DH bike under 5000

PB Forum :: Downhill
DH bike under 5000
O+
Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 15:56 Quote
odin333 wrote:

taking what you say, that would mean that every other company doesn't bother to test there frames? your just a Rocky Mountain fan boy. The real reason the flatline took so long to finally be ready for retail is because they ran into so many problems with the linkages and tubing designs on the bike, its not because they wanted to have the strongest bike, its because they couldn't figure out how to make the bike stop breaking.

there is no bike that doesn't break. maintaining it is only a small fraction. if your a 140 pound smooth rider who lands everything and takes the easiest line on a course or trail the chances of you breaking a bike are alot slimmer then a 200 pound guy who blows over everything and bottoms out his suspension constantly off of big drops.

aha, I was going to get into this, but thought against arguing with somebody who obviously is a fanboy (also judging from the countless pics he has of his "unbreakable bike" in his profile) like you said. Not to mention that this thread would go downhill then.

But all good points Odin.

also props for freerider admitting there was no proof.

O+
Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 15:58 Quote
not to mention flatline look like my supercycle after it got run over by a car, lol

note:this actually didn't happen, just a metaphor (i thinks thats what they are called)

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 16:39 Quote
ciszewski wrote:
odin333 wrote:

taking what you say, that would mean that every other company doesn't bother to test there frames? your just a Rocky Mountain fan boy. The real reason the flatline took so long to finally be ready for retail is because they ran into so many problems with the linkages and tubing designs on the bike, its not because they wanted to have the strongest bike, its because they couldn't figure out how to make the bike stop breaking.

there is no bike that doesn't break. maintaining it is only a small fraction. if your a 140 pound smooth rider who lands everything and takes the easiest line on a course or trail the chances of you breaking a bike are alot slimmer then a 200 pound guy who blows over everything and bottoms out his suspension constantly off of big drops.

aha, I was going to get into this, but thought against arguing with somebody who obviously is a fanboy (also judging from the countless pics he has of his "unbreakable bike" in his profile) like you said. Not to mention that this thread would go downhill then.

But all good points Odin.

also props for freerider admitting there was no proof.

OF course, this is not the only reason why they redesigned the frame, but I'm sure the frame got reinforced after many testing rides. yea every frame breaks, but I should have write that the breaking chances of the flatine are reduced more than others frames such as the M6...generally.

I'm not a fan of rocky mountain, yea I trust this brand and I like their products but I'm open to many others frames. You can'T judge me by the number of my bike's pictures (I admit I posted a lot but it's not like I would have posted 15 pictures of a norco manikBlank Stare ). And I was about to buy a wilson 3 (odin, you seem like you are big fan of wilsons as I could read your comments in many threads) but the flatline was cheaper si I went for it and I'm really not disappointed, and I wanna share my fellings about this amazing bike.

Dont' wanna start arguing as hell with you guys. Take it easy

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 16:42 Quote
ciszewski wrote:
not to mention flatline look like my supercycle after it got run over by a car, lol

note:this actually didn't happen, just a metaphor (i thinks thats what they are called)

somes poeple like it ,somes don't. I prefer the wilsons looking though.

O+
Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 16:45 Quote
Freeride321 wrote:
Dont' wanna start arguing as hell with you guys. Take it easy

Aha, sure thing, I have no need in having an all-out e-argument either. and yeah, sorry for bringing your pics into this, just caught my attention (I'll be taking quite a bit of pics when my build comes in).

And yeah, if you are comparing it to something like an M6, you have more than enough right to say that. but normal people bikes such as demos,wilsons, and more will be bout the same durability as a flatline.

Oh, and your flatline looks pretty nice. A LOT nicer in the silver than the gold.

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 16:53 Quote
thanks man, I'm just goin to rather think before posting facts. I actually found that the flatline's characterictics seemed to match with darkelement's riding style (wants smthing able to land sketchy landings, smthing Rigid!) so I went a bit hard on the flatline's description haha

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 17:48 Quote
The prices of Blindsides went up like crazy this year!

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 17:52 Quote
dirtjumper25 wrote:

prices of metal went up. not to mention the economy is bad, etc. isn't even a good bike from what i've read.

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 17:54 Quote
Check out mark310.pinkbike.com Its my friends brother. He just got one and its pretty looking Smile . I like it and wanted one but since the frame went up another 400 bucks, I think I might stick with Norco.

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 17:58 Quote
dirtjumper25 wrote:
Check out mark310.pinkbike.com Its my friends brother. He just got one and its pretty looking Smile . I like it and wanted one but since the frame went up another 400 bucks, I think I might stick with Norco.

his bike is nice, but i would have gone with a nicer frame for the spec list he put on it.

O+
Posted: Jan 30, 2009 at 17:58 Quote
odin333 wrote:
dirtjumper25 wrote:

prices of metal went up. not to mention the economy is bad, etc. isn't even a good bike from what i've read.

I've heard otherwise. Most of the speculations that come from it are all based on the "single pivot BS" that says they get brake jack (probably true), pedal bad(not from what i've heard, well at least not terrible), and small bump absorption under pedalling is bad (not from what i've heard). But one thing you might have heard is that it corners well.

I talked to some guys riding them at the WC, and they seemed pretty stoked about them (yeah I know its probably biased, but I couldn't tell, soo...) And I know a couple other people that have pretty good reviews on them.

But it is probably a better idea to get something more proven for the same amount of money.

Posted: Jan 31, 2009 at 15:19 Quote
[Quote="SAVAGE-RIDER"cove shockers are heavy.
[/Quote]

uhh... no....

Posted: Jan 31, 2009 at 15:27 Quote
graemeduff wrote:
SAVAGE-RIDER wrote:
cove shockers are heavy.
uhh... no....

What are you talking about? They are one of the heaviest mainstream DH frames out right now.

Posted: Jan 31, 2009 at 15:28 Quote
runner wrote:
graemeduff wrote:
SAVAGE-RIDER wrote:
cove shockers are heavy.
uhh... no....

What are you talking about? They are one of the heaviest mainstream DH frames out right now.
who the hell cares? there strong right?..then weight is nothing

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011136
Mobile Version of Website