Powered by Outside

3.3 Pound Freestyle Frame

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
3.3 Pound Freestyle Frame
Posted: Oct 31, 2008 at 7:03 Quote
justin99 wrote:
It's actually called the UK Revolution.

It can be called either, UK is just abbreviated. Check the copyright, it reads "Unknown Bike Co."

Anyway, I actually like that frame, more so than the Premium one, and with a lifetime warranty I'm pretty confident it will hold up fine for the majority of BMXers. What I doubt, though, is that it could withstand the sort of stuff the huckers (or whatever else you want to call them.) put frames through.

Posted: Oct 31, 2008 at 8:43 Quote
I think it's fair enough to the people who think they need a bike that is lighter then 20lbs, that's their choice.

I don't really like rating bikes before i've tried them, but I would really love to see a few riders I know try the frame out. Without bashing it, I have my suspicions to how long it would last.

In my opinion, even though technology is becoming more advanced & there are smart people out there building these so called light & strong bikes... But still can't help but think BMX is becoming a disposable sport. Cheap plastic parts (Pegs, pedals) which need replacing more often, frames that people change every season etc.
Just my thoughts.

Also as far as I can tell, this is a thread discussing weights of these new light weight frames, not discussing how strong plastic pegs are....

Posted: Oct 31, 2008 at 8:50 Quote
tedmacneil wrote:
listen to ron , how can you hate this bike if you don`t even know what it is! i sense some jealousy out there!

Its the interweb man, we are supposed to frown upon and pre-judge every new product that comes on the market!

Posted: Oct 31, 2008 at 8:53 Quote
drewfunk wrote:
tedmacneil wrote:
listen to ron , how can you hate this bike if you don`t even know what it is! i sense some jealousy out there!

Its the interweb man, we are supposed to frown upon and pre-judge every new product that comes on the market!

no, that would be a ridiculas notion. It's for discussing, not bashing which is what most people seem to be unable to realize.

Posted: Oct 31, 2008 at 9:24 Quote
back on topic now, mark webbs on a uk now,although smooth he still goes big, its got to be strong, we will see over the coming months if they are or not. at the end of the day if no one makes em we will never know

Posted: Oct 31, 2008 at 9:30 Quote
dh-pete wrote:
justin99 wrote:
It's actually called the UK Revolution.

It can be called either, UK is just abbreviated. Check the copyright, it reads "Unknown Bike Co."
Okay. My bad then. I had only heard people call it the UK Revolution before.

Posted: Oct 31, 2008 at 9:46 Quote
After looking at the Uk or Unknown site I noticed that they had a second frame called the Evolution. It's only two tenths of a pound heavier than the Revolution (3.5 pounds) weighing in at 3.7 pounds. I'm liking the Evolution a lot more because it doesn't have such a short rear end. The Revolution's chainstay length is 13.25 inches while the Evolution's is a more standard length at 13.75. The Evolution also has a lifetime warranty just like the Revolution. So if I were to buy either of them I'd choose the Evolution.

*Edit- There's also the UK Production frame but it isn't quite as groundbreaking lightweight like the Evolution and Revolution. It's 4.2 pounds. Definately still really light but this thread kind has more to do with frames in the 3-4 pound range.

Posted: Oct 31, 2008 at 12:30 Quote
okie doke.
so people. does anybody know what a warranty really is?
it seems no one does. A warranty isn't for everything, a warranty is for manufacture defects. something like a dent won't get you a new frame.
although if you develop a crack on a weld, or if the tubes split, then yes that is a defect of the weld or tubing.

another thing. those who say "zomgzorzzz!! a light bike is unstable and feels funky in the air." How long have you rode a sub 21lbs bike? It feels funny because your used to your own bike. you ride a sub 21lbs bike for a week or month straight, you will not notice a difference. anything like that. Try chicagoing your bars.. ride it for a week and you'll see it feels the same. your body just gets used to your bike.

I would love to have that premium frame, it looks rad! just because you can't hop five sets and shit. who the f*ck cares. I'm all about f*ckin going mach chickin around a smooth bowl and just strait shreddin. that's where the fun is.

Posted: Oct 31, 2008 at 15:13 Quote
yaybikes wrote:
anything like that. Try chicagoing your bars.. ride it for a week and you'll see it feels the same. your body just gets used to your bike.
Chicago-ing bars?

Posted: Oct 31, 2008 at 15:13 Quote
truffles wrote:
yaybikes wrote:
anything like that. Try chicagoing your bars.. ride it for a week and you'll see it feels the same. your body just gets used to your bike.
Chicago-ing bars?

Bars way forward.

Posted: Oct 31, 2008 at 15:19 Quote
Yes, your body gets used to things, but i still beleive that a sub-20lb bike would feel squirly. And chicagoing your bars would be be retarded, even after a week...

Posted: Oct 31, 2008 at 15:20 Quote
everyone can only say one thing, dont bash it before you ride it. end thread/

Posted: Oct 31, 2008 at 15:23 Quote
yaybikes wrote:
okie doke.
so people. does anybody know what a warranty really is?
it seems no one does. A warranty isn't for everything, a warranty is for manufacture defects. something like a dent won't get you a new frame.
although if you develop a crack on a weld, or if the tubes split, then yes that is a defect of the weld or tubing.

another thing. those who say "zomgzorzzz!! a light bike is unstable and feels funky in the air." How long have you rode a sub 21lbs bike? It feels funny because your used to your own bike. you ride a sub 21lbs bike for a week or month straight, you will not notice a difference. anything like that. Try chicagoing your bars.. ride it for a week and you'll see it feels the same. your body just gets used to your bike.

I would love to have that premium frame, it looks rad! just because you can't hop five sets and shit. who the f*ck cares. I'm all about f*ckin going mach chickin around a smooth bowl and just strait shreddin. that's where the fun is.

...Hopping down a 5 set? It's pretty sad if a frame can't hold up to hopping down a 5 set. 5 stairs is not big... At all. My 9 year old brother has jumped 5 sets.

Also, I have had time to get used to a light bike. I still don't like it.

Posted: Oct 31, 2008 at 15:54 Quote
mike, all i can say is if you don't like it don't follow it, do your own thing.

Posted: Oct 31, 2008 at 15:59 Quote
And that's exactly what I'm going to do. I'm a broke college student, I can't afford "disposable" light weight parts. I need my bike to last. People can ride what ever they want, as long as at the end of the day I can still get the kind of parts I like to ride.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015546
Mobile Version of Website