Powered by Outside

Hayes HFX 9 or Avid Juicy 5s?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Hayes HFX 9 or Avid Juicy 5s?
Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 21:56 Quote
haha juicy for sure hayes suck sorry to all the hayes fans out there but nothin compares to avid

Posted: Mar 27, 2008 at 15:42 Quote
suvlako wrote:
So you are suggesting throwing away your hydro brakes? WTF? To everyone who has posted in this thread.... Can you or can't you bleed brakes? If not, you are probably not qualified to say what is good and bad...
thenotoriousmic wrote:
suvlako you clearly dont know what your talking about shimano V brakes were the absolute bollocks at the time they were nothing around that worked anywhere near as good as them but you didnt exspect to be able to fix them you just threw them away when they wore out i.e disposable which is why i compared them to avids.

no why would i say that? how can i make it clearer for you? do you know what disposable means?

Posted: Mar 27, 2008 at 15:50 Quote
KonaShred2-4 wrote:
off topic
but can any one tell me any good cheap hydro brakes
and coment on my profile please thanks Ben X

well if you looking for second hand brakes, I hope C2s are pretty good, and they cost such a small amount.
i have a pair at the moment and i have tried both avids and hayes but i think i will be going for another set of C2s.

hope thats a bit of help

Posted: Mar 27, 2008 at 16:12 Quote
c2's where you going to get them from a museum?

Posted: Mar 27, 2008 at 16:19 Quote
I personally hate hayes 9 hydros. My buddys 9's always required maintenence and all the bolts striped on him early on. I have both a pair of Juicy carbon and hayes stroker brakes. Both work amazingly well.

O+
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 at 16:25 Quote
yep, go avid... hayes licks ass

O+
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 at 22:48 Quote
Do you do a lot of drugs? A disposable product is a product designed for cheapness and short-term convenience rather than medium to long-term durability, with most products only intended for single use. The term is also sometimes used for products that may last several months (ex. disposable air filters) to distinguish from similar products that last indefinitely (ex. washable air filters). (From Wikipedia)

thenotoriousmic wrote:
suvlako wrote:
So you are suggesting throwing away your hydro brakes? WTF? To everyone who has posted in this thread.... Can you or can't you bleed brakes? If not, you are probably not qualified to say what is good and bad...
thenotoriousmic wrote:
suvlako you clearly dont know what your talking about shimano V brakes were the absolute bollocks at the time they were nothing around that worked anywhere near as good as them but you didnt exspect to be able to fix them you just threw them away when they wore out i.e disposable which is why i compared them to avids.

no why would i say that? how can i make it clearer for you? do you know what disposable means?

Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 12:59 Quote
suvlako wrote:
Do you do a lot of drugs? A disposable product is a product designed for cheapness and short-term convenience rather than medium to long-term durability, with most products only intended for single use. The term is also sometimes used for products that may last several months (ex. disposable air filters) to distinguish from similar products that last indefinitely (ex. washable air filters). (From Wikipedia)

thenotoriousmic wrote:
suvlako wrote:

there you go.

Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 13:03 Quote
i have just swapped(from 9's to 5's) and holy shit i almost fell off my bike on the first steep section i did holy shit the front one is insane and the back is good but could be better so i am going to bleed it

Posted: Jun 15, 2008 at 3:42 Quote
trekrobert wrote:
z-man wrote:
jam135 wrote:
definetly avid 5's.have way more control.hayes hfx9 are powerful but i dont like the levers for one finger braking and there also either completly on or off.
agreed, some days they work great, others they dont at all.... and there levers do suck for 1 finger breaking, which is the way it should be done, with 1 finger

Ther not complelty on or off. No hydraulic brake is. The levers are fine just adjust them to be in the right place

no way, every hayes 9 i've tryed has been pretty crap. juicy 5's are so much better, way way way better feel to them

Posted: Jun 23, 2008 at 8:51 Quote
juicy 5! had hayes 9s on my brodie devo
didnt like them on bit so i put 5's on my new build youwont regret it tup

O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2008 at 8:59 Quote
I just got Code 5s if that counts . . well, it probably doesn't. But they're great!

Posted: Jun 23, 2008 at 15:29 Quote
i quite like my 9's now actually there working really well. they make a funny ringing / vibrating noise when i tap the disk though.

Posted: Jun 23, 2008 at 18:16 Quote
Go with Hayes HFX Mag HD. Thats that i have and its great! And the calipers are same for front and back so no complication with that. They're very well rated on mtbr. But my opinion is that hayes last longer, might not brake as hard, but still awesome. Juicys are great, but god damn do i hate those levers... so ugly and the shape is uglay imo...

Posted: Jun 24, 2008 at 8:13 Quote
Graphxxx wrote:
Go with Hayes HFX Mag HD. Thats that i have and its great! And the calipers are same for front and back so no complication with that. They're very well rated on mtbr. But my opinion is that hayes last longer, might not brake as hard, but still awesome. Juicys are great, but god damn do i hate those levers... so ugly and the shape is uglay imo...

apparently u got no time on hayes.... extreme heat fade, pain in the ass to work on, modulation is ok though, get shimano brakes or code 5's... i have both and they kick ass.. the codes are the better of the two

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012946
Mobile Version of Website