PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
100 (or more) days of biking in 2021!
Posted: Nov 15, 2021 at 16:56 Quote
233- the dh track is a river...

O+
Posted: Nov 15, 2021 at 17:01 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
177 - CX bike exploring our flooded areas.

No kidding.... this is nutso waterworld shit

The river beside my house has broken over its banks. It’s usually 8’ below. Luckily there are dykes to protect everything. There’s massive flooding everywhere. Landslides all over the place. It’s bonkers.

Posted: Nov 15, 2021 at 17:14 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
whitebirdfeathers wrote:

The river beside my house has broken over its banks. It’s usually 8’ below. Luckily there are dykes to protect everything. There’s massive flooding everywhere. Landslides all over the place. It’s bonkers.

Are the dykes upset?

O+
Posted: Nov 15, 2021 at 17:29 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:

Are the dykes upset?

I think he said not yet, but all hell will break loose when they are! lol

O+
Posted: Nov 15, 2021 at 17:43 Quote
278 - I feel like I've been saying this alot this year...but this was definitely the wettest commute of my life. Brought a full change of clothes in the bag today..

whitebirdfeathers wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
whitebirdfeathers wrote:

Yeah...My father in-law from Prince George has been staying with us for about a week now and was supposed to be headed home tomorrow. However all routes to the interior have been closed due to landslides, so he will be staying with us for sometime longer. Fortunately we get along with him royally (everytime he visits he brings a flat or two of random Northern B.C. craft beer, which we generally polish off before he leaves), however after a week of company in the house...we are ready to have our space back lol

Posted: Nov 16, 2021 at 10:58 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
however after a week of company in the house...we are ready to have our space back lol

translates: we've gone through all the beer.....

O+
Posted: Nov 16, 2021 at 11:09 Quote
90: another bike commute - tail wind was fantastic to start off with, started getting cross and head winds though half way to downtown which made the ride tougher

O+
Posted: Nov 16, 2021 at 11:11 Quote
adm750 wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:
however after a week of company in the house...we are ready to have our space back lol

Been a long time since I've been up to PG (my parents lived up there in the mid '90s), odd to hear there are microbreweries up there now.

O+
Posted: Nov 16, 2021 at 11:18 Quote
Every town on the way to PG from Vancouver has a brewery now. Trench Brewing in PG is really quite good. Crossroad is okay but their pizza is outstanding so that makes up for it.

O+
Posted: Nov 16, 2021 at 14:27 Quote
107 - solo pedal

O+
Posted: Nov 16, 2021 at 14:44 Quote
178 - more exploring the floods on the cx bike

O+
Posted: Nov 16, 2021 at 15:08 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
Every town on the way to PG from Vancouver has a brewery now. Trench Brewing in PG is really quite good. Crossroad is okay but their pizza is outstanding so that makes up for it.

Agreed! Crossroads is a better place to visit and hang out, Trench has the better beer though.

O+
Posted: Nov 16, 2021 at 15:09 Quote
adm750 wrote:
gnarnaimo wrote:

lol We have lots of local beer too!

Posted: Nov 16, 2021 at 15:13 Quote
230- Town center jibbing

Posted: Nov 17, 2021 at 9:23 Quote
76 Golfie

14 DJ
19 AM
30 Rd
3 Dig
10 DH

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008950
Mobile Version of Website