Powered by Outside

YT Capra Owners

Posted: Dec 8, 2014 at 11:46 Quote
marco222 wrote:
I just called them up today since there was no message for my week 49 Comp1. It turned out that the mechanics doing the assembly are partly out due to the flu. Latest should wednesday for shipping if not tomorrow.

Cool, thanks, I'll check with them tomorrow.

Posted: Dec 8, 2014 at 11:50 Quote
PauBass wrote:
JamesEdmondson wrote:
PauBass wrote:

Still waiting for mine!...Week 49, I was tole it was being shipped beginning of last week, then changed to Thursday/Friday, finally I was told today for sure but so far no tracking or email dispatch received Madder

If you don't mind me asking, did you go for Gloss or Matt finish decals for the forks and shock?....Thanks!

I rang yt today as I had no email .They told me dhl picked bike up at 1.45am and I should of had email! But will take 4-5 days delivery! I ordered matt decals mate

I'll give them a call tomorrow just in case DHL didn't send me the email.

Ordering decals now Smile

Nice 1 by the way they are based in Sweden! Took over a week for mine to get here! But they told me they were waiting for material so u may get it sooner.stickers are mint quality!

Posted: Dec 8, 2014 at 12:47 Quote
martino wrote:
notphaedrus wrote:
ascphoto wrote:

My friends rear disintegrated after a month, sent off to yt, he's replaced the wheelset with hope pro2's and stans flow EX's

I had several problems, most of which other people have experienced:

The wheel dish was incorrect, so the tyre was rubbing on the chain device. Had to get wheel rebuilt
Spokes were frequently loosening
Axle was self tightening on the rear wheel
Freehub pawls failed after 4 weeks use

Me too. Pawls packed in after a after a few weeks... then the free-hub stopped spinning freely causing chain problems... then the bearings packed in. I sent my rear wheel back and replaced it with a Hope (which reminds me, I’ve still not heard anything back on my warranty claim. Must chase them up).

My advice: do not use your ethirteen wheels. Sell them while they are still new to some poor mug who is more interested in aesthetics than function. Use the cash to by Hope's or some other decent alternative.

Sounds like a plan! Always got on with hopes! What are they worth then you recon!

Posted: Dec 8, 2014 at 14:01 Quote
FODFotos wrote:
martino wrote:
notphaedrus wrote:

I had several problems, most of which other people have experienced:

The wheel dish was incorrect, so the tyre was rubbing on the chain device. Had to get wheel rebuilt
Spokes were frequently loosening
Axle was self tightening on the rear wheel
Freehub pawls failed after 4 weeks use

Me too. Pawls packed in after a after a few weeks... then the free-hub stopped spinning freely causing chain problems... then the bearings packed in. I sent my rear wheel back and replaced it with a Hope (which reminds me, I’ve still not heard anything back on my warranty claim. Must chase them up).

My advice: do not use your ethirteen wheels. Sell them while they are still new to some poor mug who is more interested in aesthetics than function. Use the cash to by Hope's or some other decent alternative.

Sounds like a plan! Always got on with hopes! What are they worth then you recon!

I'll be sticking with the e 13! !!! As a few of my mates hav them and had no issues at all happy trails

Posted: Dec 8, 2014 at 14:28 Quote
JamesEdmondson wrote:
FODFotos wrote:
martino wrote:

I'll be sticking with the e 13! !!! As a few of my mates hav them and had no issues at all happy trails

I'm doin the same but with the first sign of any of the mentioned issues I will be returning them to yt and selling the fixed ones for some hope pro 2/ stans flows or maybe selling the hubs for some hope pro 2s. Fingers crossed I got a good set. IMO they are realy sexy. The big hub flanges and raw looking factory finish isn't for everyone but personally I love it! Still not sure whether I like the hub sound or not but I have some silent superstars on my norco and I always feel like my bike isn't as hardcore and manly as the guys with hope hubs or something similar. Now I can make up for it! Wink

Posted: Dec 8, 2014 at 15:17 Quote
lukachadwick wrote:
JamesEdmondson wrote:
FODFotos wrote:

I'm doin the same but with the first sign of any of the mentioned issues I will be returning them to yt and selling the fixed ones for some hope pro 2/ stans flows or maybe selling the hubs for some hope pro 2s. Fingers crossed I got a good set. IMO they are realy sexy. The big hub flanges and raw looking factory finish isn't for everyone but personally I love it! Still not sure whether I like the hub sound or not but I have some silent superstars on my norco and I always feel like my bike isn't as hardcore and manly as the guys with hope hubs or something similar. Now I can make up for it! Wink

I would say it's horses for courses when factory wheelsets are concerned, and definetly wouldn't assume your safe with Mavic. My set of Crossmax SX have been through two set's of bearings on the rear and a freehub in less than 6 months. They also have a habit of coming loose and introducing lateral play quite often.

