Red Deer and Area thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Red Deer and Area thread
O+
Posted: Jul 28, 2013 at 10:14 Quote
Park looks good guys. I have ridden the single track on both sides. I am wondering if there is any other xc, am trails around the Red Deer area? What about around canyon ski area?

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2014 at 22:16 Quote
It is looking like I may have to relocate to Red Deer in the near future. I am not expecting there to be a BC style bike scene, but I was what the options for solid XC riding are in and near town. I have ridden the bike park about 5 years ago, but was unimpressed base on how short the trails seemed, and all the unnecessary woodwork. I prefer riding on dirt, bridges and structures are fine if there is a purpose.

So what do the options look like in RD and anywhere 30-45 minutes away?

Oh yeah, any winter riding? Fatbikes?

Posted: Apr 21, 2014 at 17:12 Quote
Anybody been out to MacKenzie trails yet is it rideable?

Posted: Apr 21, 2014 at 19:05 Quote
Not yet, hopefully get out Wednesday and check it out. I was just in the forest behind Rotary Park and there's lots of snow in there. Can't see MacKenzie being any better.

Posted: Apr 27, 2014 at 21:19 Quote
the bottom has a little snow and muddy but rideable
diablo911 wrote:
Not yet, hopefully get out Wednesday and check it out. I was just in the forest behind Rotary Park and there's lots of snow in there. Can't see MacKenzie being any better.

Posted: Apr 29, 2014 at 18:17 Quote
Mackenzie Mini Dh is good to go. Rode it yesterday and today, dirt is really nice. Trail could use some work though. Might bring out a shovel this weekend and give it some love.

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2014 at 19:11 Quote
diablo911 wrote:
Mackenzie Mini Dh is good to go. Rode it yesterday and today, dirt is really nice. Trail could use some work though. Might bring out a shovel this weekend and give it some love.

Where can i find this trail?

Posted: Apr 29, 2014 at 19:15 Quote
rocketendo wrote:
diablo911 wrote:

Where can i find this trail?

Ya rode it on Sunday was fun

Posted: Apr 29, 2014 at 22:18 Quote
Is there a map of mountain bike trails in Red Deer and area

Posted: Apr 30, 2014 at 11:27 Quote
homer71 wrote:
Is there a map of mountain bike trails in Red Deer and area
Not really pretty easy to find

O+
Posted: May 2, 2014 at 19:50 Quote
Hi, I'm spending my first summer in Red Deer and it's looking like riding season's starting. I'm mostly into xc but downhill's fun too - it would be great to get some riding buddies up here.

Posted: May 2, 2014 at 21:05 Quote
Yeah, I could show you around some of the trails, not all of them are free of snow yet but there is some stuff that is rideable. I will be going next week as I am going skiing this weekend. Give me a text at 403-358-2721 when you looking to go.

O+
Posted: May 2, 2014 at 21:32 Quote
I am interested in riding with others as well. I am in red deer on 15 and 6 rotation.

Posted: May 9, 2014 at 14:42 Quote
What other areas are good to ride ? Bike park? pines?

O+
Posted: May 9, 2014 at 19:08 Quote
heatley1080 wrote:
Yeah, I could show you around some of the trails, not all of them are free of snow yet but there is some stuff that is rideable. I will be going next week as I am going skiing this weekend. Give me a text at 403-358-2721 when you looking to go.

Sorry didn't see that someone had replied! Thanks, I'm also on a 15/6 but it's fairly slow so I should have this weekend off.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.026987
Mobile Version of Website