Powered by Outside

what hardtail can you use for downhill and what forks would be good

PB Forum :: Beginners
what hardtail can you use for downhill and what forks would be good
Posted: Apr 16, 2013 at 17:27 Quote
I plan on riding a smooth jump track near my house. The gaps are probably 0-20 foot gaps and there are some bridges that drop 4-6 feet. The trail is racked frequently and there are no rocks on the track. i do plan on using a hard tail and want to know the best front shocks (i was thinking 160-180mm), and the best (cheaper) tire sets i should get.

Posted: Apr 16, 2013 at 23:25 Quote
RC3PO wrote:
I plan on riding a smooth jump track near my house. The gaps are probably 0-20 foot gaps and there are some bridges that drop 4-6 feet. The trail is racked frequently and there are no rocks on the track. i do plan on using a hard tail and want to know the best front shocks (i was thinking 160-180mm), and the best (cheaper) tire sets i should get.
are you looking for single or dual crown fork? ...for tire it dépends on your riding type; if you rails hard you would need a more aggressive tire ..even on a clean track

Posted: Apr 17, 2013 at 9:11 Quote
La-Sauce wrote:
RC3PO wrote:
are you looking for single or dual crown fork? ...for tire it dépends on your riding type; if you rails hard you would need a more aggressive tire ..even on a clean track

Im looking for a single crown

Posted: Apr 17, 2013 at 9:14 Quote
RC3PO wrote:
La-Sauce wrote:
RC3PO wrote:

it dépends on your budget , fox 36, rock shox domaim..

Posted: Apr 17, 2013 at 9:34 Quote
La-Sauce wrote:
RC3PO wrote:
La-Sauce wrote:

Lyriks are far better than domains, and can be had almost as cheap second hand

Posted: Apr 17, 2013 at 9:47 Quote
+1 for Lyric, my lyric dh is awesome 170mm of travel and seems like it can handle anything my 66 can ('05 66, one of the good quality made in Italy ones)

Posted: Apr 19, 2013 at 0:30 Quote
inked-up-metalhead wrote:
La-Sauce wrote:
RC3PO wrote:

Lyriks are far better than domains, and can be had almost as cheap second hand
as i said ;It depends on is budget

Posted: May 13, 2013 at 4:09 Quote
chilli7 wrote:
i use this!!!!!
photo

Does anyone konw what this frame is?

Posted: May 13, 2013 at 4:22 Quote
tomstone96 wrote:
chilli7 wrote:
i use this!!!!!
photo

Does anyone konw what this frame is?

Orange subZero

Posted: Aug 11, 2014 at 11:06 Quote
aaronlampman wrote:
irktusk wrote:
aaronlampman wrote:
dude if u want to get into downhill then spend a little more cash and buy a full suspension bike
Agreed. Spend the money and it will make all the difference
hell ya it will.....
what if he wants a ht because of the extra challenge I mean that why I ride one and I'm just as fast as my friends that are on fs

Posted: Aug 11, 2014 at 11:07 Quote
HardtailHucker03 wrote:
aaronlampman wrote:
irktusk wrote:

Agreed. Spend the money and it will make all the difference
hell ya it will.....
what if he wants a ht because of the extra challenge I mean that why I ride one and I'm just as fast as my friends that are on fs
then you have slow friends.

Posted: Aug 11, 2014 at 11:43 Quote
Nobble wrote:
HardtailHucker03 wrote:
aaronlampman wrote:
hell ya it will.....
then you have slow friends.
if you say so Wink

Posted: Aug 11, 2014 at 11:46 Quote
No, you either have slow friends or shit dh tracks. Noone can ride a hardtail through properly rough stuff as fast as a dh bike.

Posted: Aug 11, 2014 at 12:44 Quote
inked-up-metalhead wrote:
No, you either have slow friends or shit dh tracks. Noone can ride a hardtail through properly rough stuff as fast as a dh bike.
I ride at Snow Shoe just fine and keep up with not just my friends but the park rats too

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.925089
Mobile Version of Website