Powered by Outside

Mondraker Owners Thread

PB Forum :: Other
Mondraker Owners Thread
Posted: Jul 14, 2020 at 15:30 Quote
Did you figure out what is causing the noise? I have a 2020 Foxy Carbon 29 R and while I love the bike, the noise going dowhill is frustrating.

Jeeper1704 wrote:
Just picked up a Mondraker Foxy Carbon 29 R, and absolutely love the thing!
I wasn't overly impressed with the component grouping, SRAM NX Eagle when all the marketing photos clearly show GX, but I figure I can upgrade with time. Not too sure about the OnOff components either. The handelbar, grips, and stem will be the first to go.

However, I do have a question, 2 rides in now and I'm getting a clunk sound from the rear end on ledge drops or rapid rocky technical descents. I actually think it's coming from the OnOff dropper post when I have it fully dropped. Any body else have this issue?

I've checked all the bolts, pivots, brake, and rear derailleur and none are loose. TIA!

photo

photo

Posted: Jul 15, 2020 at 7:08 Quote
I had the same issue, I absolutely love my Mondraker, definitely swapped out bars stem and grips, and had to put some 4 piston brakes in there. That bike is too fast for 2. Got rid of that seatpost too.

But I also get that harsh clank on real chunky stuff of big hits. I read some reviews on how ineffective the chain stay protector is, and can produce a loud harsh clack, but it doesn’t sound like that to me. I thought maybe it had come from the linkage.

Interested to see if you guys figure it out.

Posted: Jul 17, 2020 at 19:42 Quote
Hi,

I have a 2017 Dune XR, alu version. Anyone knows what is the max insertion length for a seatpost?
Wondering if I can use Crankbrothers Highline 7 170mm?

thanks

Posted: Jul 28, 2020 at 12:35 Quote
OoB4K3RoO wrote:
Kedlestone wrote:
OoB4K3RoO wrote:

have they changed any of the geo since the last ally mandraker? I've got a 2015 one, and looking at upgrading my frame, not sure what to yet, but I do love mandrakers
here's what im currently riding
Bikes

Not sure on the geometry dimensions of the 2015 models. Best bet is to check their web site which has all the current geometry. Looks wise they are very similar.

You don’t happen to ride at Decend bike park? Pretty sure I saw a 2015 model whilst I was up there earlier in the year. Don’t see many about.

yeah Ill check it at some point, no I don't, I would like to go at some point along with dyfi

Currently waiting for the next Summum also, Geo is the same from the 15/16 model to present but some changes have been made to linkage bolts and bearings.

Can I ask what your Summum rides like with the longer stem? I have the on/off 20mm still and may look at a slightly longer stem. Medium size with a 6mm works headsets ‘stretchset’ at 175cm.

Thanks

Posted: Jul 31, 2020 at 11:43 Quote
Winny87 wrote:
OoB4K3RoO wrote:
Kedlestone wrote:

Not sure on the geometry dimensions of the 2015 models. Best bet is to check their web site which has all the current geometry. Looks wise they are very similar.

You don’t happen to ride at Decend bike park? Pretty sure I saw a 2015 model whilst I was up there earlier in the year. Don’t see many about.

yeah Ill check it at some point, no I don't, I would like to go at some point along with dyfi

Currently waiting for the next Summum also, Geo is the same from the 15/16 model to present but some changes have been made to linkage bolts and bearings.

Can I ask what your Summum rides like with the longer stem? I have the on/off 20mm still and may look at a slightly longer stem. Medium size with a 6mm works headsets ‘stretchset’ at 175cm.

Thanks

I have to say mine rides great from factory. Mines XL and I’m 6ft 5. I know many taller riders opt for longer stems but mine feels good so far. I’ve not been out on it as much as I would have liked with most local bike parks closed till recently, so I may have a better idea once I’ve put a few more miles in. It’s very predictable in the air and through the rock gardens.

Posted: Aug 10, 2020 at 7:07 Quote
is the dune discontinued for 2021?

