Powered by Outside

The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: May 12, 2024 at 20:37 Quote
Do we have any predictions on what will be open for opening day?

Posted: May 12, 2024 at 21:28 Quote
Jonreedy wrote:
Do we have any predictions on what will be open for opening day?
Yes. I predict they will only open the rock slab under the Fitz chair.

Haha but seriously I don't expect A-Line or DM to be open. But I do predict Crank It Up and B-Line.

Posted: May 13, 2024 at 10:26 Quote
We should skip to early July when everything is open...

Posted: May 14, 2024 at 18:23 Quote
New trails? Take a look at the trail map, Garbonzo, few things that were unofficial last year are official this year. Some of the builders socials may have some clues on what may be open on opening day.

I'm curious how the Schleyer drop is going to work now with that new lift tower in the way.

Posted: May 15, 2024 at 7:40 Quote
Yo guys, what are the possibilities of servicing Fox 40 and Float X2 in Whistler in case of failure? I'm curious about prices and waiting times. Not sure how many replacement parts should I take for a 1-month trip or everything can be fixed on-site if needed. Cheers for any info!

O+
Posted: May 15, 2024 at 8:19 Quote
brooce wrote:
Yo guys, what are the possibilities of servicing Fox 40 and Float X2 in Whistler in case of failure? I'm curious about prices and waiting times. Not sure how many replacement parts should I take for a 1-month trip or everything can be fixed on-site if needed. Cheers for any info!

Corsa is solid
https://www.dunbarcycles.com/service/corsa-suspension-centre-squamish/

Posted: May 15, 2024 at 9:56 Quote
dirtpedaler wrote:
New trails? Take a look at the trail map, Garbonzo, few things that were unofficial last year are official this year. Some of the builders socials may have some clues on what may be open on opening day.

I'm curious how the Schleyer drop is going to work now with that new lift tower in the way.
Oh yeah I see that.
In Garbo: Too Mushroom, for a double black tech El Gordabata and Patrol Rock. I also remember riding Lemon Peel but not seeing Lemonade last year.

For Creekside: Spingnar, Curque Du Soil, Bengal Bear and Line of Control, Also I could be wrong but I don’t remember seeing OSESA last year so I think that’s new too!

Posted: May 15, 2024 at 10:10 Quote
calicartel wrote:
brooce wrote:

Corsa is solid
https://www.dunbarcycles.com/service/corsa-suspension-centre-squamish/

Corsa is very good but if you don't want to leg it to Squamish I was going to recommend Vorsprung till I saw it sold suspension services business to S4 which is Whistler - based - see https://s4suspension.com/pages/contact

Posted: May 15, 2024 at 11:46 Quote
ethanrevitch wrote:

For Creekside: Spingnar, Curque Du Soil, Bengal Bear and Line of Control, Also I could be wrong but I don’t remember seeing OSESA last year so I think that’s new too!

Those were all open last year.

O+
Posted: May 15, 2024 at 12:20 Quote
Missfire is now a double-black? I'm curious as to what changed on the trail to trigger the increased rating.

O+
Posted: May 15, 2024 at 13:19 Quote
Id guess just errorsion. Bigger holes, more rocks on show.

Posted: May 15, 2024 at 14:14 Quote
dirtpedaler wrote:
ethanrevitch wrote:

Those were all open last year.
They were? I don’t remember them haha. But the stuff on Garbo is new?

Posted: May 15, 2024 at 14:17 Quote
Taz123 wrote:
Missfire is now a double-black? I'm curious as to what changed on the trail to trigger the increased rating.
I remember it being one of the more sketchy single blacks. Like he said below they probably just left it raw. The wholes were pretty big last July.

O+
Posted: May 16, 2024 at 11:53 Quote
ethanrevitch wrote:
Taz123 wrote:
I remember it being one of the more sketchy single blacks. Like he said below they probably just left it raw. The wholes were pretty big last July.

Agreed, some spots were getting pretty rugged by early August.

I will say that TotW -> Miss Fire -> Delayed Fuse was a shitload of fun if you enjoy tech trails.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015805
Mobile Version of Website