Powered by Outside

Fox talas 36 RC2

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Fox talas 36 RC2
Posted: Feb 25, 2011 at 18:44 Quote
motiv303 wrote:
fr112358 wrote:
Yeah, my friend has one on his 7 point and it bottoms out ALL the time! He doesn't like it that much.

Probably needs to add more air into the fork. Tell him to set the sag so it has the right pressure and play with the adjustments. It shouldn't be bottoming out all easy.

can you show me where to pump air into the fork?

Posted: Feb 25, 2011 at 22:16 Quote
ride-life-ride-giant wrote:
motiv303 wrote:
fr112358 wrote:
Yeah, my friend has one on his 7 point and it bottoms out ALL the time! He doesn't like it that much.

Probably needs to add more air into the fork. Tell him to set the sag so it has the right pressure and play with the adjustments. It shouldn't be bottoming out all easy.

Are you serious??? If its a van you cant add air but if its a float or talas its right under the blue knob on top of the left fork leg.

Posted: Feb 26, 2011 at 11:27 Quote
voltagerider wrote:
motiv303 wrote:

Are you serious??? If its a van you cant add air but if its a float or talas its right under the blue knob on top of the left fork leg.

yea im serious this is my first fox fork and its a talas

Posted: Feb 26, 2011 at 11:49 Quote
voltagerider wrote:

You unscrew the little blue knob right in the middle of the talas adjuster. When its off there should be a valve and you put your air with a shock pump. Here:

photo

Posted: Feb 26, 2011 at 11:55 Quote
voltagerider wrote:
voltagerider wrote:

You unscrew the little blue knob right in the middle of the talas adjuster. When its off there should be a valve and you put your air with a shock pump. Here:

K thanks

photo

Posted: Feb 27, 2011 at 4:01 Quote
does not compute??? new 36 talas and hookworm slicks?? please enlighten me Salute

Posted: Feb 27, 2011 at 8:56 Quote
WasabiJim wrote:
does not compute??? new 36 talas and hookworm slicks?? please enlighten me Salute

I'm not shure if I understand you here...

Posted: Feb 27, 2011 at 18:13 Quote
curiosity around a bike setup with new 36 talas and runs those hi-volume hookworm slick tires.

Posted: Mar 29, 2011 at 14:23 Quote
hey guys, I'm debating weather i should buy a used fox 36 Talas, reason being that the travel is no longer adjustable... Which also makes me think that they're may be more damage. I was wondering how much i am looking at if i were to get the for repaired.

Thanks,

Rick

O+
Posted: Mar 29, 2011 at 17:17 Quote
Depends what's wrong. It could be as simple as having someone knowledgeable rebuild the Talas assembly, or it could be damaged and need replacing.
If it needs replacing a new Talas assembly could cost upwards of $500.

Posted: Mar 29, 2011 at 18:13 Quote
rick101 wrote:
hey guys, I'm debating weather i should buy a used fox 36 Talas, reason being that the travel is no longer adjustable... Which also makes me think that they're may be more damage. I was wondering how much i am looking at if i were to get the for repaired.

Thanks,

Rick

Just buy a good condition one...

Posted: Mar 29, 2011 at 21:36 Quote
i got travel adjustment problem fixed for about 15$, but i am not sure if it will be that easy for your fork.

Posted: Mar 29, 2011 at 21:41 Quote
my travel adjust stopped working, turned out the air spring needed replacing (was warrentied as only a few months old). the ride quality was a vast improvement with the new airspring so it could also be performance that you're missing out on.

if you decide to fix it or replace broken parts , there is the option of rebuilding it with float parts

Posted: Jun 15, 2011 at 19:29 Quote
question for you guys. I'm looking at getting a talas 180mm adjustable to 140mm. It says 2 position on the site so I'm assuming it only does 140mm. But does that mean it only goes down to 140mm or can you stop in between and put it at 160mm?

Posted: Jun 15, 2011 at 21:08 Quote
Straner wrote:
question for you guys. I'm looking at getting a talas 180mm adjustable to 140mm. It says 2 position on the site so I'm assuming it only does 140mm. But does that mean it only goes down to 140mm or can you stop in between and put it at 160mm?

2 positions only... it sucks but it is what it is... I would get a 2010 if I was you.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012595
Mobile Version of Website