Trail Conditions for Calgarians

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Trail Conditions for Calgarians
O+
Posted: May 29, 2019 at 5:57 Quote
shenyyc wrote:
west Bragg some mud bogs the rest really dry.

Same yesterday afterwork on Jumpingpound loop.
Upper almost all dry, lower has a few boggy stretches.
Fine riding overall.

Posted: May 29, 2019 at 18:05 Quote
Fernie timber chair is closed all summer. So before paying fifty seven dollars for waiting on the elk chair, be aware.

Posted: May 30, 2019 at 8:29 Quote
Does anybody know if you can bike up/down the sunshine ski-out road in the summer? I know it's not exactly mountain biking, but curious if it would be an option for gravel bikes.

O+
Posted: May 30, 2019 at 17:45 Quote
Ricter wrote:
Does anybody know if you can bike up/down the sunshine ski-out road in the summer? I know it's not exactly mountain biking, but curious if it would be an option for gravel bikes.

Not sure about that.... You might want to email Sunshine with that question.
I remember the days before the gondola and going up that road in school buses. We would always try to ride in the back of the bus for the roughest and most random ride!
https://www.skibanff.com/explore/equipment-restrictions
This page doesn't seem to cover the off season.

Was out on Brickburn and East slopes today. Mostly dry and a few soppy areas that were easy to get around.
Beauty day to ride.

O+
Posted: May 30, 2019 at 22:32 Quote
tgreid wrote:
Fernie timber chair is closed all summer. So before paying fifty seven dollars for waiting on the elk chair, be aware.

I'm planning on the Rockies pass, midweek riding at Fernie isn't too bad for lift lines and kho runs all the way into end of September on fri-sun. Early bird is only 280 ish so if you can get out more than 5 times in 3 months its the best bet in my opinion.

On that note, I also understand Revy is open to mtb this summer, gondola up and a 7km climb to get to the top of the 15km blue flow trail. Obviously not as established as other resorts but pretty cool to see them venturing into lift access riding in the summer.

O+
Posted: May 31, 2019 at 8:03 Quote
Rode Family Guy and SHAFT on Wednesday. Aside from a TINY bit of snow at the top of SHAFT, both trails were in prime condition.

Posted: May 31, 2019 at 8:28 Quote
Minewanka was running awesome

Posted: May 31, 2019 at 8:50 Quote
GambinoSX wrote:
Rode Family Guy and SHAFT on Wednesday. Aside from a TINY bit of snow at the top of SHAFT, both trails were in prime condition.

No snow remaining yesterday (Thursday) just some soft patches between top and lower entrance, then primo. Heard that T-Dub is also good.

Posted: May 31, 2019 at 12:55 Quote
fargle wrote:
GambinoSX wrote:

No snow remaining yesterday (Thursday) just some soft patches between top and lower entrance, then primo. Heard that T-Dub is also good.
how deep is the creek crossing?

O+
Posted: May 31, 2019 at 13:28 Quote
brianl wrote:
fargle wrote:
GambinoSX wrote:

how deep is the creek crossing?

I'd say it's about a foot deep or so. Deep enough to get your shoes wet, but not much else. After the hot ride though, it sure felt nice!

O+
Posted: Jun 1, 2019 at 15:38 Quote
Riverview-Pnuema-Shaft from Ing's. Excellent! Pneuma between Hwy 66 and SS has a few minor wet patches, but that's it. Canyon Creek rideable- flowing clear at about 25 cm deep, mid-day.

Posted: Jun 1, 2019 at 17:28 Quote
First ride since a doctor mandated time away from the bike (well, he said I could ride in a full face helmet, but after trying some XC with it on once eh no), and I am completely blown away by the work that was done to the West Bragg parking lot! Gorgeous work; kudos to those responsible for encouraging the work and getting it done. It was super weird to not have a ton of dust caked on the car while leaving.

Lot wasn't even that full, although it seems to be like treble the old cap. And they were all on Bragging Rights riding in the opposite direction as I it seemed Facepalm

A great day. Did the BR-Reconnect-Long Distance loop and other than isolated mud patches its dry and dusty.

Posted: Jun 1, 2019 at 22:27 Quote
Bilirubin5 wrote:
I am completely blown away by the work that was done to the West Bragg parking lot! Gorgeous work; kudos to those responsible for encouraging the work and getting it done. It was super weird to not have a ton of dust caked on the car while leaving.

yes, not having dust on your car is much better than putting the 3 million dollars that Alberta parks spent on the parking lot into trails instead.

Posted: Jun 1, 2019 at 22:32 Quote
tgreid wrote:
Bilirubin5 wrote:
I am completely blown away by the work that was done to the West Bragg parking lot! Gorgeous work; kudos to those responsible for encouraging the work and getting it done. It was super weird to not have a ton of dust caked on the car while leaving.

yes, not having dust on your car is much better than putting the 3 million dollars that Alberta parks spent on the parking lot into trails instead.
Dude, I clearly know nothing about what was involved in the expansion or what else went on politically being out of the sport at the time. The changes were shocking. I was making a joke with the dust comment.

O+
Posted: Jun 2, 2019 at 21:01 Quote
tgreid wrote:
Bilirubin5 wrote:

That lot was needed.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.056870
Mobile Version of Website