Posted: Aug 10, 2020 at 13:42 Quote
Tougelude wrote:
is the dune discontinued for 2021?

Yes, sadly...

IMO the Superfoxy should've been a Dune 29

I've just realized that there aren't any trail bikes on 27.5" wheels (as the new summum has 27.5 option) for 2021...

Posted: Aug 11, 2020 at 20:24 Quote
sraina wrote:
Did you figure out what is causing the noise? I have a 2020 Foxy Carbon 29 R and while I love the bike, the noise going dowhill is frustrating.

Jeeper1704 wrote:
Just picked up a Mondraker Foxy Carbon 29 R, and absolutely love the thing!
I wasn't overly impressed with the component grouping, SRAM NX Eagle when all the marketing photos clearly show GX, but I figure I can upgrade with time. Not too sure about the OnOff components either. The handelbar, grips, and stem will be the first to go.

However, I do have a question, 2 rides in now and I'm getting a clunk sound from the rear end on ledge drops or rapid rocky technical descents. I actually think it's coming from the OnOff dropper post when I have it fully dropped. Any body else have this issue?

I've checked all the bolts, pivots, brake, and rear derailleur and none are loose. TIA!

photo

photo

Mine was the cables slapping in the downtube. I got some foam cable liner and ran it over the cables in the downtube. Problem solved. It took forever to figure out what the issue was, it definitely did not sound like cable slap, but that's what it was.

Posted: Aug 12, 2020 at 23:27 Quote
Jeeper1704 wrote:

Mine was the cables slapping in the downtube. I got some foam cable liner and ran it over the cables in the downtube. Problem solved. It took forever to figure out what the issue was, it definitely did not sound like cable slap, but that's what it was.

this is good to know!

first ride on my foxy 29 carbon last night and was getting this clunk noise too, did sound like it was coming from the downtube area

swapping out the codes for some m8020 xt 4 pots tonight, will get a few pics of the build

Posted: Sep 4, 2020 at 4:48 Quote
Here is my bike with some latest upgrade :

- EXT Storia in the back to replace the Fox Float X : so much better ! more capable in rough terrain and I can hit bit stuff in the bikepark without any worry.
- Magura MT7 : it saves me a lot a energy in the hands compared to the Sram Guide RS.

I'm having so much fun with the mullet Big Grin

photo

Posted: Sep 6, 2020 at 8:38 Quote
I've got an '18 Foxy Carbon R (27.5). As I'm planning some upgrades, I'm considering going for the mullet. Has anyone tried it on a 27.5 Foxy? If so, any reviews or tips?

Posted: Sep 25, 2020 at 11:44 Quote
I have a 2018 Dune XR with a 170mm F36. I was thinking about lowering the fork to 160mm to see how it rides. Any thoughts, or have any of you all ridden a Dune with a 160mm. I just removed the DHX2 and installed an X2 because I was sick and tired of bottoming out on everything. And yes, I tried a few different weight coils and also the MRP progressive coil, and nothing would keep that bike from bottoming out.

Posted: Oct 8, 2020 at 22:47 Quote
Bottlerocketeur wrote:
Here is my bike with some latest upgrade :

- EXT Storia in the back to replace the Fox Float X : so much better ! more capable in rough terrain and I can hit bit stuff in the bikepark without any worry.
- Magura MT7 : it saves me a lot a energy in the hands compared to the Sram Guide RS.

I'm having so much fun with the mullet Big Grin

photo

How is the bike as a mullet? Is the BB not too high? I have the same bike and was thinking to change to 29er Foxy R.

Thanks man

John

Posted: Oct 10, 2020 at 0:26 Quote
The Dune has been discontinued for 2021, but I am struggling to find any real world photos or informatin about the 2020 models too. I have seen a release article showing a bike with grey at the bottom and red along the top tube which I thought was 2020 but it does not appear on the mondraker website. The same for other models higher up the range.
I am wondering - did the 2020 MY Dunes ever make it to production? Has anyone seen one/bought one?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019290
Mobile Version of Website