Bike with 5" - 6" rear travel

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Bike with 5" - 6" rear travel
Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 22:18 Quote
here is a riveiw by sick lines on the br:
http://www.sicklines.com/reviews/transition-bottle-rocket/
and for who ever things it sucks for djing:
Dirt Jumping

•The BottleRocket like a real bottle rocket loves to take flight. The BottleRocket is a cool customer when it comes to air travel and it’s easy to maneuver due to the sloping tubes, geometry, and the overall balance of the bike. Often when jumping bikes you have to compensate for the bike feeling unbalanced (either weight-wise or geometry-wise) but the BottleRocket has a very stable feel and you can change your flight plan on demand.

O+
Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 22:19 Quote
I don't think anyone will feel the difference in weight. IMO the talas feels a lot more buttery than both the float or the van

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 22:20 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
Yes, the Float is the lightest out of the Fox 36 but it is negligible. The Talas is a lot more adjustable on the fly which is a cool feature to have. I think I'd take the extra 30 grams and ride a Talas over a Float.
why? its screws up the frame geo. i have a br and ride my br and i can tell you right now any lower the geo is diff and wierd! i have a pike on mine and am getting a fox 36 float soon! Smile

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 22:21 Quote
pake wrote:
I don't think anyone will feel the difference in weight. IMO the talas feels a lot more buttery than both the float or the van
iheard the van rc2's feel the best than the floats than the talas....they might of been wack though!

O+
Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 22:24 Quote
dher0521 wrote:
pake wrote:
iheard the van rc2's feel the best than the floats than the talas....they might of been wack though!
i have a van rc2 and i like the feel of the talas better. but my van sure is butter..........

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 22:24 Quote
dher0521 wrote:
Dirt Jumping

•The BottleRocket like a real bottle rocket loves to take flight. The BottleRocket is a cool customer when it comes to air travel and it’s easy to maneuver due to the sloping tubes, geometry, and the overall balance of the bike. Often when jumping bikes you have to compensate for the bike feeling unbalanced (either weight-wise or geometry-wise) but the BottleRocket has a very stable feel and you can change your flight plan on demand.

umm i disagree with that seeing as i rode one at my local dirt jumps, an was about as nible in the air as my shitty kona stinky. maybe its cause it had a 66 but still imo it was crap

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 22:25 Quote
pake wrote:
dher0521 wrote:
pake wrote:
i have a van rc2 and i like the feel of the talas better. but my van sure is butter..........
yah, all i know is you cant go wrong with any fox 36! hahaha

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 22:25 Quote
fallen55 wrote:
dher0521 wrote:
Dirt Jumping

umm i disagree with that seeing as i rode one at my local dirt jumps, an was about as nible in the air as my shitty kona stinky. maybe its cause it had a 66 but still imo it was crap
i ride mine that i actully own at my local djs all the time! jumps like a champ. you crazy man!

O+
Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 22:26 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
Yes, the Float is the lightest out of the Fox 36 but it is negligible. The Talas is a lot more adjustable on the fly which is a cool feature to have. I think I'd take the extra 30 grams and ride a Talas over a Float.
Is it only 30g? I thought it was like 100g or something.
And like i said its personal preference... I personally would just run a Float.

Mod
Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 22:29 Quote
nishnash wrote:
laurie1 wrote:
Is it only 30g? I thought it was like 100g or something.
And like i said its personal preference... I personally would just run a Float.

My bad, it's 136 grams more I believe.

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 22:30 Quote
a 36 float is....4.78 (clamed) a talas is......5.08. .3 diffrance in pounds. its to late for me to covert into grams. still saves wieght!

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 22:30 Quote
dher0521 wrote:
fallen55 wrote:
dher0521 wrote:
Dirt Jumping

i ride mine that i actully own at my local djs all the time! jumps like a champ. you crazy man!

if I could compare it to a car i would say it handled about as well as a ford windstar, some ppl think its a great bike, but to be honest for the price you might as well get a wildcard. hell the wildcard was 200 cheaper at the bike show. what suspension are you running??

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 22:32 Quote
fallen55 wrote:
dher0521 wrote:
fallen55 wrote:

if I could compare it to a car i would say it handled about as well as a ford windstar, some ppl think its a great bike, but to be honest for the price you might as well get a wildcard. hell the wildcard was 200 cheaper at the bike show. what suspension are you running??
at the moment a pike and a dhx 5.0 coil with bottom out all the way open and 200 psi. bike is sooo easy to toss around when i had a biger travle fork on it. now it feels wierd with the pike! i think you are crazy man. i have 2 friends with the same bike and they say the same thing as me and the "pro" reviews on sick lines....

Mod
Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 22:35 Quote
Reviews, you have to take with a grain of salt. Keep in mind, the reviewer is writing something that is supposed to promote the company and more than likely, the product was given at cost (if not free) so they keep them relatively positive and sugarcoat things. They focus and emphasize everything they like and throw in a couple of cons here and there but don’t elaborate on them in depth like they do with all the positive aspects.

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 22:38 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
Reviews, you have to take with a grain of salt. Keep in mind, the reviewer is writing something that is supposed to promote the company and more than likely, the product was given at cost (if not free) so they keep them relatively positive and sugarcoat things. They focus and emphasize everything they like and throw in a couple of cons here and there but don’t elaborate on them in depth like they do with all the positive aspects.
well i have ridden mine the whole summer and i agree is prefect for dirt jump and big steep lips and made to go big. dose not takes bumps as well as lots of bikes but thats why it pops off lips like no ones busness!!!!!! i love mine but not for dh! i rode crack addict and it was a hold on for your life experence hahaha.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009852
Mobile Version of Website