travel mattoc on it

I say do it. I ride my Scout everywhere including DH, but I don't get too rowdy these days so it's plenty capable for me.

Posted: Dec 14, 2016 at 10:36 Quote
I'm about 160 lbs with my gear and looking for a different wheel set than what my 2016 Scout 4 came with which was Hubs: SRAM MTH 716/746
Rims: WTB ST i23 27.5" 32h
Front Tire: Maxxis Minion DHF 27.5" x 2.3" EXO Dual
Rear Tire: Maxxis Minion DHR II 27.5" x 2.3" EXO Dual

I see no Scouts here with them still on lol I am tubeless and haven't had any problems except for goat head thorns and the sealant seals pretty fast. I love to jump and mostly ride on sandstone hard packed dirt where I live. I put on about 200 miles on sofar and no problems but I see that these are heavy compared to most. So my question is this whee lset just ready to break or should I just run these till they die or get rid of these before they strand me 12 miles back lol. What's a great affordable wheel and hub to run on these scouts? Thanks for the help

O+
Posted: Dec 14, 2016 at 16:56 Quote
Spookyjjj wrote:
I'm about 160 lbs with my gear and looking for a different wheel set than what my 2016 Scout 4 came with which was Hubs: SRAM MTH 716/746

I see no Scouts here with them still on lol I am tubeless and haven't had any problems except for goat head thorns and the sealant seals pretty fast. I love to jump and mostly ride on sandstone hard packed dirt where I live. I put on about 200 miles on sofar and no problems but I see that these are heavy compared to most. So my question is this whee lset just ready to break or should I just run these till they die or get rid of these before they strand me 12 miles back lol. What's a great affordable wheel and hub to run on these scouts? Thanks for the help

i23's are among the best value/weight/strength rim on the market. The hubs aren't the best, but they also aren't garbage. I'd wait for the rear rim to have too many flats spots to seat a tubeless tire or for one of the hubs bearings to pack it in and then think about new wheels.

The best improvements to make on the stock wheel set are going with a wider rim and a hub with better quality bearings and more engagement.

I've run ENVE Light Bike and a few aluminum options and my current rims are Easton/RF ARC30 and I'll be replacing my rear with a WTB ASYM over the winter. Carbon is not for me, I go through at least one rear wheel per season.

Posted: Dec 16, 2016 at 14:09 Quote
What are people using on their down tubes besides rock guardz carbon protector ? I don't like how they cover the name lol I guess I'm being picky...

Posted: Dec 16, 2016 at 14:11 Quote
Thank you!!!! They've held up great so far so I'll ride till they die Smile

RMWB wrote:
Spookyjjj wrote:

i23's are among the best value/weight/strength rim on the market. The hubs aren't the best, but they also aren't garbage. I'd wait for the rear rim to have too many flats spots to seat a tubeless tire or for one of the hubs bearings to pack it in and then think about new wheels.

The best improvements to make on the stock wheel set are going with a wider rim and a hub with better quality bearings and more engagement.

I've run ENVE Light Bike and a few aluminum options and my current rims are Easton/RF ARC30 and I'll be replacing my rear with a WTB ASYM over the winter. Carbon is not for me, I go through at least one rear wheel per season.

Posted: Jan 23, 2017 at 10:23 Quote
Here's my 2017 XL Scout:

Frame: Transition Scout XL
Rear Shock: FOX Float X Evol
Fork Fox: Float 34 Factory 140mm
Headset: Cane Creek 40 series
Handlebar: Race Face Next 35 Carbon
Stem: Easton Haven 35 32mm
Grips: Sensus Shwayze lock-On
Brakes: SRAM Guide Ultimate
Brake Levers: SRAM Guide Ultimate
Shifters: SRAM XO1
Rear Derailleur: SRAM XX1 Type 2.1
Chainguide: MRP AMg V2 Carbon
Cranks: Race Face Next SL Cinch 170mm/Carbon
Chainrings/Sprocket: Race Face Cinch DM 32T
Bottom Bracket: Race Face Cinch BSA30
Pedals: Shimano XT Trail
Rims: Easton ARC 27
Hubs: DT Swiss 350
Front Tire: Maxxis Minion DHF 2.3
Rear Tire: Maxxis Minion DHR II 2.3
Saddle: Fabric Scoop Shallow/Carbon
Seatpost: KS Lev Integra w/ Southpaw Remote

photo

photo

photo

O+
Posted: Jan 23, 2017 at 11:37 Quote
Scootch wrote:
Here's my 2017 XL Scout:

Frame: Transition Scout XL
Rear Shock: FOX Float X Evol
Fork Fox: Float 34 Factory 140mm
Headset: Cane Creek 40 series
Handlebar: Race Face Next 35 Carbon
Stem: Easton Haven 35 32mm
Grips: Sensus Shwayze lock-On
Brakes: SRAM Guide Ultimate
Brake Levers: SRAM Guide Ultimate
Shifters: SRAM XO1
Rear Derailleur: SRAM XX1 Type 2.1
Chainguide: MRP AMg V2 Carbon
Cranks: Race Face Next SL Cinch 170mm/Carbon
Chainrings/Sprocket: Race Face Cinch DM 32T
Bottom Bracket: Race Face Cinch BSA30
Pedals: Shimano XT Trail
Rims: Easton ARC 27
Hubs: DT Swiss 350
Front Tire: Maxxis Minion DHF 2.3
Rear Tire: Maxxis Minion DHR II 2.3
Saddle: Fabric Scoop Shallow/Carbon
Seatpost: KS Lev Integra w/ Southpaw Remote

photo

photo

photo

so gorgeous, you're giving me bike envy Beer

Posted: Jan 23, 2017 at 12:12 Quote
Scootch wrote:
Here's my 2017 XL Scout:

Sike bike! How tall are you if i may ask?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020989
Mobile Version of Website