Powered by Outside

Forbidden Druid

PB Forum :: Other
Forbidden Druid
O+
Posted: May 16, 2024 at 2:37 Quote
mrtrinh wrote:
Being 5'7 with +2" ape index would you guys recommend me a s1 or s2? Would be going full 29."

Previously I was on M sb130lr and I was fine.

I’m 5’5” and got Druid v2 in S2

O+
Posted: May 16, 2024 at 2:38 Quote
mrtrinh wrote:
Being 5'7 with +2" ape index would you guys recommend me a s1 or s2? Would be going full 29."

I’m 5’5” and I ride the Druid V2 in S2

O+
Posted: May 16, 2024 at 2:41 Quote
mrtrinh wrote:

I’m 5’5” and I ride the Druid V2 in S2

Posted: May 17, 2024 at 12:33 Quote
Should rename this to the "Forbidden Druid Sizing" thread.

Curious what people are running for suspension setup. I have been seesawing a bit between setups and cant seem to find a consistently good performing comfortable setup.

Post your suspension brand F/R, body weight, PSI or spring rate + preload turns / Sag % / , # volume spacers, and clicks (from fully closed is standard across any industry that uses suspension, state if you count from full open, full closed, or new rockshox has "from middle")

163lbs
Lyrik ULT 150
72psi 18% sag
HSC -1 LSC -4 (from mid/0) Reb 9
no volume spacers

Stock RS SD ULT
175psi 33% sag
SD HSC -1 LSC -1 (from mid/0) Reb 8
no volume spacers

I've tried every PSI between 170-180 and 30%-35%, measured sag with a caliper, and I set sag the same way every time and I check it every ride. Bracketed the clickers, have not gone stiffer then 0 on the clickers, -1 seems to be the best spot for HSC. I've clanged off the bottom out maybe a handful of times, not enough to put any spacers in it.

Its either too harsh for casual riding and I have to ride like my life depends on it, or its too soft and feels like its stuck in marshmallows.

Posted: May 17, 2024 at 19:06 Quote
Sounds like you need a coil! Admittedly I didn’t tinker much with the air shock, but I felt similar to what you are describing.

Posted: May 17, 2024 at 19:24 Quote
Try this: use volume spacers (50% to start and go up if needed) and run slightly less sag (28-30%) for your air shock. Also, use tokens in your fork.

jray152 wrote:

Curious what people are running for suspension setup. I have been seesawing a bit between setups and cant seem to find a consistently good performing comfortable setup.

Post your suspension brand F/R, body weight, PSI or spring rate + preload turns / Sag % / , # volume spacers, and clicks (from fully closed is standard across any industry that uses suspension, state if you count from full open, full closed, or new rockshox has "from middle")

163lbs
Lyrik ULT 150
72psi 18% sag
no volume spacers

Stock RS SD ULT
175psi 33% sag
no volume spacers

I've tried every PSI between 170-180 and 30%-35%, measured sag with a caliper, and I set sag the same way every time and I check it every ride. Bracketed the clickers, have not gone stiffer then 0 on the clickers, -1 seems to be the best spot for HSC. I've clanged off the bottom out maybe a handful of times, not enough to put any spacers in it.

Its either too harsh for casual riding and I have to ride like my life depends on it, or its too soft and feels like its stuck in marshmallows.

Posted: May 17, 2024 at 20:48 Quote
cazoo28 wrote:
Try this: use volume spacers (50% to start and go up if needed) and run slightly less sag (28-30%) for your air shock. Also, use tokens in your fork.

jray152 wrote:

163lbs
Lyrik ULT 150
72psi 18% sag
no volume spacers

Stock RS SD ULT
175psi 33% sag
no volume spacers

It’s either too harsh for casual riding and I have to ride like my life depends on it, or its too soft and feels like its stuck in marshmallows.

I started with 1 volume spacer in both the shock and fork and took them out shortly after. I tried less sag and I ended up with the compression fully open and there was too much feedback through the air spring.

Posted: May 17, 2024 at 20:48 Quote
I wanna hear about other peoples experience with set up and what they’ve settled on for settings.

O+
Posted: May 24, 2024 at 12:04 Quote
jray152 wrote:
I wanna hear about other peoples experience with set up and what they’ve settled on for settings.
Have you tried contacting Forbidden directly? They are usually pretty good with providing suspension setup feedback.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008579
Mobile Version of Website