Bay Area Riders

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Bay Area Riders
Posted: May 8, 2011 at 23:25 Quote
NorCalNomad wrote:
carpy95 wrote:
Hey does anyone have recommendations for a good techy AM trail? Looking for something more than just mostly fireroads with rocks thats around Mt. Diablo. Thanks.

There is some dope stuff on tam...best stuff = poach
yea tam for the win but super ileagal, a trail recently got destroyed kinda bumed i feel sorry for the guy who built it

Posted: May 9, 2011 at 12:40 Quote
Has anyone rode Annadel State Park? Thats were i ride and there is some sick stuff there

O+
Posted: May 9, 2011 at 20:41 Quote
manofsteel wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:
carpy95 wrote:
Hey does anyone have recommendations for a good techy AM trail? Looking for something more than just mostly fireroads with rocks thats around Mt. Diablo. Thanks.

yea tam for the win but super ileagal, a trail recently got destroyed kinda bumed i feel sorry for the guy who built it

destroyed on tam?

Posted: May 9, 2011 at 21:30 Quote
timsupermere wrote:
manofsteel wrote:
NorCalNomad wrote:

destroyed on tam?
yes on tam it was destroyed

Posted: May 9, 2011 at 21:31 Quote
hey if you guys are in the area we got some pretty rad DH trails in Pleasanton, and I am always looking for people to ride with, come check it out

Posted: Jul 21, 2011 at 11:10 Quote
hey guys,

i'm going to san jose to visit a friend of mine, but i also wanna go riding. since i don't really have time to go out and look for a great trail i wanna ask ya'll if someone is down to take a ride with me and show me arround.

thx

Posted: Aug 19, 2011 at 14:17 Quote
enorbz wrote:
hey if you guys are in the area we got some pretty rad DH trails in Pleasanton, and I am always looking for people to ride with, come check it out

there is nothing 'rad' in pleasanton. all the 'dh' guys (old 40yr men w/ $7k santa cruz rigs) out there tear down anything that gets built up and resembles a jump. every time i built something up (which they left some, that if you go you will notice), they would tear it down. bunch of pussies that XC w/ dual crown dh rigs..

it's all single track, that fortunately descends. thats about it.

ive been building a new line out there..

Posted: Aug 19, 2011 at 17:40 Quote
DRASTIC wrote:
enorbz wrote:

there is nothing 'rad' in pleasanton. all the 'dh' guys (old 40yr men w/ $7k santa cruz rigs) out there tear down anything that gets built up and resembles a jump. every time i built something up (which they left some, that if you go you will notice), they would tear it down. bunch of pussies that XC w/ dual crown dh rigs..

Yes I am aware haha DRASTIC, your the same guy I met b4 and we have had arguments on Ride SFO, Truth is you and your buddy can't build for shit end of dicussion haha

Posted: Aug 19, 2011 at 19:12 Quote
enorbz wrote:
DRASTIC wrote:
enorbz wrote:

Yes I am aware haha DRASTIC, your the same guy I met b4 and we have had arguments on Ride SFO, Truth is you and your buddy can't build for shit end of dicussion haha
im going to have to agree with enorbz, that is if ur the guy who RUINED the flow of a certain part of trail up there that was off camber and steep, by putting a SLOW uphill right handed berm...thanks for your effort, but stop! if u want to change something why dont you go to those 40yr olds (who by the way built most of the trails up there, and who probably rip faster than you any how) and ask them if you can build on it, so it doesnt get torn down!

Posted: Aug 19, 2011 at 19:16 Quote
zach1441 wrote:
enorbz wrote:
DRASTIC wrote:

im going to have to agree with enorbz, that is if ur the guy who RUINED the flow of a certain part of trail up there that was off camber and steep, by putting a SLOW uphill right handed berm...thanks for your effort, but stop! if u want to change something why dont you go to those 40yr olds (who by the way built most of the trails up there, and who probably rip faster than you any how) and ask them if you can build on it, so it doesnt get torn down!
+ 1, finally someone on these forums has common sense haha

Posted: Aug 19, 2011 at 20:04 Quote
zach1441 wrote:
enorbz wrote:
DRASTIC wrote:

no idea on what uphill right handed berm you speak of. wasn't me though. i didn't add a single jump out there that would have affected the original line as it was.

my efforts on front 9 stopped, kus that trail is garbage. blown out berms. a few log jumps, and the lower 1/4 of the trail is so erroded it's nothing but gravel. and i laugh at anyone that thinks its anything but subpar single track xc line.

i got new lines being built elsewhere on that ridge...double wide track so you can actually carry speed, berms taller than 6" that you will actually be able to get on and ride. jumps that dont consist of patting some dirt onto a downed log. you know...fun stuff. sad i cant ask anyone to lend a hand, because if the old fellas figure out whats up, theyll just chop em down. Rolleyes

i know and have ridden w/ several of those 40yr old riders. they are the reason why the trails dont contain a jump any larger than a foot tall. it's kus they can't jump. they sure do all have nice rigs. dont mean they can ride.

Posted: Aug 19, 2011 at 20:11 Quote
enorbz wrote:
DRASTIC wrote:
enorbz wrote:

im sorry. i wouldn't want to add anything larger than below my knee so you puss cakes can actually ride.
if i built any jump larger, you and the rest of the guys would have a heart attack going down it. not that F9 is worth building up on, anyways. new trails being built elsewhere that are better flowing, faster, wider, and funner, anyways.

and talk about building...you quote-on-quote 'built' those switch back berms, which may be the poorest excuse of berms i've come across. enjoy riding your fr/dh rigs down a xc trail.

Posted: Aug 19, 2011 at 20:12 Quote
DRASTIC wrote:
enorbz wrote:
DRASTIC wrote:

im sorry. i wouldn't want to add anything larger than below my knee so you puss cakes can actually ride.
if i built any jump larger, you and the rest of the guys would have a heart attack going down it. not that F9 is worth building up on, anyways. new trails being built elsewhere that are better flowing, faster, wider, and funner, anyways.

and talk about building...you quote-on-quote 'built' those switch back berms, which may be the poorest excuse of berms i've come across. enjoy riding your fr/dh rigs down a xc trail.
Dude I love jumps and I guarantee I have hit bigger jumps then you will ever hit, its just hitting poorly built jumps its just no fun

Posted: Aug 19, 2011 at 20:25 Quote
enorbz wrote:
DRASTIC wrote:
enorbz wrote:

Dude I love jumps and I guarantee I have hit bigger jumps then you will ever hit, its just hitting poorly built jumps its just no fun

lol, now it's a matter of 'i jump bigger than you'. Rolleyes Madder

can't win, when arguing w/ an idiot like yourself lol

Posted: Aug 19, 2011 at 20:27 Quote
DRASTIC wrote:
enorbz wrote:
DRASTIC wrote:

lol, now it's a matter of 'i jump bigger than you'. Rolleyes Madder

can't win, when arguing w/ an idiot like yourself lol
idiot ehhh, Im not the one diggin jumps all over trail thats not meant for jumps 1. Its on Private Property and 2. It ruins the flow of the trail, but you guys obviously are new to Mountain biking and dont know how to flow or let alone carry speed, know when to pedal, or simply ride a bike with any steeze or flow at all

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013832
Mobile Version of Website