Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Is it time for me to quit because im not getting anywhere

PB Forum :: Beginners
Is it time for me to quit because im not getting anywhere
Posted: Jun 27, 2009 at 14:01 Quote
i started bowt a year and a half ago with an xrated that was the bike that started me off and now i hav a saracen amplitude and i really am addicted 2 street wid it but i wanna do DJs but no DJs in mk (milton keynes)

Posted: Jun 27, 2009 at 14:39 Quote
You could build djs? I've beend riding and building a lot but still ride like I started a week ago..just keep at it and do it for fun not to be the best.

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 22:51 Quote
I started on POS walmart bikes. I'm glad I did. Because I learned to control those bikes and how to ride something heavy. And now I only ride a $500 Entry level XC cannondale F8 and its probably the best money I've spent. Sure its not Sub-30lbs, or has the most amazing components, But bike means absolutely nothing.

Put a good rider on a POS bike and he'll still pwn.
Put a noob rider on the most expensive bike in the world, he'll still fail.

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 22:55 Quote
zachk wrote:
I started on POS walmart bikes. I'm glad I did. Because I learned to control those bikes and how to ride something heavy. And now I only ride a $500 Entry level XC cannondale F8 and its probably the best money I've spent. Sure its not Sub-30lbs, or has the most amazing components, But bike means absolutely nothing.

Put a good rider on a POS bike and he'll still pwn.
Put a noob rider on the most expensive bike in the world, he'll still fail.
very true. its all about progession of your skill and the bikes to. you cant be pro in one week

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 23:05 Quote
If you ever want to start doing downhill also, start on a hardtail. Youll learn to control the bike so much better than if you got a fully right off the bat.
My technique improved so much from riding a hardtail at panorama, which is super gnar.
I actually got props for riding a hardtail there from the guys with $6k bikes.

Never give up though man, just keep trying and youll get it.
Watch videos and other people. Ask other bikers for help.
Took me a while to learn a wheelie too, but once you do, it just like CLICKS, and you can do wheelies really nice within like half an hour.

O+
Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 23:08 Quote
if your not getting anywhere it doesnt matter that much if you can already do some biggish stuff just keep doing it to build your confidence up plus it ttok mee 2 years to save up for my bike also ifyour a kid start doing bigger stuff the if you brake parts in a crash then your parents might pay for something

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 23:09 Quote
Augury wrote:
If you ever want to start doing downhill also, start on a hardtail. Youll learn to control the bike so much better than if you got a fully right off the bat.
My technique improved so much from riding a hardtail at panorama, which is super gnar.

Took me a while to learn a wheelie too, but once you do, it just like CLICKS, and you can do wheelies really nice within like half an hour.
once you get good on a hardtail, and you get a fully your will rip

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 23:10 Quote
It's not the destination but the journey. You don't know how you will end up, so make it fun in the now, that's why you bike right? to have fun?

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 23:20 Quote
Augury wrote:

Pano isnt that bad, I rode it on a DJ bike haha.

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 23:21 Quote
gnarkore wrote:
Augury wrote:

Depends when you go really, if it hadnt been raked in a while its pretty gnar. Did you ride lookout / insanity / bazooka joe?

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 23:29 Quote
Augury wrote:
gnarkore wrote:
Augury wrote:

Depends when you go really, if it hadnt been raked in a while its pretty gnar. Did you ride lookout / insanity / bazooka joe?

I did insanity but that was also a few years back. Yeah HT helped me a bit. But learning to throw around a big bike in the air and learn to ride big bikes fast and learn proper body placement made me smoother than from riding a HT.

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 23:33 Quote
gnarkore wrote:
Augury wrote:
gnarkore wrote:

Well yeah lol. Its just you dont want a big FS bike right off the bat. Youll just rely on the suspension to to all the work.
Eventually you need a fully to continue progressing in DH.
I did insanity but that was also a few years back. Yeah HT helped me a bit. But learning to throw around a big bike in the air and learn to ride big bikes fast and learn proper body placement made me smoother than from riding a HT.

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 23:35 Quote
Augury wrote:
gnarkore wrote:
Augury wrote:

Well yeah lol. Its just you dont want a big FS bike right off the bat. Youll just rely on the suspension to to all the work.

I only rode a HT for about a year and a half. I got more confident, faster and smoother as soon as i got my first DH rig back in 05.

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 23:37 Quote
gnarkore wrote:
Augury wrote:
gnarkore wrote:

I only rode a HT for about a year and a half. I got more confident, faster and smoother as soon as i got my first DH rig back in 05.
Same with me actually Razz
I rode my HT for 1.5 seasons, then got a fully near the end of last season.
Only been biking for like 2 seasons lol.

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 0:06 Quote
Augury wrote:
gnarkore wrote:
Augury wrote:

Same with me actually Razz
I rode my HT for 1.5 seasons, then got a fully near the end of last season.
Only been biking for like 2 seasons lol.

im going on my 7th

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.041213
Mobile Version of Website