Powered by Outside

Manitou circus

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Manitou circus
Posted: Jun 30, 2020 at 0:27 Quote
Aaronz, there is an orswer to follow when putting the axle in.

First you need to push on the large end axle, and at the same time grab front wheel spokes and pull both together. (So you dont have the larger diameter protrude into the dropout space.)
Then tighten down the pinchbolts on that side.
Next install the end cap, and finally tighten the remaining pinch bolts.

And about the clunking on compression. My First gen1 circus did this too. I tracked it to a small amount of play in the foam compensater in the compression assembly. I added a small washer in there to take up the slack and got rid of my noise. Hope this might help some folks!

Posted: Jun 30, 2020 at 2:17 Quote
Surely you should tighten the end cap first then the pinch bolts?

Posted: Jan 15, 2021 at 7:55 Quote
I've read a couple post about people mentioning the solo air mod on the circus expert forks where you replace the spring and other internals in the left leg for a RS Solo air unit from a 32mm RS fork making it lighter in the process.

I believe this is the part required but as there's no info online other than brief testimonials saying its possible I have no idea;
https://www.bikeinn.com/bike/rockshox-spring-internals-left-recon-solo-air/136338305/p

Anyone here done this or have any more info on what would be required?

Posted: Jan 16, 2021 at 12:58 Quote
Pretty much nobody is going to go do that conversion I don't think lol

It's already a light fork and there's almost no gain to be had from making it a few grams lighter. Switching the internals over will likely be a huge ball ache and risks damage and warranty issues.

If you want to have a crack, just for the sake of having a project then nice one, but I doubt many people are going to jump on board with that

Posted: Apr 4, 2021 at 9:18 Quote
Afternoon all. I have some circus experts. I’m having some bother with the abs dial and was wondering if anyone could help. When I turn it all the way clockwise, it locks out. If I turn it anti clockwise from there it seems to go immediately to fully open rather than one click towards open. I can also rotate the dial 2 full rotations which I don’t think it should be able to do. Any ideas???

Posted: Jun 29, 2021 at 6:16 Quote
harry2601 wrote:
I've read a couple post about people mentioning the solo air mod on the circus expert forks where you replace the spring and other internals in the left leg for a RS Solo air unit from a 32mm RS fork making it lighter in the process.

I believe this is the part required but as there's no info online other than brief testimonials saying its possible I have no idea;
https://www.bikeinn.com/bike/rockshox-spring-internals-left-recon-solo-air/136338305/p

Anyone here done this or have any more info on what would be required?

Hi, I've read these posts too and I'm fairly interested in moving ahead with this mod. Did you make it eventually? BTW, I think the part you are mentionning is the right one.
Cheers

Posted: Aug 1, 2021 at 15:09 Quote
Hi, I just bought a 2017 or 2018 model, I am not sure of which year is it.

My question is if I can do some pumptrack with jumps on lock position without worrying about blowing up the damper.

I heard that the HSC flow will still work on lock so there should be no problem, but wanted to make sure.

Thanks!

Posted: Aug 25, 2021 at 4:45 Quote
Hey, trying to set up a circus expert, the rebound damping doesn't seem to do much, full left or fully right is seems to spring back quickly. With the bike upside down, all the way clockwise should be slowest?

I've got 70psi because I'm heavy and don't like much movement, could that overwhelming the rebound circuit or could it be broken? Compression is working fine.

Posted: Aug 25, 2021 at 10:32 Quote
MonkeyBicycle wrote:
Hey, trying to set up a circus expert, the rebound damping doesn't seem to do much, full left or fully right is seems to spring back quickly. With the bike upside down, all the way clockwise should be slowest?

I've got 70psi because I'm heavy and don't like much movement, could that overwhelming the rebound circuit or could it be broken? Compression is working fine.

In my Circus Expert, the rebound knob has some effect, it totally changes the sound of the fork on extension (dampening sound when it is closed, which indicates that at least something happens internally) and gets a bit slower, but still too fast to my taste.

Fully open the rebound will make my bike actually lift from the ground if I release the handlebars after compressing.
Fully close it doesn't jump, but still too fast.

Clockwise is open, counterclockwise is closed.
I have only 20psi of preload

Posted: Aug 26, 2021 at 23:09 Quote
MonkeyBicycle wrote:

The fork oil that most forks come with is 5 wt , I usually replace it using a combination of maxima 10 and 20 wt fork oil to theoretically have 15 wt oil at 1:1 ratio. the viscosity can be adjusted by changing the ratio. Or maybe you need 20wt... At 70psi the stock 5wt oil will not offer enough resistance through the valving to slow down rebound. I'm currently running 10wt oil with 40psi.I used it as "bath" oil as well. I weigh around 165lbs

Posted: Aug 26, 2021 at 23:11 Quote
GekoES wrote:
Hi, I just bought a 2017 or 2018 model, I am not sure of which year is it.

My question is if I can do some pumptrack with jumps on lock position without worrying about blowing up the damper.

I heard that the HSC flow will still work on lock so there should be no problem, but wanted to make sure.

Thanks!
I've heard that it is a bad idea to do any high impact riding in lockout. Not sure about the explanation of why that is though.

Posted: Aug 28, 2021 at 13:44 Quote
dig2die wrote:
MonkeyBicycle wrote:

The fork oil that most forks come with is 5 wt , I usually replace it using a combination of maxima 10 and 20 wt fork oil to theoretically have 15 wt oil at 1:1 ratio. the viscosity can be adjusted by changing the ratio. Or maybe you need 20wt... At 70psi the stock 5wt oil will not offer enough resistance through the valving to slow down rebound. I'm currently running 10wt oil with 40psi.I used it as "bath" oil as well. I weigh around 165lbs

Thanks, I hadn't thought about changing the oil, I'll look into that!

Posted: Jul 23, 2022 at 21:25 Quote
Hey guys
I can get a new stock 2019 model of circus expert cheaper than the 2022 model. Is there any real difference between the two?

How has circus expert changed since the release? Any significant changes?

O+
Posted: Jul 24, 2022 at 12:12 Quote
BikeTrials wrote:
Hey guys
I can get a new stock 2019 model of circus expert cheaper than the 2022 model. Is there any real difference between the two?

How has circus expert changed since the release? Any significant changes?

I don't really think there is any difference man. Go for the old one. I have a 22' and it feels the same as an 09'. hahaha

Posted: Jul 24, 2022 at 22:23 Quote
BikeTrials - They are Identical. Exactly the same forks, with updated decals.. Circus expert is a great fork!

marlon-d - The expert is still running the same internals it was launched with in 2011.
No internal changes have been made to the Circus platform until the Pro model was released. Only Chassis, and colour changes.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017198
Mobile Version of Website