Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Post Your Freeride/Downhill/Slopestyle Bike

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Post Your Freeride/Downhill/Slopestyle Bike
Posted: Jan 4, 2022 at 0:14 Quote
There u go! Still need to change the fork airshaft to 150mm i think.

YT CAPRA CUSTOM SLOPEDURO

Posted: Jan 4, 2022 at 7:48 Quote
lizkyh wrote:
There u go! Still need to change the fork airshaft to 150mm i think.

Turned out awesome!

Posted: Feb 21, 2022 at 15:38 Quote
Hope this works for this thread
Here's my 2017 Diamondback Release 1!
Some highlights:
-Magura MT7 Pro Brakes
-Front Brake Routed Through Steerer Tube
-Yoshimura Chilao Pedals
-Sensus Swayze-OG Grips
-Red Chromag Overture Saddle
-Raceface Arc 30 Laced To DT Swiss 350 Hub With Cushcore Pro Inserts

photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Mar 1, 2022 at 22:48 Quote
Just a question not a post sorry if this goes against the rules but it is a freeride/slopeduro question. So I live in a pretty flat place in minnesota it’s trails are fun but got boring quick, any trails near me have nothing challenging. I was wondering what other people think about building a trail slopeduro bike mabye like 140/150 mm travel which is already more than enough but I want something for bike park days and I am trying to travel a lot this summer to parks like trestle and bentonville. With less travel I can still pedal and just mess around learning tricks on every trail or Should I get a 180mm freeride single crown if I want to do a dream build a keep this bike till I can live full time in Washington with actual good trails?

Posted: Mar 2, 2022 at 2:33 Quote
Emarks428 wrote:
Just a question not a post sorry if this goes against the rules but it is a freeride/slopeduro question. So I live in a pretty flat place in minnesota it’s trails are fun but got boring quick, any trails near me have nothing challenging. I was wondering what other people think about building a trail slopeduro bike mabye like 140/150 mm travel which is already more than enough but I want something for bike park days and I am trying to travel a lot this summer to parks like trestle and bentonville. With less travel I can still pedal and just mess around learning tricks on every trail or Should I get a 180mm freeride single crown if I want to do a dream build a keep this bike till I can live full time in Washington with actual good trails?

I have a Commencal Absolut SX v1 with 140mm front and rear. In desperate need of maintenance now, but i used it for all kind of park riding. Super fun.
I have been thinking about a replacement of it as it is such a fun concept, and i like the idea of a bike for everything, a single bike to do both park riding, trail riding and also some dirt jump and pumptrack, especially useful for when going on roadtrips to only carry one bike with me.
Now, the v1 Absolut SX is BB pivot making it quite bad at pedaling, and also set up single speed (without tensioner = nice and quiet). So i am thinking of some burly trailbike, downsizeing, like going for a medium or large instead of XL as i normally would. Swapping the wheels for 26 inch and have a rear shock that can handle high preassures so i can make it really stiff for dirtjump and pumptrack. Also replace dropper with a short seat tube for park/dirt/pump and a longer seat tube for trail riding.
In my case i am thinking primarily of the Commencal Meta Tr.

Posted: Mar 2, 2022 at 11:08 Quote
Emarks428 wrote:

it is really depends on the bike, I had 180 bike s do it all, now moved to 140 s do it all (Mammoth / Big Bear bike parks)
no regrets so I would recommend stick with 150 with proper geo, and fine tune suspension for performance

Posted: Mar 3, 2022 at 6:44 Quote
nickmalysh wrote:
Emarks428 wrote:

it is really depends on the bike, I had 180 bike s do it all, now moved to 140 s do it all (Mammoth / Big Bear bike parks)
no regrets so I would recommend stick with 150 with proper geo, and fine tune suspension for performance

Yeah it’s just hard to decide for the next 2 years mostly everything I ride could he handled on a 150mm bike, the 5010 crew hits Whistler bike park on 130mm Santa Cruz bikes and they are fine so I think I might go with that

Posted: Feb 3, 2023 at 14:41 Quote
Holy shit, a thread I'm not subscribed to! A rarity.

Anyway here's my newest slopeduro build.
What do you get when you take a trail bike and put dirt jump parts on it This I guess. Slopeduro anyone
Status 140, coiled Pike 140, GX DH 7-speed, rigid post for now. 33 lbs but it's hardly noticeable.

Posted: Feb 9, 2023 at 8:45 Quote
Here is my new build.
22 Status 160
27.5' Front and Rear
180mm ZEB Fork

New completed build. 22 Status 160 non mullet
New completed build. 22 Status 160 non mullet

Posted: Mar 1, 2023 at 9:29 Quote
photo

My Freeride Norco Shore. Now 190/190 with 2Deg angleset for 60.6 HA. the 77.7 Seatangle really helps this 40 pound tank climb.
Custom Marino Freeride/Enduro Hardtail. 180 Manitou Mezzer Pro, 61 Deg Head angle, 78 Seatangle. Rips downhill and plenty capable to climb back up and do it again.

Posted: Mar 1, 2023 at 23:43 Quote
52Jeff wrote:
photo

My Freeride Norco Shore. Now 190/190 with 2Deg angleset for 60.6 HA. the 77.7 Seatangle really helps this 40 pound tank climb.
Custom Marino Freeride/Enduro Hardtail. 180 Manitou Mezzer Pro, 61 Deg Head angle, 78 Seatangle. Rips downhill and plenty capable to climb back up and do it again.

wowza... all the slack!

Mod
Posted: Mar 6, 2023 at 7:29 Quote
that marino is comically long

Posted: Mar 7, 2023 at 13:39 Quote
mior wrote:
for real bro must be like 7'4''

Posted: Mar 7, 2023 at 13:52 Quote
Nope 5' 11" and it fits perfect. The Norco is actually longer. Not sure why the picture looks like that.

ilike01 wrote:
mior wrote:
for real bro must be like 7'4''
photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 2.810292
Mobile Version of Website