Jeffsy 29er Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Jeffsy 29er Thread
Posted: Nov 21, 2023 at 7:52 Quote
plazzer wrote:
horias2000 wrote:
Hello guys and gals,

I'm the owner of a 2020 YT Jeffsy 29 CF Comp (carbon main triangle and aluminium rear). I have a question regarding the frame. The link that has V4L written on it is not symmetrical in relation to the man triangle. On the drive side, the link is much closer to the frame than on the non-drive side. This means that when dirt gets in there, it rubs on the frame and the motion is not smooth anymore. I can untighten the bolt a bit and it gets better but if I tighten it to the specified torque (10-12Nm) it is very close to the frame. What am I missing here? I looked on the interwebs and I saw several pictures with this part, and it looked normal. I'm planning on replacing the bearings this winter and I will try to add a 1mm washer on the bearing and see if this improves the situation. Did any of you encounter this issue? Here's a picture: https://photos.app.goo.gl/b9BJeBX6kkpYAoN29

Looks the same on my frame. I double checked this area when I reassembly frame, it's seems no spacer is missing there. Probably it's caused by self-extracting axle design. Anyway, when you add 1mm spacer it can squeeze bearing too much.

Got the same bike, I have a washer siting on one side of the rocker. It's not on any exploded views I have found. And I spent quite some time trying to figure out where it was supposed to go after the first disassembly, as I didn’t notice it when disassembling the first time and it eventually fell out and I had no idea where it came from.
Could be quirk of the Comp frame, with mix of CF/Alu or just YT quality control, but I got a washer, and without it the linkage won’t move properly when torqued.
Sorry no pictures of the washer, but the rocker seems to sit centred to the frame.

Yt Jeffsy CF Comp 2020 rocker

Posted: Nov 26, 2023 at 2:12 Quote
Does anyone know if a RS Vivid AIR would fit the Jeffsy Mk3 frame?

Posted: Nov 27, 2023 at 12:40 Quote
AllMountainNEXT wrote:

not sure if the vivid isn't a bit much for a jeffsy, could be sick in the capra though!

Posted: Nov 30, 2023 at 2:19 Quote
MilkyWayne wrote:
AllMountainNEXT wrote:

not sure if the vivid isn't a bit much for a jeffsy, could be sick in the capra though!

Well it IS an amazing shock.

Posted: Mar 13, 2024 at 7:42 Quote
Apologies in advance if this has been covered elsewhere.

Has anyone mulleted the new Jeffsy?

I am short and like my bikes on the small side. My plan was to put the chip in high, drop down to 160 or 165 cranks, and stick my 27.5 wheel on the back.

Just looking for some feedback or discouragement prior to buying the bike.

Thanks for any wisdom.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011162
Mobile Version of Website