Powered by Outside

2016 Stumpjumper

PB Forum :: Specialized
2016 Stumpjumper
Posted: Jun 18, 2016 at 2:41 Quote
photo
Picked up mine 2 weeks ago and could not be happier, Looked at several different bikes but the SJ was the one that fit the best and came in this cool blue tint over carbon.

Posted: Jun 23, 2016 at 11:21 Quote
Selling mine: https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2003179/

Had my bosses buddy borrow it, he didnt seem to crash it,(no usuall suspect scratches on bar or levers) but it came back with some big scraches on the seatstay and a paint chip on the seat tube. I'm not very happy with this, and will just suck it up and sell. Priced to move with aftermarket extras. 4k or reasonable and its yours.

Posted: Jun 27, 2016 at 18:03 Quote
Hey guys I have a rear thru-axle question/issue

Just upgraded from the stock lowest level Roval wheelset. New rear wheel is a Stan's Arch/Industry Nine Torch Classic Hub in 12x142.

After upgrading the threaded thru-axle isn't completely threading as far as it used to, leaving 2-3 threads exposed. I measured the I9 hub and its 142mm as it should be. What's going on and is it safe to ride like this? Before and most other

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160627/a2d211345763bfbd058332e0aa45cfbd.jpg
If anyone has the "comp" bike with aftermarket hubs would you mind posting a picture of the drive side end of the thru-axle so I can gauge if mine is indeed okay? Thanks

O+
Posted: Jun 27, 2016 at 18:11 Quote
specialized uses a 142+ rear end which is a tad wider than 142 as long as that axle is tight and your shifting is solid run it

O+
Posted: Jun 29, 2016 at 18:28 Quote
snowtrooperjr wrote:
specialized uses a 142+ rear end which is a tad wider than 142 as long as that axle is tight and your shifting is solid run it

I thought 142+ was Spesh moving the cassette outward 2mm to improve chain line in the lower gears.

Posted: Jul 13, 2016 at 4:46 Quote
After months of research I pulled the trigger on the 2016 stumpy elite 650 B and loving it so far. I am glad I decided to go for the large frame vs the medium . It rocks! I tried both sizes. Apparently the new line of sizes fit smaller.

O+
Posted: Jul 13, 2016 at 7:17 Quote
Anyone happen to know max tire size you can use on the frame of the 650b (not fattie)? My previous stumpy didn't even like margy (magic mary) 2.35s... I'd like to run those or even a 2.8 Nobby Nic (more like a 2.6).

Posted: Jul 21, 2016 at 11:03 Quote
Im running the Maxxis DHR2 Wide trail in 2.4 it measures 2.41mm and my Magic Mary measures 2.44mm I've got lots of tire clearance between the chainstays and tire.
powderturns wrote:
Anyone happen to know max tire size you can use on the frame of the 650b (not fattie)? My previous stumpy didn't even like margy (magic mary) 2.35s... I'd like to run those or even a 2.8 Nobby Nic (more like a 2.6).

O+
Posted: Jul 23, 2016 at 15:28 Quote
Anyone else having trouble keeping spoke tension on the traverse fattie sl carbon wheels? I have a set of 29ers on my stumpy and I have to tighten a number of rear spokes every 3 to 4 rides, and I've had 5+ spokes pull through the nipples mid-ride and a bunch have broken. Wondering if anyone has tried running a thicker gauged spoke or replacing the alloy nipples with brass? Thanks for the help and advice!

Posted: Aug 21, 2016 at 15:45 Quote
axxman wrote:
photo
Picked up mine 2 weeks ago and could not be happier, Looked at several different bikes but the SJ was the one that fit the best and came in this cool blue tint over carbon.

I have one of those blue ones Its bizzarre in the sun you see the fibres when its ot sunny the colour seems to be solid...what a great idea

Posted: Aug 29, 2016 at 12:54 Quote
Picked this up 3 weeks ago. It is a big change from the road bike. Pretty happy with the purchase.

Mt. Pisgah North View

Posted: Nov 5, 2016 at 17:35 Quote
I just came across this thread and it's great. A couple months ago I purchased my stumpy, a 27.5 comp. My first high-end bike. Since then I've done quit a bunch of upgrades, including a 1x w/ race face turbine crank, 32t chain ring, jag wire cables, pro taper bars, odi grips, and renthal 50mm stem. Set of wheels and 11 speed are next. Since I've had it I've improved on my riding skills in every way. Couldn't have made a better purchase. http://m.pinkbike.com/photo/14116199/

Posted: Nov 24, 2016 at 7:55 Quote
Hi,
Here's my new ride Smile

Custom stumpy stickers
Custom stumpy
Custom stumpy II

Posted: Nov 24, 2016 at 19:28 Quote
After two seasons on my 2016 Stumpjumper 650B Elite, it looks like my rear wheel is beat up and is not fixable. What are you guys replacing the stock wheels with? I was looking at the STANS ZTR FLOW MK3 wheelset as an option but they look much heavier than the stock Rovals

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.027609
Mobile Version of Website