Powered by Outside

Josh Bender 100ft

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Josh Bender 100ft
Posted: Nov 22, 2007 at 14:25 Quote
kylechs5 wrote:
in 2006 at interbike he was interviewing the marzocchi guys and he said that hes going to try a 100 foot drop to make his return into the sport

We know.

Posted: Nov 22, 2007 at 14:44 Quote
theres so much other factors to concider when your trying to figure everything out its almost never gonna be perfect conditions, things like how fast he hits the jump, wind, and other stuff like that

Posted: Nov 22, 2007 at 14:50 Quote
kylechs5 wrote:
in 2006 at interbike he was interviewing the marzocchi guys and he said that hes going to try a 100 foot drop to make his return into the sport

and the return off the super monster for the 100ft drop.

Posted: Nov 22, 2007 at 15:21 Quote
trekrules wrote:
kylechs5 wrote:

and the return off the super monster for the 100ft drop.
.. no its going to be the super shiver.

Posted: Nov 22, 2007 at 15:25 Quote
and where did you get this super shilver info from

Posted: Nov 22, 2007 at 15:30 Quote
66bomber66 wrote:
its a joke... if any thing it would have to be an inverted fork with 16 inches of travel yeah itle be flexy but it will take the hit betetr

Posted: Nov 22, 2007 at 15:43 Quote
norcohucker wrote:
He didn't even land the jah drop wich is 40foot for gods sake
\
And he broke his back on the jawdrop so if that was 55ft and this is 100 imagine, he'll like collapse into himself Lol

Posted: Nov 22, 2007 at 15:44 Quote
jesus you ^^ are a fatty idiot bender did not break his back on jah drop, he broke his back in utah, get your facts straight

Posted: Nov 22, 2007 at 15:45 Quote
theavenged wrote:
norcohucker wrote:
He didn't even land the jah drop wich is 40foot for gods sake
\
And he broke his back on the jawdrop so if that was 55ft and this is 100 imagine, he'll like collapse into himself Lol

Your wrong, he didnt break his neck on the jah drop he actualy broke it on another 40 foot drop, the jah drop is 55 feet. And the jah drop is almost a flat landing, in context of how high the drop was. Dont doubt bender he knows his shit.

O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2007 at 15:45 Quote
imbenderanisender wrote:
66bomber66 wrote:
its a joke... if any thing it would have to be an inverted fork with 16 inches of travel yeah itle be flexy but it will take the hit betetr

risse bigfoot and it has 12"

Posted: Nov 22, 2007 at 15:48 Quote
there was something about a 14'' fork from Hannebrink or something.

Posted: Nov 22, 2007 at 15:51 Quote
trekrules wrote:
there was something about a 14'' fork from Hannebrink or something.

Hannebrink LT-14

Posted: Nov 22, 2007 at 15:54 Quote
samnation wrote:
imbenderanisender wrote:
66bomber66 wrote:

risse bigfoot and it has 12"
yeah i no of that but he is going to need something a bit more then taht

Posted: Nov 22, 2007 at 15:58 Quote
It's really difficult to gauge, cuz none of us have actually seen the drop (i think). If it had a good run-in, a MASSIVE landing, and a long run-out, I'll say it's possible. Of course it's dicey, of course there is a possiblity that he could die if he cased it, but i guess the same can be said about freeride in general. It's our sport, and I think we should be supportive of people willing to take risks. Even if it does seem absurd talking about it...imagine how sick that would be if just completely rocked it.

Posted: Nov 22, 2007 at 16:05 Quote
Cove4Life wrote:
It's really difficult to gauge, cuz none of us have actually seen the drop (i think). If it had a good run-in, a MASSIVE landing, and a long run-out, I'll say it's possible. Of course it's dicey, of course there is a possiblity that he could die if he cased it, but i guess the same can be said about freeride in general. It's our sport, and I think we should be supportive of people willing to take risks. Even if it does seem absurd talking about it...imagine how sick that would be if just completely rocked it.

How do you case a drop..... enless you dont land on the landing.. but its a drop.. from an edge to a runout.. i dont think there anything to case. And at 100feet, the last thing you need worry about is casing anything.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.030749
Mobile Version of Website