Powered by Outside

The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
The 100% Trek Slash forum: Posts, Comments, Questions and More.
Posted: Jul 6, 2016 at 21:25 Quote
And quoting is your fourth...

Posted: Jul 7, 2016 at 8:25 Quote
yamahawarrior wrote:
I recently flipped the mino link chip on my 2014 slash 27.5. I changed the rear tire to a slaughter grid the front is the bontrager team issue se4. I have ridden the bike in this configuration for the past 3 rides and love it. I feel the bike climb slightly better on the last 2 rides. I am also going down rough rocky trails faster than i have ever done before. This last ride my dumb ass dropped the travel on the fork and put the fork and shock in the trail mode for the climb. On the way down i forgot to to put the fork in the full travel mode, but I put the shock and fork in descend mode and flew faster than any down hill section I have ever road on any bike.

Safe to say i do not miss the slack mode on the bike and will probably only return it to slack mode if I hit a shuttle day or chair lift day.

To be fair and make a correct judgment I still need to ride the same trails in the slack mode.

Flip the link and give it a try if you already have not

I always run the Slash in high mode as it rides better, low feels sluggish and weaker pedal efficieny. Better seat angle for climbs as well

Posted: Jul 8, 2016 at 6:40 Quote
photo

Sold my 2015 Slash 9.8 frame to a friend. A little bit over a year after owning it, he sends me this... The frame was never abused while under my ownership and my friend says he never wrecked or abused it either. "Happened in a high speed corner, front wheel twisted under me and sent me over the bars. No serious impact that I could tell. Really not sure what caused it!"

Just wondering if anyone else has seen or heard of this happening with the Slash frame.

Posted: Jul 8, 2016 at 9:26 Quote
dirtworks911 wrote:
photo

Sold my 2015 Slash 9.8 frame to a friend. A little bit over a year after owning it, he sends me this... The frame was never abused while under my ownership and my friend says he never wrecked or abused it either. "Happened in a high speed corner, front wheel twisted under me and sent me over the bars. No serious impact that I could tell. Really not sure what caused it!"

Just wondering if anyone else has seen or heard of this happening with the Slash frame.
Looks like a stack from the top tube flair?

Posted: Jul 8, 2016 at 12:58 Quote
enduroFactory wrote:
dirtworks911 wrote:
photo

Looks like a stack from the top tube flair?

I was just riding along when.........

Posted: Aug 2, 2016 at 14:45 Quote
So what are you guys thoughts on the new Slash 29??

Posted: Aug 3, 2016 at 5:35 Quote
Foxy87 wrote:
So what are you guys thoughts on the new Slash 29??

Top tier race weapon

Posted: Aug 3, 2016 at 11:28 Quote
Curious if it would also work as a do it all bike like my Slash 9.8 2015. means bike park, tour/trail, endurorace and downhill...

The 9.8 looks sick in black, but the components, like the brakes (Guide R) are just a joke!

O+
Posted: Aug 3, 2016 at 12:14 Quote
It honestly looks like a bike that I'd get after I owned 3 other bikes. Not heavy enough to serve as a dedicated beat down shuttle rig, not sprightly enough to be a fun trail/am bike. The head angle is probably going to feel cumbersome unless you're at high speed.

It looks like it's meant to be a badass enduro weapon and nothing else. I guess that's the point

Posted: Aug 3, 2016 at 13:01 Quote
The headangle is the same as my 2015 Slash...?

O+
Posted: Aug 3, 2016 at 14:30 Quote
Yeah but the wheel size is different. I felt my remedy 29er at a 67.5 degree HTA feels roughly similar to the 27.5 wheel on my 2015/16 slash. The big wheels on the 2017 will make it handle closer to a 64ish HTA 27.5 bike.

Posted: Aug 4, 2016 at 5:36 Quote
On paper it's a slash275 but sized up a fraction to fit 29r wheels and dropped BB a touch.

Early feedback I've seen is how well it rides on normal XC/flow trails

New slash29 gains/loses vs slash275
Both large in High setting

Wheelbase +15mm
Chainstay +/- 0
Reach +0.3mm
Stack +33mm
BBH -0.7mm

O+
Posted: Aug 4, 2016 at 18:15 Quote
2017 Trek Slash
A horrible pick of my friend taking the 2017 Slash out for a spin @ Trek World.

Posted: Aug 5, 2016 at 4:17 Quote
trocksmooth wrote:
2017 Trek Slash
A horrible pick of my friend taking the 2017 Slash out for a spin @ Trek World.

And what were his thoughts?

Looks pretty bike park friendly to me...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018510
Mobile Version of Website