Powered by Outside

"Official" how high can you Bunny Hop (any kind of bike)

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
"Official" how high can you Bunny Hop (any kind of bike)
Posted: Nov 2, 2009 at 7:38 Quote
I'll have to get a vid or something up I guess. Razz

I really want to see that on a 29'r (I don't doubt you, It'd just be cool to see)

Posted: Nov 2, 2009 at 7:44 Quote
photoguy9 wrote:
I'll have to get a vid or something up I guess. Razz

I really want to see that on a 29'r (I don't doubt you, It'd just be cool to see)

If you want to ride/race fast xc on the east coast you'd better be able to hop. I'll try and at least get a pic. Actually, there are several guys I ride with that can get up and over some big stuff.

Posted: Nov 2, 2009 at 7:45 Quote
On a 29er seems a bit odd, but..oh well. 29ers roll over things easier so I don't see much sense in hopping over a log or something.

Posted: Nov 2, 2009 at 8:08 Quote
Rattsl wrote:
On a 29er seems a bit odd, but..oh well. 29ers roll over things easier so I don't see much sense in hopping over a log or something.

Basically it depends on how fast you're going. If climbing or on a slow tech section, then you just roll over because you won't loose any momentum. On the other hand, if you going fast you need to bunny hop because if you slow down to roll over the log, log pile, rock, whatever, you loose momentum. I ride a single speed so momentum is the key.

Posted: Nov 2, 2009 at 10:26 Quote
spongebomb wrote:
my record is up a 1.10m high wall without touching it with my rear wheel (=44")

and my record 180 is around 80cm (=30")

both on mtb

I want to see a video! Hope it's not bs

And especially the 180 over 80cm

Posted: Nov 2, 2009 at 12:10 Quote
tinnacleprojan wrote:
its not exacly 3 foot. its over 2.5 foot. but as i have been practicing; i clear the ledge more and more now adays. those vids were done within 24 hours of me first doing it...i understand your critisism

to be fair tinnacle verytime i have been there you have cased the ledge, LOL, but u can stil get up it Razz

Posted: Nov 2, 2009 at 12:12 Quote
i can bunny hop 6 feet, but i broke my camera so i cant show you. but trust me.

LOL

Posted: Nov 2, 2009 at 12:13 Quote
did 5 inches today, on a stand still bunny hop Razz

is it true the higher your bars go, the higher the bunny hop?

Posted: Nov 2, 2009 at 12:54 Quote
TyreBurningBiker wrote:

It's said that the higher your bars, the more leverage. But i'm sure that's to a point.

Posted: Nov 2, 2009 at 13:02 Quote
to me it would seem that lower bars would be better. that way you can tuck in more.

Posted: Nov 2, 2009 at 13:38 Quote
AmpRider94 wrote:
tinnacleprojan wrote:
its not exacly 3 foot. its over 2.5 foot. but as i have been practicing; i clear the ledge more and more now adays. those vids were done within 24 hours of me first doing it...i understand your critisism

to be fair tinnacle verytime i have been there you have cased the ledge, LOL, but u can stil get up it Razz

every time youve seen me isnt every time ive done it ...Wink lol

Posted: Nov 2, 2009 at 16:19 Quote
TyreBurningBiker wrote:

Well, yeah. Bringing your front higher means that you will be able to cleanly hop something leveled and under control.

And also, if you don't bring the front up, it will be hard to hop over something that is higher than your front wheels.

If you do happen to hop it by momentum, you will land front wheel first..

Posted: Nov 2, 2009 at 18:17 Quote
TyreBurningBiker wrote:

not in the slightest, its easier to pull them up, but its pretty negligible since you should be strong enough to pull the front up with any bars, and you can tuck small bars more

its all preference

Posted: Nov 2, 2009 at 18:28 Quote
i can consisitently hop onto picnic tables...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019561
Mobile Version of Website