Official Kamloops thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Kamloops thread
O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2022 at 9:50 Quote
Poachninja wrote:
Gramboh , stuntcok here from tgr, and I’d love to join you guys for sun peaks and Harper. I can help with the shuttles.

Dude, what's up? Long time no see. Sorry I forgot I even posted in here until getting back from the trip last week.

You guys were right about Harper. I actually drove up the shuttle road 90% of the way to the top in my XC60 stock no problem, it has enough clearance, but it was slow AF. Even my buddy's 4-Runner took a long time with all the holes. Second and third lap we just pedaled up from the ski hill which is waaaay faster than shuttling. Awesome trails there though.

We skipped Pineview for Greenstone on recommendation of a friend and it was great. Sun Peaks was awesome too, the tech trails are awesome as are the new jump lines. And zero lines, for half the price of Whistler. Will be back next year.

Posted: Oct 14, 2022 at 21:29 Quote
What’s the ideal route to peddle Big Horn in batch? Starting more on the north or south side? Thanks!

O+
Posted: Oct 15, 2022 at 6:39 Quote
Kmcbrat wrote:
What’s the ideal route to peddle Big Horn in batch? Starting more on the north or south side? Thanks!

Accessing it from either Naked Pistol or Shady Glen is best. Definitely flows best if you start with the big climb and end with the long descent. That way after you exit Big Horn you can do Sidewinder which runs best in the south to east direction.

Posted: Oct 15, 2022 at 17:36 Quote
clapforcanadaa wrote:

You can start at either parking lot (1st or 2nd). There is a third parking lot, but your bike ride would be too short.

Up Tower Classic and then down Naked Pistol to the start of Bighorn, then out via Sidewinder. Or Shady Glen if you don't feel like climbing too much (I have been riding up there for 7 years and never knew that trail existed).

Posted: Oct 16, 2022 at 17:44 Quote
Thanks I did the loop today. Definitely a good work out started on shady glen. Had a blast coming down big horn into sidewinder make the long (to me) climb well worth it

O+
Posted: Feb 5, 2023 at 9:57 Quote
Hi everyone,

Quick question.

Planning to come up to Kamloops over spring break to ski a couple days at Sun Peaks with my family. Is there good easy green and blue riding trails clear? Should I bring the bikes?

Thanks

Posted: Feb 5, 2023 at 10:30 Quote
damo wrote:
Hi everyone,

Quick question.

Planning to come up to Kamloops over spring break to ski a couple days at Sun Peaks with my family. Is there good easy green and blue riding trails clear? Should I bring the bikes?

Thanks

Spring break is pretty hit or miss here for riding bikes. I would make a game time decision on the bikes and follow mostly mental shuttles to get the latest info on the Ranch. Good luck with your trip!

Posted: Feb 22, 2023 at 17:38 Quote
hows the bike ranch looking > when does it usually open?

Posted: Feb 22, 2023 at 18:49 Quote
cyberoptixs wrote:

There was a few days of wet heavy snow with above 0 temperatures, and today it was -12. So everything is a block of ice out there. Guessing end of March?

O+
Posted: Mar 11, 2023 at 9:23 Quote
Hi all, just checking in how is the riding looking?

Will some easy trails, for my 6 and year old daughters, be clear by spring break?

Thank you
Demian

O+
Posted: Mar 12, 2023 at 7:06 Quote
damo wrote:
Hi all, just checking in how is the riding looking?

Will some easy trails, for my 6 and year old daughters, be clear by spring break?

Thank you
Demian

Possible, but unlikely. Batch will be the first to open, but it’s still quite wet. We’ve had lots of Warner, dry weather as of late, but the mid-Feb dump of snow set trail openings back by a couple weeks. The Kamloops Bike Riders Association (KBRA) is monitoring it and will be sure to post an update as soon as it’s good to go.

O+
Posted: Mar 12, 2023 at 7:57 Quote
Thank you for the info.

Posted: Mar 12, 2023 at 9:54 Quote
cyberoptixs wrote:
\
The latest news on the ranch opening is April 1st...no joke. Mostly Mental Shuttles is paying close attention.

Posted: Apr 14, 2023 at 18:04 Quote
Hey y'all, cruising up that way soon. How's the snow look?

Posted: Apr 15, 2023 at 8:08 Quote
SHEESHKAH wrote:
Hey y'all, cruising up that way soon. How's the snow look?

The Kamloops Bike Ranch, Batch trails and Kenna trails are good to go. In fact, we need some rain as the Kamloops dust is already here! Anything higher up is still under snow.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.062756
Mobile Version of Website