a couple times a week either from learing something new or a hangover

Posted: Sep 29, 2008 at 17:18 Quote
only had one really bad carsh other than that i just slid out or something

Posted: Sep 29, 2008 at 17:19 Quote
dirtjumper51 wrote:
only had one really bad carsh other than that i just slid out or something
please tell

Posted: Sep 29, 2008 at 17:27 Quote
did a hip transfer and tore my acl and meniscus and had to get surgery on my knee

Posted: Sep 29, 2008 at 17:27 Quote
i hit a jump onto a ladder bridge and , went off the side and hit my forehead off a root, woke up in my bed the next morning with a huge scrape on my face and no idea what happened.i couldnt remember the whole second half of that day. Strangest feeling ever. i got a full face after that

Posted: Sep 29, 2008 at 17:29 Quote
Fall regularly cause I'm f*cking crazy.
Not really. I fall because I'm learning.

Posted: Sep 29, 2008 at 17:59 Quote
My bad whipeouts always seem to be retarded, like undergaping a jump, boosting as hard as I could to make up for it and then landing front wheel flat. I was out of biking and rugby for like two weeks.

Posted: Sep 29, 2008 at 23:57 Quote
I almost ate shit 2 days ago, we were having a little weekend of jumping gaps and riding DH, and I was jumping over a creek bed to get a good sequence photo... anyway, the run up is pretty rough, and I don't have a chain device/guide on my bike (yet). So I'm bombing down the runup and about 8 feet from the jump I feel that the cranks are suddenly really easy to spin and I don't gain any speed from them. I'm not going fast enough to clear the jump, but I'm going wayy too fast to turn or hit the brakes, if I did I would just go down into the creek bed and bone myself against the opposite wall. I did the biggest f*cking bunnyhop EVER off the lip of the jump and just BARELY cleared the gap, my rear tire cased the landing (thankfully it was sort of soft and didn't break anything).

I am getting a chain guide, like, tomorrow. lol

Posted: Sep 30, 2008 at 0:04 Quote
I fall all the time... I ride mostly xc/am and always do trails that are above my level, but I'm getting better really quickly. On Dakota Ridge in Morrison, CO yesterday I ate it and landed on my fingers/right brake lever. The brake lever is bent to sh!t and my fingers bent all the way back. I thought they were broken because I couldn't move them at all for a few minutes, but they regained feeling pretty quickly. tup

Posted: Sep 30, 2008 at 0:47 Quote
I fell hard several times last weekend because I race pinned. Just stupid mistakes really, but when you push it hard on a race run, mistakes can happen. It just sucks that my stupid little race run crash was my foot went over the berm and I couldn't stand myself back up cause I was sitting on the side of my bike.

Posted: Sep 30, 2008 at 8:22 Quote
Fell yesterday attempting to bunnyhop over a bush. Pissing about with your mates and not hopping high enough is fairly uncomfortable, I ended up falling straight into a lamppost and was like "ouch".

Wasn't too bad though. Just badly bruised my wrist and grated two of my knuckles.

Posted: Sep 30, 2008 at 14:22 Quote
OK, so I’m getting pretty old but I decide I want to start mountain biking again. I haven’t had a bike since 1988. I went out and bought a new Stumpjumper Elite with clip in pedals. I’ve never used those before so I was a little worried. I took the bike out to the desert for my first ride and after about 30 minutes I’m feeling pretty good. Everything seems to be coming back to me so I hit a small jump and the ride a short wheelie. It was so much fun I decided to go a little harder next time. I clear the jump star into a nice wheelie and get over excited I guess, I pulled the bike over completely backwards and landed on my ass HARD! So now I have a bruised rear, bruised shoulder and I tore my elbow up real nice, lost a big chunk of flesh and it is skinned and bruised as well. I think I’ll slow down and gradually build my skills back up!

Chris

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011168
Mobile Version of Website