As with anything, regardless of brand, sometimes friday afternoon stuff slips through....

Posted: Dec 8, 2014 at 15:27 Quote
BaconFat wrote:
rico000 wrote:
felix-da-house-mouse wrote:
needing some tyre advice guys, capra pro in enroute and I am planning on riding mainly downhill at ae/inners and enduro/secret stages and I'm looking to change the rubber straight away I have just taken delivery of a vertstar supergravity magic mary (ordered trailstar and was sent the wrong one) and was wondering whether to run that on the rear with the crossmax up front or should I save crossmax for summer and put magic mary on front with what on the rear? any recommendations welcome

I was going to Order Maxxis minion Super tacky for the front but then when my Pro arrived and I rode the crossmax I was super impressed, not sure if it's just the bike or bike and tyres but this thing is on rails.

I also really rate the crossmax front tyre which I have mixed a High Roller2 on the rear. They hook up really well, even in the gloop.
I'm saving the crossmax rear for the summer.

I was pleasantly surprised by the Mavic tyres, I was a bit worried after reading much horror stories about the rear one, but I found it pretty capable riding around a wet Afan Forest last weekend, stable in corners, fast rolling with decent grip on wet rocks.

Posted: Dec 8, 2014 at 23:18 Quote
catalanfc wrote:
BaconFat wrote:
rico000 wrote:

I was going to Order Maxxis minion Super tacky for the front but then when my Pro arrived and I rode the crossmax I was super impressed, not sure if it's just the bike or bike and tyres but this thing is on rails.

I also really rate the crossmax front tyre which I have mixed a High Roller2 on the rear. They hook up really well, even in the gloop.

I was pleasantly surprised by the Mavic tyres, I was a bit worried after reading much horror stories about the rear one, but I found it pretty capable riding around a wet Afan Forest last weekend, stable in corners, fast rolling with decent grip on wet rocks.

I agree, you need to decide for yourself and not get too worried by others opinions. A bit like this guy at BPW. He doesn't care what anyone else thinks - or even if the trail is closed! http://youtu.be/pAd3hfAygCg

Posted: Dec 9, 2014 at 0:38 Quote
JamesEdmondson wrote:
FODFotos wrote:
martino wrote:

... Yet

Posted: Dec 9, 2014 at 1:17 Quote
I had 14 ethirteen trs+ on my Bronson and had no issues with them at all, the 13 wheels were weaker however if your wheelset has a flat band at the bottom of the spokes these are stronger, the 13 ones came to a point and weren't as good. (hope that makes sense)

Posted: Dec 9, 2014 at 2:03 Quote
catalanfc wrote:
BaconFat wrote:
rico000 wrote:

I'm the same, hopefully going up to cannock at the weekend to give her a run and set up, going to give the mavic tyre a chance but just in case i got a good deal on a hans dampf, so have one of those on route.

Posted: Dec 9, 2014 at 3:59 Quote
Have people generally used loctite for their mech hanger, and if so did you loctite both the hanger to the chainstay, and the mech to the hanger?

Posted: Dec 9, 2014 at 6:19 Quote
graemeiow wrote:
Have people generally used loctite for their mech hanger, and if so did you loctite both the hanger to the chainstay, and the mech to the hanger?

Think I just did the hanger to the mech. It's been fine, haven't had any problems with it coming loose like some have.

You actually managed to get out on it yet?!?

Posted: Dec 9, 2014 at 6:27 Quote
Just had my wk49 comp 1 turn up without a dispatch email or DHL tracking. Bike is undamaged and box closed, although the staples didn't take much to pull open.

Can confirm the latest batch has the Guide brakes, HV black sleeved shock, frame with the new dropout and the unpainted iscg tabs/BB.

It also seems to have a lot more packaging around the headtube area where others had developed damage/scratches.

Posted: Dec 9, 2014 at 6:31 Quote
tommyturbo wrote:
Just had my wk49 comp 1 turn up without a dispatch email or DHL tracking. Bike is undamaged and box closed, although the staples didn't take much to pull open.

Can confirm the latest batch has the Guide brakes, HV black sleeved shock, frame with the new dropout and the unpainted iscg tabs/BB.

It also seems to have a lot more packaging around the headtube area where others had developed damage/scratches.

Lucky you! Big Grin ...Still waiting for mine, week 49 too Madder
When did you order it? If you don't mind me asking, please

Had a word with them this morning and they couldn't confirm when it was being sent, only a "don't worry, you'll get it before Christmas"

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017335
Mobile Version of Website